Author Topic: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift  (Read 45759 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »
I came here to get away from such "bs".  ;)

BS is worried we will lose Iggy, this reassures me that we have no worries.

jemagee

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
I came here to get away from such "bs".  ;)

BS is worried we will lose Iggy, this reassures me that we have no worries.

What does Eskin say?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:30 PM »
What does Eskin say?

Altogether too much- none of it worthy of passing on.

jemagee

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »
What does Eskin say?

Altogether too much- none of it worthy of passing on.

Oh, I'm sure of that, but history indicates that an eskin certainty is a certain kind of certainty, that the opposite will happen, if he guaranttes that iguodala is leaving, i am comfrotable believing he's not going anywhere (and vice versa0)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »
I had thought RealGM had improved, with the infusion of a bunch of good new posters, but I think I may have to retreat back here for a bit.

It's almost like Sendem redux over there.  i was trying to participate, but now there's the same argument on about 8 different threads...

jemagee

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »
What's it about?:)

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
once he signs it will be fine.

the problem is some of the "spawns of sendem" are really freaking stupid. sendem was an ass and did stuff you could ban him for. other people are just dumb and you have to let them post.

(I'm not at all saying anyone who wants to get rid of Iguodala is stupid, in fact there are people on the other side of it that are just as bad, just specific people that if you read that board I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2008, 12:34:33 PM »
I don't mind the discussion- and I'm probably as much to blame by letting myself be sucked into the same argument.

Jem its basically variations of Iguodala is greedy so trade him... Iguodala is mediocre, he's a choker, he's a bad fit...

Honestly, some of that is valid- especially the concerns about fit.  The problem is that every thread gets hijacked into the same argument.

I guess there isn't all that much else to discuss.

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
no i don't mind the discussion at all and those who have the opposing viewpoint as me that actually have some sort of coherency to their argument I talk with.

this is just kind of what happens in the offseason. there's no new games so people have a constant viewpoint for 3 months about something. during the year iguodala would go out and score 20 points in the 4th against the celtics and people wouldn't be so open to talk about it. can't happen now.

jemagee

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »
I'd be curios to see what the iguodala haters believe he's worth when you look at deals handed out to 'lesser accomplished' players like ellis and deng this off season.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »
Its pretty much the same "discussion" at philaphan, just with more personal insults.

I agree, its the most relevant remaining question of the off-season- but I have only some much patience with some people's relentless style and hijacking every thread back into the same points.

--
I think Young is going to struggle some this season in his transition to the wing.  I have little doubt he'll be great in the end, but do you see people turning on him (the current gold boy) if he costs the team some losses with TO's?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 12:55:20 PM by tk76- »

jemagee

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »
Its pretty much the same "discussion" at philaphan, just with more personal insults

Well I haven't bneen reading philaphans for a while now either...but MORE insults?  Jeez...surprised those discussions aren't getting locked left and right.

Hmm....Ryan Hooward was a greedy bastard, now andre iguodala is a greedy bastard, are brian westbrook and the other dude holding out greedy bastards on eagles boards/

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
I'd be curios to see what the iguodala haters believe he's worth when you look at deals handed out to 'lesser accomplished' players like ellis and deng this off season.

Ellis and Deng are gods to some of those posters.  Honestly I think a lot of it is simply that someone else's player that they rarely see always seems prettier than the player whose flaws you see every night while his strengths are things you come to expect.  I also got some pretty good insight into the general anti-Iggy sentiment when I read one poster, and not a troll or idiot, say how everyone was disappointed that Iggy never boosted his scoring average into the mid-20's post-Iverson.  For me this is a perception issue.  After watching Iggy his first two years I never thought he would even come close toaveraging 20 ppg, much less 25 ppg, I expected him to top out at about 16-17 ppg with a s trong floor game and strong defensive game.  From early in his career it was pretty obvious to me that he was not a natural scorer.  I would be very happy with about 18 ppg from him this year, with a little more emphasis on his D, improved outside shooting % and continuing his passing and board work.  If people were expecting his to be a mid-20's scorer I can certainly understand why they feel he's less of a player than he is.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
And then some (or actually one) doesn't like him because he's not as good in an NBA video game...

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2008, 01:32:29 PM »
I think Young is going to struggle some this season in his transition to the wing.  I have little doubt he'll be great in the end, but do you see people turning on him (the current gold boy) if he costs the team some losses with TO's?

No because he's still so young.

People were fine with Iguodala when he was on his rookie deal. It wasn't until he wanted a lot of money that people soured on him.