Author Topic: My Letter from John Kerry!  (Read 8378 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
My Letter from John Kerry!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 12:17:31 PM »
I never cease to be amazed at people who sit back and critique decisions -- how many decisions have you made that would withstand this kind of scrutiny. Do I think mistakes have been made? Absolutely! Those mistakes include: Bush Senior not finishing the job when he was President, Clinton sitting on his butt while Iraq snubbed it's nose at the entire world and kicked the UN Inspectors out of Iraq -- however, people want to make this all about WMD -- but Bush made it VERY clear that Iraq had this much time to let inspectors in and do their job -- when that time was up, we went to war.

What America do you live in, Randy? This is exactly how people critique decisions.

As for those "mistakes" you mentioned, Bush Sr. was specifically asked by the other Arab countries to only remove Saddam from Kuwait and then leave, because of the problem with having asked them to come in the first place - which was the excuse Bin Laden used to attack the U.S. So while it was not the correct decision in hindsight, it was the "politcally" correct decision at the time.

As for Clinton, again, he was following the world's request to go through the UN to deal with Iraq - and this was well before 9/11, which had nothing to do with it anyway. What 9/11 essentially did was allowed Dubya carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. Clinton did not have a 9/11 to justify doing whatever he pleased, but somehow I believe he would not have succumbed to this invasion so blindly as Dubya did, without serious consideration of the longterm ramifications that an invasion of another country would lead to. As Bush Jr. is slowly starting to understand.

The United Nations, remember, is in existance to maintain peace and allow a forum for nations to negotiate differences without going to war. If a country is hellbent on defying the UN and ignoring its sanctions, the UN is not an entity designed to invade that country, or declare war, or force it to comply. It can only initiate economic sanctions, which amount to suggestions. A Shangra La idea like the UN can only be effective if the countries that belong play by the same rules.

Which leads us to the U.S. leading the cavalry charge into Iraq to "save" it from Hussain and us from those WMD. If the appearance of improprity did not scream out over both the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions, at least some of us doubters would be a little more in favor of these actions. But we have a

F**KING CIA DIRECTED WAR, CAUSED BY CIA SELF-SERVING 'INTELLIGENCE' MOTIVATION FOR THE WARS, WITH A TOTALLY ANGRY ARAB WORLD P*SSED OFF AT AMERICA FOR CIA INTERVENTIONS IN THEIR COUNTRIES, AND THE TOPPER - A CIA-RUN PRESIDENT, WHO'S FATHER IS THE CONDUIT.

I am sorry, but if anyone is stupid enough not to see this connection out there, get help. The idiocy of the American mid-landers, who feel Bush can better protect them from another terrorist attack seem to forget that Bush did little beforehand to protect them prior to 9/11.  If a motivated and angry Bin Laden successfully did it once, actually more then once, it would be extremely naive to think he can't come up with another, more devastating attack without the CIA or FBI being any better in thwarting it.

But the question is why they are after us? Put the blame where it belongs - on what the CIA has been doing in the Mid-East for the last forty years. This did not just suddenly dawn on the Arab world to kill as many Americans as they can - no negotiations, just kill as many as possible. It came about after years of CIA involvement in their cultures, raping the resources and bullying governments into compliance.

Carter's dealing with Iran back in the late seventies? Directly a result of the CIA's Shah-created regime. The current connection to Afghanistan has CIA fingerprints all over it, and it is interesting to note that the companies both there and Iraq have links to our vice-president, who will make a fortune on HIS WMD that are being sold to the US government now to fight these wars. Anyone remember the Texas companies that sold the weapons to the US during the Vietnam War? Johnson left the White House a millionaire over those deals, all brokered by CIA connections.

And now, the CIA, with the complete support of the stupidity of middle-America (the one segment of the United States that will NEVER be attacked by anyone ever) behind it, has their own guy in the White House. How convenient. How convenient that he was elected because of a CIA black-ops operation in Florida, a technique they perfected in Central America.

When will people come to realyze that every time an American in Iraq gets kidnapped and beheaded, the CIA/Dubya people secretly rejoice? It plays directly to the fears of that safely eskonced Middle-American group who see it as somehow a direct threat to their safety and fears that some other president might allow it to happen to them. The bloodier the attacks to Americans appear, the more they can play on the stupidity of these Americans, who just want their government to "do what they have to" and let them sit back and eat all the carbohydrates they can stuff in their mouths during football season.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 12:20:49 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »
Just a compliment is all. Admire him for sticking up to the environmental wasting, non-recycling, minority hating, white only-loving, war-mongoring, morality pushin, bible thumpin, non-overtime payin, isolationist lovin, non WMD findin, Christianity is the only approved religion, right wing,poor-hatin, non-compasionate, assault weapon lovin Repubs.

And YES x3, I know you that that as a compliment! :rofl:
You're a psycho 101.

I usually vote Republican, and I recycle.

