Author Topic: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift  (Read 46231 times)

jemagee

Re: Board Guidelines/conduct
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
Hey dabods, does SMF have an ignor function?

Offline wow444

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - sportsrockfun
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
RealGM has taken a real turn down since the draft....:)  I didn't realize this was going on beyond the draft.  Kudos db.  Oh, and I am 46.  I think Send'em is a contemporary of mine since he mentions having seen the '83 Sixers in person.  Sad but true.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
Given the current climate of Realgm right now, there are a few posters that were left for dead back there who seem to be working diligently to discuss Sixers basketball in a civilized manner.... the problem is that they are now misfits in that regard.  Without private message capabilities, is there any way to privately get JUST A FEW long time veteran posters to join the crew over here?  I was thinking of including the following: 

PhillyBoy
The Sixer Fixer
Sixers 610
Sixerscan (if he's still alive)

If anyone is against spreading the love, then its all good.  Personally, I've never had any problems with those listed above. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »
I don't have a problem with any of those posters. Seriously though... I'm wondering what that Sixer Board will be like come 3 weeks from now? Will all of the the random posters go away or are they there for good? Either way, at least we have this sanctuary away from the madness.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
I wouldn't want phillyboy here.  I've found him very confrontational in the past, and since his return he's been much the same. 

Sixers Fixer and scan definitely (he's still on vacation, btw).  sixers610 I've "known" literally for a decade from the old espn message boards.  I don't agree with him quite often, but he's definitely welcome.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
Noted.  PhillyBoy is a casualty in that mess... Godspeed. 

For the rest of them, any idea how to get the word over without blowing up the spot? 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2008, 01:05:08 PM »
I certainly would want SF1976, although it probably would bring too much attention over here.

I would like to see Knux here.  He is sometimes drawn in to arguements, but his game recaps an general sense of humor add a lot to RealGm.

I actually like the mix of posters we already have here, and would be fine with it not growing all that much more.  Overall, I don't think we need to try and get every good RealGm and Philaphan and Philly.com poster here- we just need to keep this an active, non-confrontational place, even if it never suplants a busier board like RealGm. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
Noted.  PhillyBoy is a casualty in that mess... Godspeed. 

For the rest of them, any idea how to get the word over without blowing up the spot? 

Is this where dabods can wield that almighty power and send a PM? I think it might be... :-)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »

I actually like the mix of posters we already have here, and would be fine with it not growing all that much more.  Overall, I don't think we need to try and get every good RealGm and Philaphan and Philly.com poster here- we just need to keep this an active, non-confrontational place, even if it never suplants a busier board like RealGm. 

Agreed.  That's why I recommended JUST A FEW high volume posters to join the crew and keep the active pace alive and contribute some insight.  After the new inductions, the books are closed and there will be no more made men. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
I really do believe Sixer Fixer needs to be thrown a lifejacket and saved from drowning on realgm. Aside from a PM, is there a way to do it without attracting the unwanted?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
I just sent Fire Bk and Sixer Fixer PM's.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
The Sixers side of PhilaPhans has gone the opposite way, it is now a ghost town with most of the better posters moving over here.  The only posts there yesterday were goofy threads started on the Phillies Board that were dumped into a Calvin Booth thread on the Sixers side.  Perhaps a none to subtle comment on the uselessness of those threads.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 03:51:19 PM »
Was it ever decided if we could find a way to invite SF76?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »
Was it ever decided if we could find a way to invite SF76?

Like I said before, if theis was where SF1976 posted we would be over run. 

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
Given the current climate of Realgm right now, there are a few posters that were left for dead back there who seem to be working diligently to discuss Sixers basketball in a civilized manner.... the problem is that they are now misfits in that regard.  Without private message capabilities, is there any way to privately get JUST A FEW long time veteran posters to join the crew over here?  I was thinking of including the following: 

PhillyBoy
The Sixer Fixer
Sixers 610
Sixerscan (if he's still alive)

If anyone is against spreading the love, then its all good.  Personally, I've never had any problems with those listed above. 

I really do believe Sixer Fixer needs to be thrown a lifejacket and saved from drowning on realgm. Aside from a PM, is there a way to do it without attracting the unwanted?

I just sent Fire Bk and Sixer Fixer PM's.

Thanks for the invite guys.  So is this the preferred message board for people now?