Author Topic: Artest to the Suns?  (Read 13274 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Artest to the Suns?
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
If he doesn't join the Spurs by tonight I'll give up full ownage.

Please send the monthly royalty checks to:

Lurker Rulz
1 Who's Your Daddy Lane
Spurs Fandom, USA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Please send the monthly royalty checks to:

Lurker Rulz
1 Who's Your Daddy Lane
Spurs Fandom, USA

Don't forget to send me my 15% cut our lawyers worked out.

Send the quartly checks to:

WOW Insultant Group Inc.
Attn: Bandwagon Dept.
2008 Ownage Blvd.
Dynasty City, CA

For all you "greed" critics, please note that 3% of all WOW proceeds are being donated to the "American Box Score Clueless Society" non-profit charity for the metally hadicapped and obsessed.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2008, 11:58:52 AM »
^^ why do you keep brownosing Lurker and attempting to bandwagon on as if you are part of Lurkers ownage?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2008, 12:40:55 PM »
^^ why do you keep brownosing Lurker and attempting to bandwagon on as if you are part of Lurkers ownage?

Because Lurker's "Richardson" OWNAGE is in conflict with my "Findawg" OWNAGE.  Since you ran away and hid from the thread instead of admitting you were owned, I was only able to negotiate 15% from Lurker.

I presented the evidence to Lurkers lawyers, while they agreed to my claim of OWNAGE, they did not budge from the 15% royalty.  Lurker did offer, and I accepted, a Hefenwieser draft with a combo plate of enchiladas as compensation for the lost royalties.

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=4229.0
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2008, 12:41:56 PM »
ah, you didn't own squat on the Findawg thread.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »

The thread says otherwise.  The fact that you ran away from the thread speaks volumes!  OWNAGE!

FYI: 0.4 is 4 tenTHS of a second and 4.0 is 4 seconds.
0.4 (aka 4 tenths) of a second is the time it took Fishers to crush the Spurs playoff run.
4 seconds is the time the Spurs had for Findawg to launch a 3 against the Knicks in the regular season.

Think before you post something like this:
With 0.4 on the clock, Finley takes an assist from SuperManu GNob and hits the trey to send it into OT.  99-93 Spurs final.

Then follow it up with something like this:
The Finley play started with 4 seconds on the clock, not .4 and the Knick was not within 10 feet of Finley. 

Maybe you meant 0:4?  Do you even know the difference between 0:4 and 0.4?  Before you call someone a moron, check your own post first, otherwise OWNAGE will be the result.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »

The thread says otherwise.  The fact that you ran away from the thread speaks volumes!  OWNAGE!

FYI: 0.4 is 4 tenTHS of a second and 4.0 is 4 seconds.
0.4 (aka 4 tenths) of a second is the time it took Fishers to crush the Spurs playoff run.
4 seconds is the time the Spurs had for Findawg to launch a 3 against the Knicks in the regular season.

Think before you post something like this:
With 0.4 on the clock, Finley takes an assist from SuperManu GNob and hits the trey to send it into OT.  99-93 Spurs final.

Then follow it up with something like this:
The Finley play started with 4 seconds on the clock, not .4 and the Knick was not within 10 feet of Finley. 

Maybe you meant 0:4?  Do you even know the difference between 0:4 and 0.4?  Before you call someone a moron, check your own post first, otherwise OWNAGE will be the result.

Beer or no beer...we are NOT renegotiating the royalty split.    :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »
Your "self proclaimed" ownage is nil.

The play did start as in ball being inbounded to Gnob with 4 seconds on the clock (actually 7).
Finley did take an assist from SuperManu GNob with 0.4 and hits the trey to send it into OT.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
Your "self proclaimed" ownage is nil.

The play did start as in ball being inbounded to Gnob with 4 seconds on the clock (actually 7).
Finley did take an assist from SuperManu GNob with 0.4 and hits the trey to send it into OT.

Ohhhh....OK.  So you are saying your PICTURE is wrong?  OWNAGE on a picture will hold up in tax court just as well, so no problem.  8)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »
JoMal,

Rudy "Happy" is the preferred nomenclature, please.   :P

Thertainly, Thkandery.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
Jomal,
A little bit more info on prospect Tiago Splitter, Tau Ceramica
Week 9 MVP of the Euro League. ;)
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/21297/180/item

It's been said Splitter and Manhinmi are another reason why the Spurs let Louwie Scola go to the Rockets.

and here is what his teamate Gabe Muoneke says about Splitter:
"I just can?t get over Tiago Splitter man! The kid is just very efficient. When you see him move, you think you can take him? And you just can?t. He is so damn confident and nothing deters him. And he does it all with the same face. No smiles, anger or elation? Just stone face. You just have no idea what he?s feeling. That, my friends, is a rare talent."

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:21:42 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2008, 06:01:51 PM »
Thanks, guys, for taking up half of this thread about Ron Artest to discuss whether or not Jeremy Richardson, whom I had never heard of before, was signed, was going to sign, or had his ten day contract re-upped, by the Spurs.

Maybe next we can hijack a thread about the Lakers dealing with the Shaq trade to discuss how Andre Brown doesn't tie his sneakers according to team policy.
Jomal,
Ahem, Jeremy Richardson is the MVP of todays All Star game of NBA-Developmental League.  Scoring 22 pts on 9-15 shooting.  Highlights:
http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/
He is also not signed by the Spurs as Lurker owned me on last week. :-[

Ian Manhinmi Spur however, also played in the game.  5 pts and 9 boards in 22 minutes and by all accounts looking smoother and his development seems on schedule for 2008-9 season if not this years playoffs as a benchee.  He is signed by the Spurs and remains part of a potental trade package for Ron Artest.  Barrdog, Elson, Euro Splitter and Frenchy Ian Manhinmi.  Would you like another beer to think about that? 

I'm envisioning Artest walking away from the Kings for in return nothing......

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »
Doesn't the fact that this guy is in the Developmental League and not on an NBA roster kind of negate any trade bait aspirations involving him? Even if it means trading his rights, that is of little interest for any team trying to obtain someone like Ron Artest, because the Kings are getting much, much better offers for him then this guy combined with a Splitter or Manhimni.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Jomal,
To put it into somewhat perspective, last years MVP was Pops Mensah-Bonsu origianlly from Congo.
If that is not ringing a bell, his career NBA stats are:
12 Games with the Mavs in '06-'07.
2pts and about 2rbs per game.
Currently playing in Italy.
How many more of your favorite beers would you like?
At what temperature exactly?

However, to be fair the NBDL All Star game MVP has only been named starting with Pops in 2007.
I was going to rustle up past All League teams (named since 2000) to see how that translated into NBA.

because the Kings are getting much, much better offers for him then this guy combined with a Splitter or Manhimni.
  I dunno.  All that's been posted and printed is that Denver would NOT give up that good 2nd year foreign guy.  Of course we know that just because it has or has not been made public by the media often means nothing (barf Gasol-Kwame).  But the Kings are not the darling global media marketing corp so.....have they really been given a better offer the Barry Elson Eurobig(s)?  All the GMs that said how scary Artest is could just be blowing bargaining smoke, as i think the Kings and 'Testy are now with his just made public "I love the Kings" this week spinner.  Well, we only have to wait a little bit longer till the trade dealine.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:49:23 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »
What I am expecting is this. If Petrie gets exactly what he wants, Artest will be gone; if not, he will keep him as a King. So far, only the Nuggets have been talking quality in return and that is it.