What do you have to say to that!?!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 12:45:13 PM »
Just a compliment is all. Admire him for sticking up to the environmental wasting, non-recycling, minority hating, white only-loving, war-mongoring, morality pushin, bible thumpin, non-overtime payin, isolationist lovin, non WMD findin, Christianity is the only approved religion, right wing,poor-hatin, non-compasionate, assault weapon lovin Repubs.

You're a psycho 101.

That having too many wives can confuse you like that.     :D  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 12:45:48 PM »
How convenient that he was elected because of a CIA black-ops operation in Florida, a technique they perfected in Central America.

When will people come to realyze that every time an American in Iraq gets kidnapped and beheaded, the CIA/Dubya people secretly rejoice? It plays directly to the fears of that safely eskonced Middle-American group who see it as somehow a direct threat to their safety and fears that some other president might allow it to happen to them. The bloodier the attacks to Americans appear, the more they can play on the stupidity of these Americans, who just want their government to "do what they have to" and let them sit back and eat all the carbohydrates they can stuff in their mouths during football season.
Good Lord JoMal, step back from the edge and calm down a bit.

George W. Bush secretly rejoices every time an American gets beheaded? Hell, why not go on the logical conclusion that George W. Bush is actually the one beheading these Americans!?

Bush was elected through a CIA black ops operation in Florida? I have to admit; that's one even I haven't heard, and I'm always reading the whack-job conspiracy theorist web sites.

Why do you post this stuff? Are you actually trying to convince people like Randy that they're wrong? Do you realize that you come off just as irrational as you think Randy is? Do you realize how unconvincing such emotional, foaming-at-the-mouth diatribes are?

Having read your opinion on many things over the past few years, I DO believe you are quite intelligent and well read. But this might be an opportunity to step back, breathe deep, and realize that it is possible for intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate people to look at the world and come up with a different point of view than yours. You certainly aren't going to convince anyone with the kind of explosion you just posted.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 12:46:34 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

C'mon Lurker, let 101 fight his own battles for once!  :cry:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 12:50:32 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

hahahahahahhaha oh man
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 12:55:41 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

Well, I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to think of a comeback on the same intellectual level as yours Lurk.

This is all I got:

"Yo mama so fat, she sat on a quarter and squeezed a booger outta Washington's nose."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 01:00:11 PM »
What 9/11 essentially did was allowed Dubya carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. Clinton did not have a 9/11 to justify doing whatever he pleased, but somehow I believe he would not have succumbed to this invasion so blindly as Dubya did, without serious consideration of the longterm ramifications that an invasion of another country would lead to.

Ding ding ding.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 01:21:59 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

Well, I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to think of a comeback on the same intellectual level as yours Lurk.

This is all I got:

"Yo mama so fat, she sat on a quarter and squeezed a booger outta Washington's nose."
Operator:  Collect call from '1998' will you accept the charges?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 01:25:37 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

This is all I got:

:unsure:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2004, 02:01:41 PM »

You're a psycho 101.

This is all I got:

:unsure:
oh yeah, yo mama's so dumb she gets lost in thought.

word to yo mutha   :nod:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2004, 02:13:58 PM »
Good Lord JoMal, step back from the edge and calm down a bit.

George W. Bush secretly rejoices every time an American gets beheaded? Hell, why not go on the logical conclusion that George W. Bush is actually the one beheading these Americans!?

Bush was elected through a CIA black ops operation in Florida? I have to admit; that's one even I haven't heard, and I'm always reading the whack-job conspiracy theorist web sites.

Why do you post this stuff? Are you actually trying to convince people like Randy that they're wrong? Do you realize that you come off just as irrational as you think Randy is? Do you realize how unconvincing such emotional, foaming-at-the-mouth diatribes are?

Having read your opinion on many things over the past few years, I DO believe you are quite intelligent and well read. But this might be an opportunity to step back, breathe deep, and realize that it is possible for intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate people to look at the world and come up with a different point of view than yours. You certainly aren't going to convince anyone with the kind of explosion you just posted

Gee, Ted, that might be my point. But people often like to keep the reasons for what is going on in the world to simple concepts instead of looking deeper into why things have turned out the way they have.

But mostly what we keep talking about is our reaction to what we perceive as threats to American lives and how our government reacts to these threats, when I want people to think about who is responsible for creating these threats in the first place.

Does Bush and the CIA secretly rejoice when an American gets killed. No, of course not. But please understand that the CIA and by extension this administration is much, much more concerned with American INTERESTS in these countries then the loss of American lives, which they seem to consider collateral damage to the greater good.

For crying out loud, they are not even trying to make it look like anything else but a terrific business transaction for them.

Did these people actually think they could import western-style democracy into a culture that has not even come close to accepting this type of political system for 5,000 years? What, exactly, was the goal for invading Iraq after Afghanistan? For WMD? Once they were deemed invisible, why are we so entrenched there still without any exit strategy that won't look like the terrorists drove us out?

Because there is good money to be made, that's why.

