Author Topic: Shaq to add to his legacy tonight  (Read 4966 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq to add to his legacy tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 03:56:46 PM »
Laker fan logic = for every bad call that goes against the Lakers, 26 have to be called in their favor to make up for it.
So JoMaL did the refs keep the Kings from missing all those free throws?  I just love so much how if the Kings hit all those freethrows it wouldnt be a problem because the FT gap in that game is overexaggerated by people who are bitter about the series.

There would be no need for a game 6 if they made the correct calls on your team.  I love how that one always slips your mind.  Aside from all of that your team lost based on choking at the FT line in their own building :lol:

Lakers shot 15 more FTs in Game 6 yet somehow that is more focused in on than 2 possessions the Kings had, with the Lakers up, where they were allowed to keep the ball and allowed them to score.
Game seven should never have happened.
You are right because game 5 was handed to the Kings.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 04:24:43 PM »
Laker fan logic = for every bad call that goes against the Lakers, 26 have to be called in their favor to make up for it.
So JoMaL did the refs keep the Kings from missing all those free throws?  I just love so much how if the Kings hit all those freethrows it wouldnt be a problem because the FT gap in that game is overexaggerated by people who are bitter about the series.

There would be no need for a game 6 if they made the correct calls on your team.  I love how that one always slips your mind.  Aside from all of that your team lost based on choking at the FT line in their own building :lol:

Lakers shot 15 more FTs in Game 6 yet somehow that is more focused in on than 2 possessions the Kings had, with the Lakers up, where they were allowed to keep the ball and allowed them to score.
Compared to game six, game five was a grade school shoving match.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 04:46:23 PM »

Compared to game six, game five was a grade school shoving match.
Riggghhhtttttttt :rolleyes:  Handing a team the second most important game in any playoff series that would have sealed their fate is far from a grade school shoving match...but hay whatever you want to think to help ease the bitter beer face ;)

I just love how when what happend to the Kings in Game 6 happend to the Lakers the entire finals against the Pistons I didnt hear you pipe up about how bad it was.  Didnt one of you naysayers (probably Reality) say the Pistons deserved it for attacking?!?!   I guess you keep excuses reserved for your team so you can explain why they couldnt get to the finals that year.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 04:48:40 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 04:55:04 PM »
Jomal,

If you can get the little whiny butt to view the game with you, I have the tape of Game 5.  His and the msc listed objective Laker crowd telling tales of how it was handed to the Kings. :rofl:

The Webber out of bounds play is entirely inconclusive.  Camera angle simply does not show one way or the other.  As if it made up for the 28 burn calls in game 6.  

God forbid he or any other Krishna watch Game 6 with you.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 05:21:22 PM »
Jomal,

If you can get the little whiny butt to view the game with you, I have the tape of Game 5.  His and the msc listed objective Laker crowd telling tales of how it was handed to the Kings. :rofl:

The Webber out of bounds play is entirely inconclusive.  Camera angle simply does not show one way or the other.  As if it made up for the 28 burn calls in game 6. 

BAHAH @ the cop out "the camera view is inconclusive"  THERE WAS MULTIPLE ANGLES SHOWN.  YOU HAVE THE TAPE.   :rofl:  :rofl:  Ultimate backpeddle by Reality.

Then after that.......

Why dont you fast forward to the last shot of the game and tell me that Chris Webber did not lean and use his right knee to take Derek Fisher out of the play.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:26:51 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 06:06:46 PM »
Jomal,

If you can get the little whiny butt to view the game with you, I have the tape of Game 5.  His and the msc listed objective Laker crowd telling tales of how it was handed to the Kings. :rofl:

The Webber out of bounds play is entirely inconclusive.  Camera angle simply does not show one way or the other.  As if it made up for the 28 burn calls in game 6. 

BAHAH @ the cop out "the camera view is inconclusive"  THERE WAS MULTIPLE ANGLES SHOWN.  YOU HAVE THE TAPE.   :rofl:  :rofl:  Ultimate backpeddle by Reality.

Then after that.......

Why dont you fast forward to the last shot of the game and tell me that Chris Webber did not lean and use his right knee to take Derek Fisher out of the play.
As for the Pistons beating the Lakers, it looked much more to me that the Lakers were waiting around, figuring that the refs would bail them out one more time and by the time they realyzed it wasn't going to happen, Jackson and company were out of witty zenisms.

The Webber out of bounds call was a bit hard to see, but it clearly could have gone either way without much debate. The screen at the end was a typical non-call at that point of the game, so unless you want to backtrack to every questionable ending to every game that was ever played where the last shot was going to be THE last shot and the refs swallowed their whistles as the fouls happened, we are never going to resolve it.

