Author Topic: Aaron McKie signs with the Lakers . . .  (Read 19945 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Aaron McKie signs with the Lakers . . .
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 06:25:52 PM »
Again JoMaL for I believe the third time....

Why the hell would LA want Tracy McGrady when they have Kobe Bryant?  Kobe is better on both ends of the court than T-Mac is.  I just dont see why you keep bringing up him comming to LA in 2007.
Do I? I never noticed.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 06:37:02 PM »

Why the hell would LA want Tracy McGrady when they have Kobe Bryant?  Kobe is better on both ends of the court than T-Mac is.  I just dont see why you keep bringing up him comming to LA in 2007.
Do I? I never noticed.
Yes, youve brought up T-Mac comming to LA and how he wouldnt play well with Kobe several times.

Why would we want T-Mac?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 08:48:08 PM »

Why the hell would LA want Tracy McGrady when they have Kobe Bryant?  Kobe is better on both ends of the court than T-Mac is.  I just dont see why you keep bringing up him comming to LA in 2007.
Do I? I never noticed.
It's obvious you don't realize half of the stuff that spews from your mouth.  You can't believe it -- much less anyone else.

The Kings aren't rebuilding -- they are simply trying to maintain -- last I checked, maintaining doesn't get you any championship titles -- but as a Kings fan, I really don't expect you to know anything about championships.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 11:15:13 AM »
Yeah, like my plan all along has been to actually have a reasonable dialogue regarding the Lakers.

But then, I could have suggested the Lakers acquire Allan Iverson, Vin Baker, Allan Houston, Chris Webber, or any number of other worthy players that would create a NY Knicks west roster, but with the addition of Brown, McKie, and Mihm, I would be nuts to rock that boat, wouldn't I?

God forbid if I make a suggestion regarding any player who actually might be worth the money.

Did I also mention anything regarding Kobe Bryant being better off leaving the Lakers so LA would have a better chance of attaining that lofty banner Randy thinks is just around the corner somewhere? I can't remember that either.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 11:36:12 AM »
Did I also mention anything regarding Kobe Bryant being better off leaving the Lakers so LA would have a better chance of attaining that lofty banner Randy thinks is just around the corner somewhere? I can't remember that either.

Well, we do have one thing in common -- it seems we both put the same kind of value and importance to your posts.

rickortreat

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 12:14:45 PM »
Non Laker posters:  be a little sensitive to the Purple and Gold folks.  They had their run, and now are in a bad, bad way.  They can justify it all they want to, but they're not on top now, and won't be for the forseeable future.

All they can do is rely on their past performance.  But the people responsible for their conistency are gone.  West is gone, their best player is gone.  Jackson isn't known for his ability to rebuild a team like Brown, he just jumps on as the team is ready to take a shot at the title.

Don't kick them when they're down.  Just let them stay down and dream about the future, like the rest of the loosers in the NBA.

Right now, it's SA's time to be on top, and they've done a pretty good job of staying there while loosing Mr. Robinson.  I'm not sure if they can win another one this year, but even if they don't it won't be LA that does anything about it!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 12:19:08 PM »
Non Laker posters:  be a little sensitive to the Purple and Gold folks.  They had their run, and now are in a bad, bad way.  They can justify it all they want to, but they're not on top now, and won't be for the forseeable future.

All they can do is rely on their past performance.  But the people responsible for their conistency are gone.  West is gone, their best player is gone.  Jackson isn't known for his ability to rebuild a team like Brown, he just jumps on as the team is ready to take a shot at the title.

Don't kick them when they're down.  Just let them stay down and dream about the future, like the rest of the loosers in the NBA.

Right now, it's SA's time to be on top, and they've done a pretty good job of staying there while loosing Mr. Robinson.  I'm not sure if they can win another one this year, but even if they don't it won't be LA that does anything about it!
applause.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 12:44:42 PM »
Non Laker posters:  be a little sensitive to the Purple and Gold folks.  They had their run, and now are in a bad, bad way.  They can justify it all they want to, but they're not on top now, and won't be for the forseeable future.

All they can do is rely on their past performance.  But the people responsible for their conistency are gone.  West is gone, their best player is gone.  Jackson isn't known for his ability to rebuild a team like Brown, he just jumps on as the team is ready to take a shot at the title.

Don't kick them when they're down.  Just let them stay down and dream about the future, like the rest of the loosers in the NBA.

Right now, it's SA's time to be on top, and they've done a pretty good job of staying there while loosing Mr. Robinson.  I'm not sure if they can win another one this year, but even if they don't it won't be LA that does anything about it!

San Antonio will win the title again this year ... it's a forgone conclusion just like this time last year.  They are clearly the best all around team with the most experience and they deserve it.  For the other 29 or 30 teams, or however many there are now (darn you expansion <waives fist in air>!) ... this season is just a fun exercise in futility.  Go Chris Mihm ... yeah!

So whether you're a Sixers fan, or a Kings fan, or a Hawks fan, or god forbid a Laker fan ... we're all screwed.   Perhaps Miami and Detroit fans have some glimmer of hope ... but let's be real ... does anyone here honestly think that a healthy Tim Duncan led Spurs team is beatable? He waxed Detroit on two sprained ankles last season for crying out loud.

