Author Topic: Artest to the Suns?  (Read 13333 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Artest to the Suns?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »
LOL!  Reality just banish yourself from this thread.  This is getting painful.

All my Jewish friends agree Pharoh and the Exodus Jews have nothing on Lurker and Reality, this is historical ownage!  Even African Americans feel a little guilty complaining about their 200 year cake walk after reading this thread.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 12:42:04 PM »
Lurker
Link to Fort Wayne homepage: http://www.nba.com/dleague/fortwayne/index_main.html where this can be found: that Mad Ants forward Jeremy Richardson was named to the all star contest.
I'm glad you were able to comprehend Richardson is on the NBADL All Star team.  Do you need any more confirmation?
Being on the All Star team does not preclude one from signing.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:45:26 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
Does Richardson have to play with the Spurs by tonight for me to avoid being owned?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:54:05 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »
Lurker
Link to Fort Wayne homepage: http://www.nba.com/dleague/fortwayne/index_main.html where this can be found: that Mad Ants forward Jeremy Richardson was named to the all star contest.
I'm glad you were able to comprehend Richardson is on the NBADL All Star team.  Do you need any more confirmation?

In order to make the all star team you actually can't be signed by a Pro team as I believe the rule is you can only send one of your signed players down to the NBDL 3 times per season (someone correct me if I am wrong here)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
Lurker

Hello McFly!  Anyone home.  Hello!

If he signs with a NBA team he can no longer play in the NBDL All-Star game.  He can no longer be listed on the roster.  The team wouldn't put news about him on their homepage.  And he would be listed on the NBA team's roster.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

If he signs with a NBA team he can no longer play in the NBDL All-Star game.  He can no longer be listed on the roster.  The team wouldn't put news about him on their homepage.  And he would be listed on the NBA team's roster.
Is Ian Manhinmi on the All Star team?  Yes.
Is Ian Manhinmi signed by the Spurs for this season?  Yes.
McFlyswatter.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »
Lurker

In order to make the all star team you actually can't be signed by a Pro team as I believe the rule is you can only send one of your signed players down to the NBDL 3 times per season (someone correct me if I am wrong here)

There are 2 rules.  If a player is carried on the NBA roster he can be assigned (and recalled) to the affiliated NBDL team up to 3 times.  The Spurs have done this with Mahinmi...if you look at the Spurs official NBA site he is listed on their roster.  He also counts as one of the 15 players that the Spurs can have under contract.  If they call him up again he has to stay on teh NBA roster for the rest of the season.

Players in the NBDL that are not assigned there by a team holding their rights can be signed by any NBA team.    These players can be signed to 10 day contracts or pro-rated contracts for the remainder of the season.  The Spurs have done the 10 day contract 2-3 times this year.  

However a NBA team can sign a player to only 2 10 day contracts.  After that they have to sign him for the remainder of the year.  And this is why the Spurs WILL NOT SIGN Richardson again.  It would have to be for the remainder of the season.  And the Spurs are right at the cap, if not slightly over, after signing Damon.  I don't think they will venture deeper into luxury cap tax for a swingman that couldn't stick with the team after 20 days.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »

Is Ian Manhinmi on the All Star team?  Yes.
Is Ian Manhinmi signed by the Spurs for this season?  Yes.
McFlyswatter.

Sorry about that Reality.  I shouldn't have insulted McFly like that...he is obviously light years ahead of you in understanding.

I answered this in my reply to koast.  But I can repeat for you because I know I will end up typing this about 14 billion, gazillion times before you start to comprehend.

A NBA team can assign someone on their roster to an affiliated NBDL team.  The Spurs are affiliated with the Austin team.  The player can be assigned (and recalled) 3 times during the season.  That player is counted as one of the 15 roster spots on the NBA team and his salary counts towards the cap. 

This is different than a player who is in the NBDL as opposed to Europe.  Those players are not associated with any NBA team and are available to be called up by any team.  In fact your pet Richardson was first called up by the Memphis Grizzlies.  After that the Spurs signed him to 2 sequential 10 day contracts.  There are also rules regading how many 10 day contract a player can sign with the same team.  After two the NBA team has to sign the player for the remainder of the season.  And after a certain date (mid January I think) teams can no longer offer 10 day contracts.  That is why players who are trying to buy out of contracts so that they can sign with other teams.  Because there is another deadline for signing players and having them eligible for the post season.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 01:24:01 PM »
Does Richardson have to play with the Spurs by tonight for me to avoid being owned?

Suited up is all that is required IMO.  I hope Richardson is on the Spurs tonight, I want to avoid a lenghty and expensive lawsuit with Lurker.  My lawyers say that Lurkers "Richarson OWNAGE" is in DIRECT conflict with my "Findawg OWNAGE".  Both Lurker and I can NOT claim "Reality OWNAGE" on our corporate taxes for the same fiscal year.

Lurker:

Despite you being a Spurs fan, I would be willing to settle "Reality OWNAGE" out of court.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 01:26:52 PM »

Lurker:

Despite you being a Spurs fan, I would be willing to settle "Reality OWNAGE" out of court.

Well, I would have called for a Fabs/Kwame throwdown but since the Lakers let Kwame go...

Maybe we could settle over a couple Fat Tires and a plate of enchiladas.   ;)
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
I answered this in my reply to koast.  But I can repeat for you because I know I will end up typing this about 14 billion, gazillion times before you start to comprehend.
What a croc of crap.
This is exactly what you wrote:
If he signs with a NBA team he can no longer play in the NBDL All-Star game.  
Are you going to own up or spin and butt ram with WoW and koast?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »

Lurker:

Well, I would have called for a Fabs/Kwame throwdown but since the Lakers let Kwame go...

Maybe we could settle over a couple Fat Tires and a plate of enchiladas.   ;)

Make it a Hefenwieser draft and you have a deal!  My people will be sending your people all the necesary paper work.  Of course they spell alot better than me.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 01:39:38 PM »
What a croc of crap.
This is exactly what you wrote:
If he signs with a NBA team he can no longer play in the NBDL All-Star game.  
Are you going to own up or spin and butt ram with WoW and koast?

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahinmi is under contract to the Spurs and has been assigned to a NBDL team.  He is still considered the Spurs player.  He would not be playing in the all star game if the Spurs called him up again.  Think MLB and the minor leagues.

Richardson has been released by the Spurs (& Grizzlies) and is not under contract with any NBA team.  He is in essence a free agent.  He is trying to play his way into the NBA.  If he were to sign with a NBA team he would be "called up" and not eligible to play.

Viva la difference!
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 02:11:19 PM »
So Manhinmi signed with an NBA team and is playing in the NBDL All Star game.
Thank you.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »
So Manhinmi signed with an NBA team and is playing in the NBDL All Star game.
Thank you.

Right.  So we will stay with baby steps.

If Richardson signs with a NBA team he will not be able to play in the NBDL all star game.

Think about this.  I have already explained why.  Let me know when you are ready to take the next step.
-Moody Blues