Author Topic: Shaq to add to his legacy tonight  (Read 4963 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq to add to his legacy tonight
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 12:04:49 PM »
Or better yet JoMaL, the refs didnt want to get all the flak for almost handing the Kings the series by giving  them extra life in Game 5 that they made more favorable calls in Game 6 for the Lakers?

Which led to a game 7 and you have 0 excuses for that, at least I would hope so.
The refs, surprisingly, got NO flak over their calls in game five of that series whatsoever, at least anywhere else but in LA, who's fans are clearly clamor over it because they are so defensive about game six, which got UNIVERSAL flak jobs directed at them from just about everywhere on the planet.  

And since it should never have happened in the first place, I have nothing to say about game seven.
Thats funny outside of Reality (for obvious reasons) and yourself (for obvious reasons) I havent heard much belly aching at all.  Of course you are not going to complain about a call that allowed your guys to stay afloat in the series.  Why would you???  Its not like you are any more objective than Laker fans.

"Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion"

Pretty much.
One quarter of bad calls versus one call at the end of a quarter.

Perspective, perspective.
One quarter of bad calls in what some would say is the most important game of a playoff series.  Lets not pretend like this was just some random 4th quarter.  It was sink or swim and the Kings were handed a life vest two seperate times.  When you can admit that then we can get back to this debate  :up:

Apparently according to this statement above the Kings never commited a foul through out the whole game since the whole entire game was all bad calls.  The Kings were never known to play AT&T defense against other teams so the refs were in the wrong on this one.  Every foul called was complete BS.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:06:21 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 12:17:48 PM »
Or better yet JoMaL, the refs didnt want to get all the flak for almost handing the Kings the series by giving  them extra life in Game 5 that they made more favorable calls in Game 6 for the Lakers?

Which led to a game 7 and you have 0 excuses for that, at least I would hope so.
The refs, surprisingly, got NO flak over their calls in game five of that series whatsoever, at least anywhere else but in LA, who's fans are clearly clamor over it because they are so defensive about game six, which got UNIVERSAL flak jobs directed at them from just about everywhere on the planet.  

And since it should never have happened in the first place, I have nothing to say about game seven.
Thats funny outside of Reality (for obvious reasons) and yourself (for obvious reasons) I havent heard much belly aching at all.  Of course you are not going to complain about a call that allowed your guys to stay afloat in the series.  Why would you???  Its not like you are any more objective than Laker fans.

"Since game SIX should never have happened, I've been staying out of this discussion"

Pretty much.

One quarter of bad calls in what some would say is the most important game of a playoff series.  Lets not pretend like this was just some random 4th quarter.  It was sink or swim and the Kings were handed a life vest two seperate times.  When you can admit that then we can get back to this debate  :up:

Apparently according to this statement above the Kings never commited a foul through out the whole game since the whole entire game was all bad calls.  The Kings were never known to play AT&T defense against other teams so the refs were in the wrong on this one.  Every foul called was complete BS.
What the hell are you talking about?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
Whoops I read what you said wrong.  Could have sworn you said all the calls in game 6 were bad.

One quarter of bad calls vs one quarter of bad calls.  One, according to you :rolleyes:, happend through the quarter.  TWO bad calls, both which would have sealed the deal, were handed to your team.  

Here is what I am getting at and have been for the last 3-4 years.  All the whining from you and Reality about Game 6 is null and void because the Lakers got the short end of the stick in game 5.  Game 7 was the real game to decide, cuz everyone should play through calls, and the Lakers came up with the win not because of the refs but because they played well and the Kings shot themselves in the foot.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:08:47 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 02:06:36 PM »

Pretty much.

You just said all of game 6 was bs calls so I guess the Kings actually didnt comit any fouls that game right??  How would a team known for its reach out and touch someone defense not be able to commit any fouls in a game that had the premier interior and premeter players going up against their soft defense?
I'm up for a TiVo/Tape party!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »

Pretty much.

You just said all of game 6 was bs calls so I guess the Kings actually didnt comit any fouls that game right??  How would a team known for its reach out and touch someone defense not be able to commit any fouls in a game that had the premier interior and premeter players going up against their soft defense?
I'm up for a TiVo/Tape party!
Reality isnt going to look at the tape after doing the ultimate backpeddle by saying the *ONE* camera angle was inconclusive that Webber was out......even though he apparently watched the tape "many times" and there was multiple angles for that call.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:10:29 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22:39 PM »
Twist away.  I haven't backpedaled one bit.
Yeah the tape is here WOW.  One of these days.

One disputed call = "hands the Kings Game 5".
One disputed call = an entire quarters worth of undisputed marketing bull.  You've danced around Jomal on this for eternity.  Lakers blankets are on the way.

Dereek Swisher not getting the call on a very slight knee extension by Webber, whereupon your widdle DaReek flails to the floor in all his queenly drama?
You would want a *win* based on that.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 02:26:13 PM »
I'm up for a TiVo/Tape party! [/QUOTE]
Reality isnt going to look at the tape after doing the ultimate backpeddle by saying the *ONE* camera angle was inconclusive that Webber was out......even though he apparently watched the tape "many times" and there was multiple angles for that call. [/quote]
 I'll watch the tape anytime.  That would call for some Reality tho.
Continue pedalling.