Just so my post isn't entirely off topic.  I really like Aaron McKie as a pickup ... I don't think he's the answer at point, but he's a seasoned vet and a class act, and those guys never hurt your squad.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »

Well, we do have one thing in common -- it seems we both put the same kind of value and importance to your posts.
Believe me, that is ten times the value I put on yours.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 02:02:50 PM »
Just so my post isn't entirely off topic.  I really like Aaron McKie as a pickup ... I don't think he's the answer at point, but he's a seasoned vet and a class act, and those guys never hurt your squad.
And I don't really have a problem with the additions the Lakers have made this last year either, but this alleged 'youth' movement and the patience associated with it as the LA brass allows them to grow into another NBA Laker dynasty......?

Perhaps I have been too harsh on Randy and his fellow Laker croonies, and pity for the delusions he is experiencing is more in order......

Genghis, the Polar Bear

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56:12 PM »
Not to nitpick, or to throw gas on a fire, but...

....oh, who am I kidding?

Believe me, that is ten times the value I put on yours.

If x is Jomal's value of Randy's opinion, and 10x is Randy's value of JoMal's opinion, then, in order for:

x < 10x

Then x must be greater than 0.

Now, if Randy comes back and says that there's no way that Jomal's opinion of his posts is as low as his value of Jomal's post, then, Randy is stating that

x > 10x, in which case, x must be less that 0.

However, if Randy comes back and says that he estimates the value of JoMal's opinion to be roughly 1/10th of Jomal's opinion, then Randy would be saying:

(1/10)x = x, which would mean x = 10x, which means x-10x = 0, which means (x)(1-10)=0, which means x=0/-9, which means x=0.

Apparently, x=0 is the only thing that seems to really come close to fitting this criteria.

And if that's the case, JoMal could also say to Randy, "Why, I value your opinion 10 times as much as you do mine," and it would mean the same thing.

The point of this?  Simple:  if you ever want to confuse an issue, USE MATH TO DO IT.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled (and quite entertaining) human-bashing.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »
JoMal,

A simple reading comprehension class would be a great thing for you -- you ought to check into it.  I know that working for the government must make you lose desire for the actual facts but you ought to at least look into it.

Go back and actually reread my post -- I put very little stock in our current young players -- go back and actually read it rather than putting Reality's twisted version to it.  You will actually see that I stated that the Lakers are holding off until they have a great deal of cap money to put a team together.  Presently, they are going to see which young players can work together with Kobe as role players with whoever the Lakers can manage to pick up and/or steal from another team.  

But history shouldn't be forgotten -- it often repeats itself.  The fact that it has repeated itself many times in LA gives LA fans hope for the future rather than the dismal thought that many NBA fans have (their best days are behind them).

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 03:21:04 PM »
However, Randy, I have to wonder which piece of history will repeat itself:

The Lakers assemble top talent and make a championship team out of it

or

A franchise suffers in mediocrity (or worse) as a penalty for continuing to spoil someone whose ego is oversized

The fact that history has a tendency of repeating itself doesn't mean history *ONLY* repeats itself - especially when a core value important to the process has changed.

For years and years and years, the Lakers have had a team where everyone was willing to sacrifice...with the knowledge that if they weren't willing to offer sacrifices, they'd *BE* the sacrifice.  The Lakers had a chance to say that to Kobe, too - by calling his bluff about "considering other teams."  The correct answer is, "Here's our best offer.  It's the best offer you'll get.  It's more than anyone else can offer you.  But Phil's our coach, and Shaq's our main option, and that's not going to change."

The idea that the Lakers made the "right choice" by being bad now, and hopefully getting good later, when you can get another player, is flawed logic.  I would choose to be GOOD now, and get good again later when I can get another player - I'd have kept Shaq.  There's no guarantee that you can replace Kobe now (then), but there's no quarantee that you can replace Shaq later.  The best chance you've got to do either is to STAY GOOD.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 03:49:35 PM »
Non Laker posters:  be a little sensitive to the Purple and Gold folks.  They had their run, and now are in a bad, bad way.  They can justify it all they want to, but they're not on top now, and won't be for the forseeable future.

All they can do is rely on their past performance.  But the people responsible for their conistency are gone.  West is gone, their best player is gone.  Jackson isn't known for his ability to rebuild a team like Brown, he just jumps on as the team is ready to take a shot at the title.

Don't kick them when they're down.  Just let them stay down and dream about the future, like the rest of the loosers in the NBA.

Right now, it's SA's time to be on top, and they've done a pretty good job of staying there while loosing Mr. Robinson.  I'm not sure if they can win another one this year, but even if they don't it won't be LA that does anything about it!
Says the guy who is living off Dr. J championships :D  We wouldnt be any worse off than the Sixers or Kings would we?   I must have missed when the Sixers dominated the playoffs last year.

Funny this started the talk of 'paying someone worth the money'  how is Tracy Mcgrady or Yao Ming worth max money more than Kobe?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:51:54 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 04:08:56 PM »

Says the guy who is living off Dr. J championships :D  We wouldnt be any worse off than the Sixers or Kings would we?   I must have missed when the Sixers dominated the playoffs last year.

Funny this started the talk of 'paying someone worth the money'  how is Tracy Mcgrady or Yao Ming worth max money more than Kobe?
I'm still waiting for a Piston or Spurs fan to chime in on the subject of championships before I start to pay attention.  :rolleyes:

Who is Dr J?
Where do they hold parades for Pacific Division winners?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"