Author Topic: Artest to the Suns?  (Read 13276 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Artest to the Suns?
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »
That's tough JoMal.  Best wishes for the both of you and lots of prayers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »
Thank you, guys.

I have been with her all afternoon, as she had her first chemo treatment and wanted me there. It actually went well. Good nurses and a nice, sunny room with a view of Sutter's Fort. No "side affects" as yet, and we are not looking forward to her losing her hair, which is dark and curly and will be missed.

Her biggest fear is the needle. She has a huge phobia over things getting stuck in her veins. She starts to shake, cry, sob - the chemo and surgeries were harder on me then her. But that needle!!

Anyway, she is not letting it interfere with life yet, which is nice, as we have to go to New Orleans all next week because of my job and because it happens to be in the Crescent City, she naturally wants to come along. So you won't be hearing from me for about a week after Saturday.

And yes, Ted, she would qualify in my book as a saint. She takes good care of me, though I do have that one flaw (which is what I tell her for just about everything that is wrong with me and she criticises me on. My "one flaw" covers about 100 real ones).

Unfortunately, this type of thing is not a great part of the aging equation. Something will eventually catch up with you. Just thought it would happen to me first.     
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2008, 11:18:17 PM »
I'm anticipating a big fat zero is what they will get when Ron Ron walks.
Could have had Manhinmi-Splitter.

Artest has told Petrie and the Maloofs that he is unlikely to opt out of his contract this summer, so his trade availability will not be altered. He also can still be part of a sign and trade if he does chose to opt out. The team would welcome him back, as he still is the best all around player they have.

Though, as always, some controversy has come up in the last few days as Ron has not played in every game, due to a thumb injury, and people around town have questioned his committment. So he went on the local sports radio station yesterday to clear up his reasoning behind his odd playing schedule (or not playing) decisions. He did not play in Denver (Kings won), then played horribly the next night at home against the Lakers (Kings lost), then chose not to play against the Warriors in Oakland (Kings lost). He says that his surgically repaired left thumb has <ahem> a screw lose, so he needs to tape it tightly so it does not get worse, if he plays that is.

But on a much more serious note, his four year old daughter has cancer. We have just found out it has recurred in her kidney area after surgery earlier in this NBA season. He missed several games because of it. This could be very distracting to anyone......as I should know. Cancer has come to the JoMal household. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in January and we have been dealing with it since.   

Very sorry to hear that JoMal.  I understand some of what you are going through as cancer moved to my parents house a few years ago as well.  The only thing I can do is say that you and your family will be in my prayers.   

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2008, 02:41:52 AM »
I'm anticipating a big fat zero is what they will get when Ron Ron walks.
Could have had Manhinmi-Splitter.

Artest has told Petrie and the Maloofs that he is unlikely to opt out of his contract this summer, so his trade availability will not be altered. He also can still be part of a sign and trade if he does chose to opt out. The team would welcome him back, as he still is the best all around player they have.

Though, as always, some controversy has come up in the last few days as Ron has not played in every game, due to a thumb injury, and people around town have questioned his committment. So he went on the local sports radio station yesterday to clear up his reasoning behind his odd playing schedule (or not playing) decisions. He did not play in Denver (Kings won), then played horribly the next night at home against the Lakers (Kings lost), then chose not to play against the Warriors in Oakland (Kings lost). He says that his surgically repaired left thumb has <ahem> a screw lose, so he needs to tape it tightly so it does not get worse, if he plays that is.

But on a much more serious note, his four year old daughter has cancer. We have just found out it has recurred in her kidney area after surgery earlier in this NBA season. He missed several games because of it. This could be very distracting to anyone......as I should know. Cancer has come to the JoMal household. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer back in January and we have been dealing with it since.   

Very sorry to hear that JoMal.  I understand some of what you are going through as cancer moved to my parents house a few years ago as well.  The only thing I can do is say that you and your family will be in my prayers.   

Thank you westkoast. Sorry to hear that it also has hit your own family. My dad had it too.

It is late and I just put her to bed. She is just a bit whoosy from the chemo, but otherwise she seems fine for now.

I just wanted all of you to know how much I appreciate your thoughts and prayers at this time. It means a lot. However, I do not want this to distract from the business of this forum, which is basketball and occasional side detours. While I will let you know how her prognosis goes, I have no intention on letting this post season go without some input either.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
...I have no intention on letting this post season go without some input either.

Hate to be the one to tell you this JoMal but the Kings will not be in the post season.  8)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »
...I have no intention on letting this post season go without some input either.

Hate to be the one to tell you this JoMal but the Kings will not be in the post season.  8)

where have you been? See my other thread.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
Hey JoMal, I hope your wife gets well soon.  I also hope they caught it early enough.  My mother got breast cancer back in 96 and although it wasn't found as early as it could be, I'm happy to say she made a full recovery.  You'll both be in my prayers.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »
Hey JoMal, I hope your wife gets well soon.  I also hope they caught it early enough.  My mother got breast cancer back in 96 and although it wasn't found as early as it could be, I'm happy to say she made a full recovery.  You'll both be in my prayers.

Thank you, Skandery.

It was a stage two, but they found two smaller tumors next to the 1.5 cm one originally diagnosed, plus a small tumor in one lymph gland. Because of that, she must endure the full chemo, then radiation, and the hormone treatment. I am very glad to hear your mother is in recovery still. That is always good to hear.

Today, I sit here at work, trying not to think of her being miserable at home. Gets you down.....