Author Topic: My Letter from John Kerry!  (Read 8376 times)

Rickortreat

My Letter from John Kerry!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2004, 05:39:55 PM »
Nice discussion guys, some excelllent points all around.

But Bush had no right to invade Iraq.  And, we're now in a very difficult situation, because we have limited resources that we're expending in prosecuting a war and nation building alone.

There was no immenent threat from Iraq.  We have far more to be concerned about with N. Korea and Iran, but we didn't invade there, and we are unable to after commiting ourselves to a war in Iraq.

Bush was a moron for putting us into that situation. He appears incapable of the strategic thinking required to keep America on top on the international stage.

In addtition the economy is in a shambles.  In fact it's much worse than many of you think, becasue the government has manipulated the statistics and metrics on our performance to such an extent, that you cannot compare them with the ones produced during the Clinton administration.

In effect the President lied about the reasons to go to war in Iraq. (An impeacheable offense!) and lied about the state of the economy (A very good reason not to re-elect him!)  And for the kicker:  how about violating the consitution and the bill of rights. (High treason!)  Proof?  Read the Patriot Act, allegedly written for our protection, and see how it mauls the consitution and your rights as Americans.

Those of you who still think that Bush deserves your vote, need to think about what it means to be an American, and what he has done to protect your rights, your freedoms and your economic interests.  Please don't take my word for it, please investigate it for yourself.

I am not thrilled by the choice of Kerry, by any means.  But Bush is probably the worst President we have ever had, and that's sufficient for me to vote for Kerry.  And that's a scary thing.  I'm very worried about our country and it's future.  Another term with Bush would be the kiss of death for the America I grew up in and believed in.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2004, 02:18:02 PM »
I picked up a copy of the Swifties book, makes some interesting points. All of them irrelevant to me, as half of all Americans are split on there love or hatred for Bush anyways.  
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »
First off, Kerry is clearly not the right answer to deal with the problems fronting our next president elect. He has no plan and the best we can hope for is status quo, which in and of itself is a failure.

Second, Bush caused many of those problems by bungling the 9/11 response by the U.S., alienating our allies and invading Iraq on false (read - selectively accepted) intellegence from what we now know were questionable sources. You all should know that government voices of "reason" certainly existed prior to the invasion, who told the administration they were jumping the gun on accusing Hussain of harboring WMD's. His father was one of them. So were CIA sources. But people within the administration's Oval Office and the State Department wanted this invasion to happen, so they actually hired spin doctors to come to the Pentagon and the State Department to "interpret" the data and feed it to the media in wording that scared the sh*t out of citizenry and flowered the reaction from our allies.

But while other countries have been called on the carpet to provide real proof for the excuse to invade Iraq, namely Great Britain and Spain, Bush has had no resounding attack, nor impeachment proceedings, which many of his actions warranted, since his latest spin on the war was printed. But why? His WMD arguement was wrong, though he planted plenty of false "facts" in the media at first.

His next arguement that Iraq was in cahoots with Al Qaeda collapsed amid hard evidence on how ridiculous that was. The media blitze was so effective that just before the invasion, 59 percent of the U.S. populance thought Iraq was responsible for 9/11, and 79 percent believed Saddam was harboring the 9/11 masterminds belonging to Al Qaeda.

Lately, it is about bringing democracy to the poor people of Iraq and relieving that unfortunate country of the hideous dictator Saddam Hussain. And we hear many in government saying that you have to be an idiot to think that letting Saddam continue to control Iraq would have eventually led to a direct attack against the United State.

Does anyone here really believe that Hussain had any intention of attacking the U.S.? Anyone? At all? But Iraq attacking Israel ....!!! That was a distinct possibility. Did you know that much of the pre-war propaganda intellegence used to justify the invasion was set up by the Israeli intellegence community? It is also interesting to note that, unlike the great, past U.S. presidential mediators who tried to curtail the Mid-East violence and curb Israeli responses in the Gaza strip to less violent means, Bush has told Israel to go ahead and bomb them, with his blessing.

Bush should not only not be re-elected, his actions are clearly impeachable. He has taken the law into his own hands and much of the American public apparently feel he is the "sane" choice to protect them. From.......??????? Who????? Maybe Iraq....now, not before. Terrorism has a new safe haven in Iraq, thanks to Bush. Iran is spinning us in circles, doing what they could not do before, though we backed Iraq previously in their war.

While Bush and his oil billionaire cronies, who are making more billions thanks to this invasion, are sending all the collateral damage (ie, American contractors and military personnel) that the Iraqi terrorists can dispose of via bombings and beheadings, he plans to stay there for years.

I can't stand Kerry, but really, do we have any other choice but to rid ourselves of the biggest idiot president and his henchmen this country has had since Harding? This creep Dubya was a failure, a drunk, a drug addict, and a mama's boy, who was not elected legally, regardless of the spin given the Florida voting fiasco.

As long as Bush is president, we all are in great, great danger. Our allies are starting to give us a matador defense and it will not be long before they are going to let some important facts fail to appear in reports given to the U.S. intellegence community.

We may be the strongest country in the world right now, but with Bush in charge, we are clearly going to be completely alone soon. He can't help us - he can't stop it. He already has shown he can't control terror attacks, nor confront the terrorists with any viable threat to them. Our only hope is to gain more friends in the world, who come to our side through free will and not economic threats.

This next election, while providing a poor alternative, is vital for us to get away from the nightmare Bush has inflicted on the American landscape. We are in much more trouble then most people in this country want to realyze.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2004, 09:43:46 AM »
My fear is that France and Germany will turn on us and will eventually overthrow and invade us.  And they have the means and an impenetrable fortress barrier...think its called the Maginot Line.

Seriously, Bush has been a terrible president and it's his time to go. He's done nothing to help the environment, and his isolationist thought process won't help us win the fight on terrorism.  And John Kerry? The man does nothing for me, still feel like Howard Dean was the lone Washington outsider to lead the demo's to a moderate promised land, alas, that was not the case.  If I had a choce (which I hope I still do.) I would pick ARNOLD SCHWARNEGGER over George Bush.  

ABB!

ANYBODY BUT BUSH!
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2004, 10:27:31 AM »
My fear is that France and Germany will turn on us and will eventually overthrow and invade us.  And they have the means and an impenetrable fortress barrier...think its called the Maginot Line.

While France has a history of being pretty wussy, I would not trust the Germans with a ten foot Pole . . .  or Czech, for that matter.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."