Author Topic: Artest to the Suns?  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Artest to the Suns?
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »
Doesn't the fact that this guy is in the Developmental League and not on an NBA roster kind of negate any trade bait aspirations involving him? Even if it means trading his rights, that is of little interest for any team trying to obtain someone like Ron Artest, because the Kings are getting much, much better offers for him then this guy combined with a Splitter or Manhimni.  
Is that so?

NBA Development League Announces 2007-08 GATORADE All-League Selections
NEW YORK, April 6, 2008 ? Sioux Falls Skyforce forward Kasib Powell, the 2008 NBA Development League?s Most Valuable Player and 2007 MVP Randy Livingston an Idaho Stampede guard, headline the 2007-08 GATORADE All-NBA Development League First Team. The squad is rounded out by Colorado guard Eddie Gill, Los Angeles forward Sean Banks and Austin?s Ian Mahinmi, an assigned center from the San Antonio Spurs.

Two members of the Dakota Wizards ? guard Blake Ahearn, currently with the Miami Heat and center Rod Benson - earned spots on the GATORADE All-NBA Development League Second Team. The duo from Dakota is joined by Austin guard Andre Barrett, Colorado forward Kaniel Dickens and Idaho forward Lance Allred, currently with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The All-NBA Development League team results:
* - player currently in NBA

2007-08 ALL-NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE FIRST TEAM

Position Player Team
Guard Randy Livingston Idaho Stampede
Guard Eddie Gill Colorado 14ers
Forward Kasib Powell Sioux Falls Skyforce
Forward Sean Banks Los Angeles D-Fenders
Center Ian Mahinmi Austin Toros/Spurs

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
Doesn't the fact that this guy is in the Developmental League and not on an NBA roster kind of negate any trade bait aspirations involving him? Even if it means trading his rights, that is of little interest for any team trying to obtain someone like Ron Artest, because the Kings are getting much, much better offers for him then this guy combined with a Splitter or Manhimni.  
Is that so?

NBA Development League Announces 2007-08 GATORADE All-League Selections
NEW YORK, April 6, 2008 ? Sioux Falls Skyforce forward Kasib Powell, the 2008 NBA Development League?s Most Valuable Player and 2007 MVP Randy Livingston an Idaho Stampede guard, headline the 2007-08 GATORADE All-NBA Development League First Team. The squad is rounded out by Colorado guard Eddie Gill, Los Angeles forward Sean Banks and Austin?s Ian Mahinmi, an assigned center from the San Antonio Spurs.

Two members of the Dakota Wizards ? guard Blake Ahearn, currently with the Miami Heat and center Rod Benson - earned spots on the GATORADE All-NBA Development League Second Team. The duo from Dakota is joined by Austin guard Andre Barrett, Colorado forward Kaniel Dickens and Idaho forward Lance Allred, currently with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The All-NBA Development League team results:
* - player currently in NBA

2007-08 ALL-NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE FIRST TEAM

Position Player Team
Guard Randy Livingston Idaho Stampede
Guard Eddie Gill Colorado 14ers
Forward Kasib Powell Sioux Falls Skyforce
Forward Sean Banks Los Angeles D-Fenders
Center Ian Mahinmi Austin Toros/Spurs

Haven't you heard? Artest is no longer on the trading block.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »
I'm just hearing a big fat "zero" on the return they got for Ron Ron.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:38 PM »
I'm just hearing a big fat "zero" on the return they got for Ron Ron.

Since when was Ron Artest the type of player to lead a team to the promise land?  Sounds to me like you are saying since they didn't get deep into the playoffs they got nothing from Ron Artest...
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
I'm anticipating a big fat zero is what they will get when Ron Ron walks.
Could have had Manhinmi-Splitter.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »

Can't the Kings just pick him up from the D-League next year?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »

Can't the Kings just pick him up from the D-League next year?

No.  He is under contract to the Spurs and assigned to the NBDL.  Jazz have doen the same thing with their draft pick last year Ferensko (sp?).
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
I'm surprised the Jazz' other first round pick, Morris Almond, wasn't named to either of those teams. He led the NBDL in scoring this year with something like 26.5 per game.

Kyrilo Fesenko is the Jazz' other pick. He's a big 7-footer with good energy and decent hands. He looks serviceable at least.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »

Artest has told Petrie and the Maloofs that he is unlikely to opt out of his contract this summer, so his trade availability will not be altered. He also can still be part of a sign and trade if he does chose to opt out. The team would welcome him back, as he still is the best all around player they have.

Though, as always, some controversy has come up in the last few days as Ron has not played in every game, due to a thumb injury, and people around town have questioned his committment. So he went on the local sports radio station yesterday to clear up his reasoning behind his odd playing schedule (or not playing) decisions. He did not play in Denver (Kings won), then played horribly the next night at home against the Lakers (Kings lost), then chose not to play against the Warriors in Oakland (Kings lost). He says that his surgically repaired left thumb has <ahem> a screw lose, so he needs to tape it tightly so it does not get worse, if he plays that is.

But on a much more serious note, his four year old daughter has cancer. We have just found out it has recurred in her kidney area after surgery earlier in this NBA season. He missed several games because of it. This could be very distracting to anyone......as I should know. Cancer has come to the JoMal household. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in January and we have been dealing with it since.   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
Artest has told Petrie and the Maloofs that he is unlikely to opt out of his contract this summer, so his trade availability will not be altered. He also can still be part of a sign and trade if he does chose to opt out. The team would welcome him back, as he still is the best all around player they have.
Agentspeak for "I'm driving up the price for would-be suitors, feigning an incredible attatchment I have for staying with the Kings."?  Now maybe that is not the case, I'm just sayin.  NBA and for that matter all pro players do not have a good track record with this "want to stay where I'm at vs make megabucks elsewhere" decision.

But on a much more serious note, his four year old daughter has cancer. We have just found out it has recurred in her kidney area after surgery earlier in this NBA season. He missed several games because of it. This could be very distracting to anyone......as I should know. Cancer has come to the JoMal household. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in January and we have been dealing with it since. 
  Wow sorry to hear that.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »
Agentspeak for "I'm driving up the price for would-be suitors, feigning an incredible attatchment I have for staying with the Kings."?  Now maybe that is not the case, I'm just sayin.  NBA and for that matter all pro players do not have a good track record with this "want to stay where I'm at vs make megabucks elsewhere" decision.

Oddly enough, it was Ron's agent who first told the media and the team that Ron would be interested in staying with the Kings and would not be opting out of his contract. He did that back in February right after the trading deadline. Ron confirmed it in March. No information, however, if the team would still be interested in trading him or keeping him.

Wow sorry to hear that.

Thanks. It is hard at times to deal with.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »
Sorry you both have to go through this JoMal. Wish there were something we could do for you other than pray. Your wife, obviously, must be a saint . . . being married to you.  ;)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
Very sorry to hear that, JoMal.  You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about that JoMal, hope and pray she gets healthy soon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
Very sorry to hear that JoMal, I can't imagine how difficult that must be, my thoughts are with you, keep us updated.
Dan