What I wrote was "The Webber out of bounds play is entirely inconclusive. Camera angle simply does not show one way or the other. As if it made up for the 28 burn calls in game 6."

Camera angle meaning on all the various shots.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »

Dereek Swisher not getting the call on a very slight knee extension by Webber,
Lets get the timeline right here first Reality....

Chris Webber turns the ball over out of bounce for probably the 2nd largest choke job in his career aside from the timeout fiasco in Michigan.  Refs blow the call big time.

Kings get the ball back and then...

Webber extends his knee to knock Fisher out of the play.  Now you yourself just admitted he extends his knee to hit Fisher and that IS clearly an illegal screen.  You've just admitted it yourself.  Should have been a turn over before the shot even went up.

If Game 6's 4th quarter was such in the Lakers favor why can you two not admit that the 4th quarter in Game 5 was given to the Kings?  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:40:50 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 03:11:20 PM »
How's this for 'perspective"?

The Webber 'OOB' call and his screen were a little questionable, but in a close game, let's assume the refs were not making the "close" calls in that game either way, which worked for the Lakers as well in that game, I might add.

The next game, the refs are not noticable to any great extent, but then, to ensure a Laker victory, they have to make 26 or 28 extremely questionable calls to help the Lakers win - in a game that they had NO CHANCE OF WINNING OTHERWISE!!

Game five was too close to blame the outcome on late non-calls. Game six had been won by the Kings - until the refs gift-wrapped it for them in that last quarter.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 04:13:53 PM »

The Webber 'OOB' call and his screen were a little questionable, but in a close game, let's assume the refs were not making the "close" calls in that game either way, which worked for the Lakers as well in that game, I might add.

The next game, the refs are not noticable to any great extent, but then, to ensure a Laker victory, they have to make 26 or 28 extremely questionable calls to help the Lakers win - in a game that they had NO CHANCE OF WINNING OTHERWISE!!

Game five was too close to blame the outcome on late non-calls. Game six had been won by the Kings - until the refs gift-wrapped it for them in that last quarter.
How were 28 calls questionable?  Your turning into Reality-Mal now.  The illegal screen could have been one of those "close" calls that they didnt want to call cuz it was the last second but Webber turning the ball over was not.  That was the refs tossing the Kings a life preserver to make sure the series stretched out farther.  They then recieved a second one by letting Mike Bibby get a clear as day shot to win the game because his man was knocked out of the play by an illegal screen.

Honestly though, are we not beating a dead horse?  Both our teams suck right now its almost like we are pathetically living through past expierences to make up for a lack of a quality unit this year :lol:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 04:15:32 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 04:33:51 PM »

How were 28 calls questionable?  Your turning into Reality-Mal now.  The illegal screen could have been one of those "close" calls that they didnt want to call cuz it was the last second but Webber turning the ball over was not.  That was the refs tossing the Kings a life preserver to make sure the series stretched out farther.  They then recieved a second one by letting Mike Bibby get a clear as day shot to win the game because his man was knocked out of the play by an illegal screen.

Honestly though, are we not beating a dead horse?  Both our teams suck right now its almost like we are pathetically living through past expierences to make up for a lack of a quality unit this year :lol:
I played HS football!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 05:17:56 PM »

Quite dead, actually. Anything to distract from the woes of this season.

But you know, Kobe missed 4 of 5 shots after Doug Christie and Shaq fouled out of game five, any one of those misses could have won the game regardless of what the refs did or did not call.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 05:52:56 PM »
WOW your Backpedal Breau is exiting stage left now that the tape is ready to be shown.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 06:16:21 PM »
Honestly though, are we not beating a dead horse?  Both our teams suck right now its almost like we are pathetically living through past expierences to make up for a lack of a quality unit this year :lol:
WOW your Backpedal Breau is exiting stage left now that the tape is ready to be shown.
Im not back peddling at all.  I am not you :lol:  Mr.  There was only one angle so its inconclusive.  If anyone needs to re-watch the tape you do because apparently you've let that piece of information magically slip out.

We've all already gone over the game at least 40-50 times that first month after the series.  Some of us remember the tape well (me) and some of us have a selective memory and need to re-watch it (you)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 06:17:13 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 11:36:39 AM »
Honestly though, are we not beating a dead horse?  Both our teams suck right now its almost like we are pathetically living through past expierences to make up for a lack of a quality unit this year :lol:
Im not back peddling at all.  I am not you :lol:  Mr.  There was only one angle so its inconclusive.  If anyone needs to re-watch the tape you do because apparently you've let that piece of information magically slip out.

We've all already gone over the game at least 40-50 times that first month after the series.  Some of us remember the tape well (me) and some of us have a selective memory and need to re-watch it (you)
Well i just watched it again.  True to memory you are making up a camera angle that doesn't exist.  Magical.:rofl:

Kind of like your memory of Kobe being fouled for sure against Utah two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

That one you were able to let the light of truth penetrate.  Very encouraging.  A break thru of monumental proportions.  I'm not going to let your Kings/Lakers storytelling, twisting, backpedalling, downright making things up undo the progress of last week.