Author Topic: Ron Artest for who??!!  (Read 7411 times)

jemagee

Re: Ron Artest for who??!!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
Who are the CONVICTED rapist on an NBA roster?

Ruben Patterson is a convicted sex offender, i think he's finally out of the league, but it never seemed to bother the league much...

how often does ron artest get arrested for domestic abuse by the way?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
yes, that's your opinion...but I grossly disagree with it, and i also disagree with the opinions that the rockets are now a serious contender in the west...

How many arrests for domestic violence does ron artest have, and why does the nba caere THEY LET CONVICTED RAPISTS ON ROSTERS

Who are the CONVICTED rapist on an NBA roster?
Ruben Patterson was convicted of a modified rape charge, whatever that means.

Also going back to the early 1980's Quintin Dailey was convicted of sexual assault of some sort, went to jail and then played 528 games in the NBA.

as far as unconvicted rapists......
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
BTW

I consider rapists one of the lower forms of earth and think that they deserve the death penalty.

Crimes against children might be the only thing i feel are worse, and they also deserve the death penalty, if you are convicted of child abuse, ONCE, you should be sterilized and have your children taken away and your parental rights revoked, all those cute little protected priests should be slowly flayed alive...or as they said on the west wing....put in a cage so they can just be punched in the face every day every minute for the rest of their unworthy lives.

Anyway, the more talented you are the more your 'extra curricular activities' won't matter so much to those willing to employ you for ungodly sums of money to play a game

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 02:21:37 PM »
Utah Jazz guard DeShawn Stevenson may have gotten away easy in a California court on Monday.
He received no such liberties from the NBA on Friday.

Stevenson, 20, was suspended three games without pay for his plea of no contest to a sexual offense charge.

He will miss road games Friday against Toronto, Sunday at New York and Monday at Cleveland.

As a rule, the

I don't believe the NBA is going to suspend ron artest unless he's convicted of this supposed spousal abuse he keeps getting arrested for, and i doubt he'd get more than 2-3 games.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
yes, that's your opinion...but I grossly disagree with it, and i also disagree with the opinions that the rockets are now a serious contender in the west...

The NBA cares if ron artest is arrested (not convicted mind you, but arrested) for domestic violence?  It happens so often?  I mean this is the league that doesn't mind convcited sex offenders on rosters right?

I don't care what the NBA thinks about it, I was just talking about how these things affect the team on which Ron plays. He misses games because of this type of off-court crap. Last season, he was in 57 games, the year before he made it into 70, the year before that 56, and the year before that - yeah, that would be seven. Can you detect the pattern? I bet you can.

Some of the missed games were due to injury. Understandable....to YOUR mind, right?

Um....no, not to mine. Telling his coach he won't be playing because his leg doesn't feel right twenty minutes before tipoff, not once, not twice but about a dozen times - be my guest trying to coach a guy like that.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »
Yes, you're right, ron artest has never been injured, he's a big faker.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
"I'm still not the type of guy to do all the right things. That's not my culture. I was raised different, but that doesn't mean I'm not a good person. I might do different things. I might say I don't want to be a King or that my teammates aren't playing hard, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I might have had the [incident] in Detroit, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be traded." - Ron Artest
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Um....no, not to mine. Telling his coach he won't be playing because his leg doesn't feel right twenty minutes before tipoff, not once, not twice but about a dozen times - be my guest trying to coach a guy like that.

A dozen huh...ron artest has just sat out a dozen games cause he didn't feel like playing whereas no NBA player has ever had issues before him.

Ron Artest is bat guano crazy in my opinion, but he's also a target and the media loves to play it up...

Of course maybe it's because there was this 6' nothing guy on the sixers who carried a rag tag bunch of bench players to the nba finals who was also a 'discipline' problem that i look at it differently...or maybe ron artest just beat you up for your lunch money one day so you have irrational unbalanced hatred for him.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »
Of course maybe it's because there was this 6' nothing guy on the sixers who carried a rag tag bunch of bench players to the nba finals who was also a 'discipline' problem that i look at it differently...or maybe ron artest just beat you up for your lunch money one day so you have irrational unbalanced hatred for him.

Speaking of ciminals playing in the NBA.....gun toting wanabe gangsta scumbag......yup they must be thinking of that guy......

Allen Cryverson took one of the MOST decorated teams in NBA history to the Finals only to be beeyotch slapped down like the 2nd tier franchise they are by the most dominant team in all NBA playoff history.  Dang that pretendor team got OWNED big time....all that hardware and no heart....  It was beutiful to watch.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »
Yes, if it's one thing allen iverson lacks, it's heart.

That time in prison mainly because he was the only recognizable face on a grainy video during a race riot where hundreds or none should have been imprisoned, being one of the best players under 6 foot in the history of the game.

he's definitely got no heart.

Tell me again when iverson got conviced of a crime related to the incident blown out of proportion by a vindictive media (one of the most powerful sports media scumbags in philadephia hated him so much wouldn't refer to him by name, but then again that dude looks like burger king and got a woman killed, so there's that)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »
Yes, you're right, ron artest has never been injured, he's a big faker.

Most NBA players have the courtesy of telling their coaches a bit sooner then twenty minutes before tipoff that they can't play that night. Makes for an easier job on the coaches part, maybe, to plan ahead for those games. If you disagree about that, then you are probably one of those Darwinist who are fumbling for their seat belts just after their car skids off the roadway.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
Look, it's clear, you hate ron artest and think he's the scummiest player in the nba who does things that no other nba player would even think of doing...I think you're wrong...as for your comments regarding the darwin awards (which i think you were trying to reference)...as you rant and rave with irrational hatred towards ron artest i'm not sure which leg you are standing on but it's about to snap

But it is entertaining, thanks for the laughs

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

That time in prison mainly because he was the only recognizable face on a grainy video during a race riot where hundreds or none should have been imprisoned, being one of the best players under 6 foot in the history of the game.

Tell me again when iverson got conviced of a crime related to the incident blown out of proportion by a vindictive media (one of the most powerful sports media scumbags in philadephia hated him so much wouldn't refer to him by name, but then again that dude looks like burger king and got a woman killed, so there's that)

Yeah, you know how his lawyer got Iverson off?

PRACTICE, that's how. PRACTICE. While all the other lawyers were out golfing, Iverson's lawyer was at his PRACTICE.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »

You know the "Studio Gangsta" thing?  Cryverson has "TV Heart".  Takes heart to be great in the NBA, not just heart on the court but heart off the court.  In practice, durring the offseason and in the training room.  AI has 1/4 heart I guess since he "shows" heart on the court.  Can't believe the guy thinks practice doesn't affect the outcome of a tight playoffs series.  We talking bout practice!

Still, it was not only AI that got PWN3D, it was the entire Sixers squad.  Maybe all those awards weighed too heavily around their necks for them to take the series longer than 5 games?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
Yeah, you know how his lawyer got Iverson off?

PRACTICE, that's how. PRACTICE. While all the other lawyers were out golfing, Iverson's lawyer was at his PRACTICE.

;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"