Author Topic: Ron Artest for who??!!  (Read 7414 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Ron Artest for who??!!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
Look, it's clear, you hate ron artest and think he's the scummiest player in the nba who does things that no other nba player would even think of doing...I think you're wrong...as for your comments regarding the darwin awards (which i think you were trying to reference)...as you rant and rave with irrational hatred towards ron artest i'm not sure which leg you are standing on but it's about to snap

But it is entertaining, thanks for the laughs

First off, newbie, I think the scummiest player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant, and you can ask any of the other resident posters around here if that is true or not.

We had Ron for over two years, and while his on-court skills are considerable, he hindered the development of players such as Kevin Martin, who never got to see the ball enough on offense when Artest actually showed up for games. Martin is going to truly shine all year long without the offense getting stymied by Artest's insistence on having the game run through his hands. He is not that good of an all-round NBA style player to do that. For all of Bryants's annoyances, I do not see Artest in the same offensive league as Kobe, so he should never have done that. Theus can focus the game away from that now.

Second, my entertainment value to this board is considerable, so keep me happy.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Look, it's clear, you hate ron artest and think he's the scummiest player in the nba who does things that no other nba player would even think of doing...I think you're wrong...as for your comments regarding the darwin awards (which i think you were trying to reference)...as you rant and rave with irrational hatred towards ron artest i'm not sure which leg you are standing on but it's about to snap

First off, newbie, I think the scummiest player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant, and you can ask any of the other resident posters around here if that is true or not.

We had Ron for over two years, and while his on-court skills are considerable, he hindered the development of players such as Kevin Martin, who never got to see the ball enough on offense when Artest actually showed up for games. Martin is going to truly shine all year long without the offense getting stymied by Artest's insistence on having the game run through his hands. He is not that good of an all-round NBA style player to do that. For all of Bryants's annoyances, I do not see Artest in the same offensive league as Kobe, so he should never have done that. Theus can focus the game away from that now.

What do you have against Kobe Bryant?  WTF!!!  Did you know the fungus between his toes cures blind children?  THINK OF THE CHILDREN YOU SELFISH BASTARD!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

What do you have against Kobe Bryant?  WTF!!!  Did you know the fungus between his toes cures blind children?  THINK OF THE CHILDREN YOU SELFISH BASTARD!

That same fungus when applied to adults causes unabating flatulance and colon regurgitation. When performed in front of those previously sight-challenged children, they often scratch their eyes out. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »

That same fungus when applied to adults causes unabating flatulance and colon regurgitation. When performed in front of those previously sight-challenged children, they often scratch their eyes out. 

Nobody blames Einstien for Hiroshima!  Get a grip!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

Some do.

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2008, 06:24:35 PM »

What's that line from blazing saddles, 'salt of the earth....you know...'

jemagee

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:34 PM »
Yao Speaks

"For some reason, I like (Artest)," Yao said. "Because in the games we play against him, I hate him.

"When I text messaged with Luis (Scola), we talked about team chemistry. That's only what worries us.

"We worry about the new attitude to the team. We are adding talent to the team and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time.

"Also, he was the biggest part of a team in Sacramento. He was a star player. We need more chemistry and more communication.

"There's worry. Obviously, yes. We will think about it, of course. Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands.

"I haven't talked to Ron yet, so it's hard to say. I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history. But we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us. And Ron is on a contract year, too.

"I think Ron Artest is a good player if coach (Rick) Adelman can control the team well."

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »
Ron Artest - truly the devil - just ask kermit washington

When we opened the clinic four years ago, the National Basketball Players' Association came over with 50,000 dollars worth of medicine. So it really helped kick-start our clinic. And Ron was one of the guys, along with Maurice Evans, Theo Ratliff and Etan Thomas. Ron Artest was probably one of the most wonderful people we have brought over. All of them are wonderful, but Ron just went out of his way. Not only did he pay for a lab in our clinic, he paid for a doctor to go over this summer. He paid for two weeks, paid for food, paid for a place to stay. Ron Artest--wonderful guy. You see him in the context of basketball; he's a warrior when it comes to basketball. Now, I have to admit, his attention span is not that long and he's not interested in some things, so you have to understand and learn how to work with him. But he's a very, very giving person. All of us who worked with him--if he likes you and he respects you, you can't get a better friend than Ron Artest.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »
Yao Speaks

"I haven't talked to Ron yet, so it's hard to say. I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history. But we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us. And Ron is on a contract year, too.

Yao knows the secret.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:07 PM »
Now, I have to admit, his attention span is not that long and he's not interested in some things, so you have to understand and learn how to work with him.

Translation: Physco! Team chemistry KILLA!!!  I wonder how long will take to ask for a few months off to promote his rap album?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »
There's another guy whose attention span is questoined quite often.

Without him the pistons have no titles in the 2000s

Never said ron artest probably couldn't use medication, but he was good at basketball so no one really probably cared about getting him any help when it would have been useful, they just fed to the issue and rode his basketball skills...he's a product of his environment, and as long as NBA teams keep paying him and trading for him without requiring a change...then his issues will continue to be a problem, but as far as i'm concerned from my own personal experience with smiilar issues and observing artest from a far, they would be easily solved with the help of some pharmaceuticlas, most likely of the stimulant variety.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
There's another guy whose attention span is questoined quite often.

Without him the pistons have no titles in the 2000s

Never said ron artest probably couldn't use medication, but he was good at basketball so no one really probably cared about getting him any help when it would have been useful, they just fed to the issue and rode his basketball skills...he's a product of his environment, and as long as NBA teams keep paying him and trading for him without requiring a change...then his issues will continue to be a problem, but as far as i'm concerned from my own personal experience with smiilar issues and observing artest from a far, they would be easily solved with the help of some pharmaceuticlas, most likely of the stimulant variety.

If he wasn't such and idiot the Pistons would probably have a couple of more titles.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 08:22:23 PM »
If he wasn't such and idiot the Pistons would probably have a couple of more titles.

It was posited on another board, how many of those ECF losses were the pistons actually the better team, they lost to a great team in boston this year, they lost to the cavs (who they were probably better than) they lost to the heat (probably better than the pistons that season) and i don't recall if the season before was the season they won or not...just going off the top of my head.

If Wallace hadn't been traded to the pistons, they'd have zero titles in the 2000s and probably a lot less ECF appearances as well...

Maybe Flip just isn't an NBA title coach, he underachieved in minnesota as well, why isn't it his fault?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:33 PM »

It was posited on another board, how many of those ECF losses were the pistons actually the better team, they lost to a great team in boston this year, they lost to the cavs (who they were probably better than) they lost to the heat (probably better than the pistons that season) and i don't recall if the season before was the season they won or not...just going off the top of my head.

If Wallace hadn't been traded to the pistons, they'd have zero titles in the 2000s and probably a lot less ECF appearances as well...

Maybe Flip just isn't an NBA title coach, he underachieved in minnesota as well, why isn't it his fault?

The only team better than the Pistons since Wallace's arrival in the EC were the Celtics.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »