Author Topic: Ron Artest for who??!!  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ron Artest for who??!!
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 10:01:07 AM »
and Jomald what is with the Sam Ammicks attempts to get Ron to go off.
Sure seems like that was his angle.
Another media putz.

Way to handle it Ron.  I loved every answer you gave except one.  I'm overlooking the silly "I waz diswespected" ghetto punk response as your justification for the brawl.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2008, 10:51:39 AM »
Yeah, jemagee, Artest is just great for basketball.

But for all he brings to the court, and his skills are truly unique for a small forward, his other problems are not going away and no matter how much you pump drugs into him to control him, and they can't. He seems bi-polar. His community work has been noted and reported on here in SacTown as well as even back in Detroit.

Oh, BTW, much of it was court ordered but what the hay, he sure does nice things for kids.

Also WhoreOutWest, you might want to drop the rap album reference. While at one time that was also an issue with Ron, he completely dropped out of the music scene while in Sacramento. Starving dogs, beating his wife, and lying to the media take too much of his time these days to compete with other marginal rap singers.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »
Also WhoreOutWest, you might want to drop the rap album reference. While at one time that was also an issue with Ron, he completely dropped out of the music scene while in Sacramento. Starving dogs, beating his wife, and lying to the media take too much of his time these days to compete with other marginal rap singers.

My bad.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »
Ron Ron has really improved his speed at crippling team chemistry ... that took no time at all! 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3512419

I'm sure black americans are proud to have someone finally representing their culture.   :D

This guy will bring race relations back to the 1950's more effectively than he will ever represent black culture.  What a disgrace ...

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2008, 03:24:08 PM »
Ron Ron has really improved his speed at crippling team chemistry ... that took no time at all! 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3512419

I'm sure black americans are proud to have someone finally representing their culture.   :D

This guy will bring race relations back to the 1950's more effectively than he will ever represent black culture.  What a disgrace ...

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about.

What's everyone think the odds of him failing the physical are now?  Trade nullified.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
Yeah, jemagee, Artest is just great for basketball.

But for all he brings to the court, and his skills are truly unique for a small forward, his other problems are not going away and no matter how much you pump drugs into him to control him, and they can't. He seems bi-polar. His community work has been noted and reported on here in SacTown as well as even back in Detroit.

Oh, BTW, much of it was court ordered but what the hay, he sure does nice things for kids.

Actually as the resident hip hop head and DJ here on these basketball boards this is incorrect.  While he himself is not trying to rap he is still trying to get his label running and going.  That I know as he has appeared and talked about it a few time since being in Sac-town.

And it's not the starving dogs, beating wife, and lying that has kept him from rapping.  It was the first week sales of like 800 copies he had as Mr. Tru Warrior that stopped him.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com