But game six???? Hardly in the same league as any of the other calls and it is pretty pathetic to try to compare an entire quarter of absolutely the worse example of officiating ever shown in ANY sport to one or two calls that hardly made a difference over the course of the entire game five.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 06:27:52 PM »
Jomal,

Then after that.......

As for the Pistons beating the Lakers, it looked much more to me that the Lakers were waiting around, figuring that the refs would bail them out one more time and by the time they realyzed it wasn't going to happen, Jackson and company were out of witty zenisms.

Spoken like someone who is truly bitter.

A foul every minute 20 seconds consitutes them standing around and wanting to be bailed out?  I think the reason they looked like they stood around is because when they tried to defend they were called for a foul.  Isnt that exactly what you are saying happend to the Kings?  They whistled for fouls like no other.

Funny thing is what your complaining about in game 6 happend for an entire series to the Lakers.  Either way, the Lakers should have won game 5 against the Kings and they would have been done either way.  Instead they were handed game 5 and choked in Game 7 on their own floor.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:34:01 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 12:28:57 PM »

A foul every minute 20 seconds consitutes them standing around and wanting to be bailed out?  I think the reason they looked like they stood around is because when they tried to defend they were called for a foul.  Isnt that exactly what you are saying happend to the Kings?  They whistled for fouls like no other.

Funny thing is what your complaining about in game 6 happend for an entire series to the Lakers.  Either way, the Lakers should have won game 5 against the Kings and they would have been done either way.  Instead they were handed game 5 and choked in Game 7 on their own floor.
Of course I'm bitter!!! Duh!

Okay, how's this scenario sound, WK? Because of the flak the refs got in 2002 over the sixth game, they wanted to show that they were not favoring the Lakers to any retarded degree, even though that was clearly the case, by giving all the close break calls to the Pistons in that series.

guest-koast

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »

A foul every minute 20 seconds consitutes them standing around and wanting to be bailed out?  I think the reason they looked like they stood around is because when they tried to defend they were called for a foul.  Isnt that exactly what you are saying happend to the Kings?  They whistled for fouls like no other.

Funny thing is what your complaining about in game 6 happend for an entire series to the Lakers.  Either way, the Lakers should have won game 5 against the Kings and they would have been done either way.  Instead they were handed game 5 and choked in Game 7 on their own floor.
Of course I'm bitter!!! Duh!

Okay, how's this scenario sound, WK? Because of the flak the refs got in 2002 over the sixth game, they wanted to show that they were not favoring the Lakers to any retarded degree, even though that was clearly the case, by giving all the close break calls to the Pistons in that series.
Or better yet JoMaL, the refs didnt want to get all the flak for almost handing the Kings the series by giving  them extra life in Game 5 that they made more favorable calls in Game 6 for the Lakers?

Which led to a game 7 and you have 0 excuses for that, at least I would hope so.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »
Or better yet JoMaL, the refs didnt want to get all the flak for almost handing the Kings the series by giving  them extra life in Game 5 that they made more favorable calls in Game 6 for the Lakers?

Which led to a game 7 and you have 0 excuses for that, at least I would hope so.
The refs, surprisingly, got NO flak over their calls in game five of that series whatsoever, at least anywhere else but in LA, who's fans are clearly clamor over it because they are so defensive about game six, which got UNIVERSAL flak jobs directed at them from just about everywhere on the planet.  

And since it should never have happened in the first place, I have nothing to say about game seven.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 05:13:00 PM by JoMal »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 05:24:47 PM »
And since it should never have happened in the first place, I have nothing to say about game seven.
Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 05:38:11 PM »
Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion.
WOW = defensive (former) Laker fan.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 05:59:11 PM »
Or better yet JoMaL, the refs didnt want to get all the flak for almost handing the Kings the series by giving  them extra life in Game 5 that they made more favorable calls in Game 6 for the Lakers?

The refs, surprisingly, got NO flak over their calls in game five of that series whatsoever, at least anywhere else but in LA, who's fans are clearly clamor over it because they are so defensive about game six, which got UNIVERSAL flak jobs directed at them from just about everywhere on the planet.  

Thats funny outside of Reality (for obvious reasons) and yourself (for obvious reasons) I havent heard much belly aching at all.  Of course you are not going to complain about a call that allowed your guys to stay afloat in the series.  Why would you???  Its not like you are any more objective than Laker fans.

"Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion"

Pretty much.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 12:48:54 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 12:49:48 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 11:58:38 AM »

Thats funny outside of Reality (for obvious reasons) and yourself (for obvious reasons) I havent heard much belly aching at all.  Of course you are not going to complain about a call that allowed your guys to stay afloat in the series.  Why would you???  Its not like you are any more objective than Laker fans.

"Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion"

Pretty much.
One quarter of bad calls versus one call at the end of a quarter.

Perspective, perspective.