Author Topic: Shaq to add to his legacy tonight  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq to add to his legacy tonight
« on: December 07, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
Shaquile O'neal will once again add to his larger legacy over Tim Duncan tonight, once again dominating the younger Duncan.

While the statistics may not back it up, only a fool would find Duncan better tonight vs The Most Dominant Never.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:08:11 PM »
Here is one difference for you.......

Double teaming Shaq does not stop him from doing his thing.

Double teaming Duncan has before and still does stop him from doing his thing.

I also dont believe the new rules for allowing double teams in the paint was created because of Tim Duncan.  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:08:41 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:22:29 PM »

I also dont believe the new rules for allowing double teams in the paint was created because of Tim Duncan.
Since single coverage by BenWa 2004&05 and even before that Vlade 2002 and Tim Dunkar 2003 has been good enough, ya why double Shaq?

Double teaming Duncan no longer works.  He watched tape of W.O.W. in pickup games and now has a dynomite get n go pass and also when doubled he moves around with the ball as a decoy.  New and improved Tim Dunkan 2005-6.

Lots of *rules* were created for Shaq, that's for sure.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:49:53 PM »

Since single coverage by BenWa 2004&05 and even before that Vlade 2002 and Tim Dunkar 2003 has been good enough, ya why double Shaq?

Double teaming Duncan no longer works.  He watched tape of W.O.W. in pickup games and now has a dynomite get n go pass and also when doubled he moves around with the ball as a decoy.  New and improved Tim Dunkan 2005-6.

Lots of *rules* were created for Shaq, that's for sure.
Vlade in 2002? LMAO.  Go look up the stats for that series.  He really slowed Shaq down when Shaq was scoring 28 and 10 :rolleyes:

Tim Duncan didnt shut him down in that series.  They barely even put Duncan on Shaq.  Even on the last game of the series where Duncan did guard Shaq alot he had 31 and 10.

Ben Wallace did do an excellent job on Shaq but they did double team him in that series also :rolleyes:  Sheed Wallace did come over a number of times to use his length to try to help Ben out.

I know this is asking alot but please think before you post.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:50:13 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »
Vlade in 2002? LMAO.  Go look up the stats for that series.  He really slowed Shaq down when Shaq was scoring 28 and 10 :rolleyes:

Tim Duncan didnt shut him down in that series.  They barely even put Duncan on Shaq.  Even on the last game of the series where Duncan did guard Shaq alot he had 31 and 10.

Ben Wallace did do an excellent job on Shaq but they did double team him in that series also :rolleyes:  Sheed Wallace did come over a number of times to use his length to try to help Ben out.

I know this is asking alot but please think before you post. [/quote]
 Better then look up the stats, ask W.O.W. how Vlade did vs Shaq in 2002.  
So Shaq scored more points.  You are married to stats.  4-2 Kings win says it all.

Duncan guarded Shaq plenty of times in 2003.  Deal with reality.  As to weakside coming over to help, are you proposing that your former idol never had Grant or anyone else on the Lakers defense come over to help whom he was guarding. :ding:

Think.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »

So Shaq scored more points.  You are married to stats.  4-2 Kings win says it all.
Think.
God I wish they made logic pills.  Id order you up a case for X-mas.  Can you think logically for once or am I asking too much??

When someone is trying to prove if a person did or did not "slow them down" in a pro sports game what do you use to back up your stance?  STATS.  There is no other way to prove or disprove someone "slowing" someone else down with out stats.  So you have to be "married to stats" to prove if your stance is correct or not.

If Duncan and Vlade "slowed down" Shaq then why do his numbers not reflect that in the series' ????  According to you they both never had help with Shaq, he was played straight up, so why didn't his numbers reflect your claim?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 05:03:10 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:46:07 AM »
Shaq didn't play last night anyway, so it doesn't matter.  Duncan took advantage and so did the rest of the Spurs, Wade was left on his own for the night...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:54 AM »
Excuse me.

A 4-2 Kings win?

I'm *WAY* lost here.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:42 AM »
Excuse me.

A 4-2 Kings win?

I'm *WAY* lost here.
Actually, I am with Reality on that one, Joe. The Kings won that series in six games. The refs just did not allow it.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 11:57:03 AM »
Excuse me.

A 4-2 Kings win?

I'm *WAY* lost here.
Actually, I am with Reality on that one, Joe. The Kings won that series in six games. The refs just did not allow it.
Yea they won in  6 when the refs  allowed Chris Webber to illegally screen a defender to allow a game winning shot earlier in the series to push it to that many games.

I suppose the FT shooting of the Kings is some how magically blamed on the refs.  Steve Javie is notorious for using verbal exchanges to distract free throw shooters from teams he doesnt have money on.  Thats common knowledge.  Your team choked and you are obviously forever bitter about it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 12:28:41 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:48:35 PM »
Excuse me.

A 4-2 Kings win?

I'm *WAY* lost here.
Yea they won in  6 when the refs  allowed Chris Webber to illegally screen a defender to allow a game winning shot earlier in the series to push it to that many games.

I suppose the FT shooting of the Kings is some how magically blamed on the refs.  Steve Javie is notorious for using verbal exchanges to distract free throw shooters from teams he doesnt have money on.  Thats common knowledge.  Your team choked and you are obviously forever bitter about it.
You mean the screen Webber set AFTER he fumbled the ball out of bounds and the refs gave it BACK to the Kings?

I heard Javie spit on the ball before handing it to a Kings FT shooter, that is why the missed all the FT in their OWN building.  I also heard one of the refs spit in Peja's eye when he shot the 3 pointer that missed by 2 FEET!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 02:11:08 PM »
Laker fan logic = for every bad call that goes against the Lakers, 26 have to be called in their favor to make up for it.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 02:30:16 PM »
Laker fan logic = for every bad call that goes against the Lakers, 26 have to be called in their favor to make up for it.
So JoMaL did the refs keep the Kings from missing all those free throws?  I just love so much how if the Kings hit all those freethrows it wouldnt be a problem because the FT gap in that game is overexaggerated by people who are bitter about the series.

There would be no need for a game 6 if they made the correct calls on your team.  I love how that one always slips your mind.  Aside from all of that your team lost based on choking at the FT line in their own building :lol:

Lakers shot 15 more FTs in Game 6 yet somehow that is more focused in on than 2 possessions the Kings had, with the Lakers up, where they were allowed to keep the ball and allowed them to score.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:36:08 PM by westkoast »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »
So Shaq scored more points.  You are married to stats.  4-2 Kings win says it all.

Think.

I suggest you take your own advice and look up stats before you tell others to do so.

Oh btw Mr. I looked like a moron by opening my mouth without checking myself AKA Reality......Shaq's most "pathetic" game against the mighty defensive stopper known as Vlade Divac was a 26 and 9 game.  Thats pretty much on par with his career.  So much for defensive stopping in that series.  He fouled out in game 7 and Shaq dropped 41.

Just because a team beats another team does not mean an individual player shut down another player LOL.  In this case though Divac didnt slow Shaq down and the Kings didnt win.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:42:53 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 03:09:48 PM »
So JoMaL did the refs keep the Kings from missing all those free throws?  I just love so much how if the Kings hit all those freethrows it wouldnt be a problem because the FT gap in that game is overexaggerated by people who are bitter about the series.

There would be no need for a game 6 if they made the correct calls on your team.  I love how that one always slips your mind.  Aside from all of that your team lost based on choking at the FT line in their own building :lol:

Lakers shot 15 more FTs in Game 6 yet somehow that is more focused in on than 2 possessions the Kings had, with the Lakers up, where they were allowed to keep the ball and allowed them to score.
Game seven should never have happened.