Personally, I highly dislike being used as a pawn to improve the wealth of presidential cronies, and to ignore what our intelligence agency has wrought by their previous actions in these countries.

Who the hell wants to support an administration that clearly despises Americans, but uses them to back their political program?  

And while I may sound a bit extreme, my point is to make this possibility an alternative to blindly accepting what this administration is claiming every time they ask Congress to approve the purchase of another war machine from a Texas-run company.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 02:15:44 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2004, 03:07:40 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that you are like the 3rd son of George Bush Sr.  Randy... as a tax paying, voting American I am entitled to critique any decision made by the government that effects me, my family, or the people around me.  That is part of democrary buddy.  That is how this system works, the people are the voice and part of that  is speaking your mind.   Whether it be with other voting Americans, in a debate, at  a school, or in the polls.   God forbid we have millions of Randy's running around the US right now getting brown goo on the end of their nose from the presidents rear end like he did this country such a great serive the last 2 years.  Dont get me wrong he did a fine job boosting the morale of the US after 9/11....but aside from that he has done very little to deserve this constant e-buttlicking he recieves from you.    What makes me laugh the most is you always rant about Kerry's promises and how hallow they are, even tho the guy has no way of doing anything until hes president.......but seem to "forget" about the promises and statements Bush has given the people of the US .  We were told we would see a boost in the economy.  We were told the war in Iraq was won.  We were even told that America is safer than ever.  None of which are about as hallow as anything Kerry has said (according to you), except for that one important fact that Bush actually has alot of power in the US.  If you think America is safer now than before because you wait at the airport longer you are sadly mistaken.  Right now I can tell you that a large number of water treatment plants in Southern California are vulnerable.  This isnt some kind of Michael Moore statement either....I work for a large engineering firm that is in the water and waste water treatment industry.  Some of the work the company does is provide assessments on the vulnerability of the treatment plants.

Randy think back to when the apple of your eye addressed all us American's on national television.  I believe the underlining reason we were going to war was because Bush and his staff felt that Iraq was possing a threat to the United States because they had weapons of mass destruction.  How can you honestly say you don't understand why this is all about weapons of mass destruction?  We wouldn't have put forth thousands and thousands of US lives, billions of US dollars, shrugged off our allies, and possibly broke international law because Sadaam is a bad bad guy to his people.  Sadaam was plotting to blow us up ( :rolleyes: ).  Maybe if Bush stressed another reason on why he needed to rally US support so quickly people wouldnt bring it up.  He did not so how can you expect people to talk about Sadaam spitting in the UNs face like they would WMDs?  That wasn't the reason we went in the first place.  That sounds like a Bush (and in your case Bush supporter) excuse because we found nothing.

edit: btw Randy...when your decisions directly effect millions and millions of people in the US, middle east, and abroad they are always going to be held under scrutiny.  That's part of the job.  Its not ok to critique Bush's decisions that effect us all.....but its ok to critique Kerry's decisions on where it should go from here?
Kerry's promises and how hallow they are, even tho the guy has no way of doing anything until hes president

Umm, you don't think that years as a Senator is "no way of doing anything until hes president?  There

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2004, 03:21:20 PM »
good point. But if he was such a horrible Senator, why did they keep voting him in for so long?
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2004, 03:22:09 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that you are like the 3rd son of George Bush Sr.  Randy... as a tax paying, voting American I am entitled to critique any decision made by the government that effects me, my family, or the people around me.  That is part of democrary buddy.  That is how this system works, the people are the voice and part of that  is speaking your mind.   Whether it be with other voting Americans, in a debate, at  a school, or in the polls.   God forbid we have millions of Randy's running around the US right now getting brown goo on the end of their nose from the presidents rear end like he did this country such a great serive the last 2 years.  Dont get me wrong he did a fine job boosting the morale of the US after 9/11....but aside from that he has done very little to deserve this constant e-buttlicking he recieves from you.    What makes me laugh the most is you always rant about Kerry's promises and how hallow they are, even tho the guy has no way of doing anything until hes president.......but seem to "forget" about the promises and statements Bush has given the people of the US .  We were told we would see a boost in the economy.  We were told the war in Iraq was won.  We were even told that America is safer than ever.  None of which are about as hallow as anything Kerry has said (according to you), except for that one important fact that Bush actually has alot of power in the US.  If you think America is safer now than before because you wait at the airport longer you are sadly mistaken.  Right now I can tell you that a large number of water treatment plants in Southern California are vulnerable.  This isnt some kind of Michael Moore statement either....I work for a large engineering firm that is in the water and waste water treatment industry.  Some of the work the company does is provide assessments on the vulnerability of the treatment plants.

Randy think back to when the apple of your eye addressed all us American's on national television.  I believe the underlining reason we were going to war was because Bush and his staff felt that Iraq was possing a threat to the United States because they had weapons of mass destruction.  How can you honestly say you don't understand why this is all about weapons of mass destruction?  We wouldn't have put forth thousands and thousands of US lives, billions of US dollars, shrugged off our allies, and possibly broke international law because Sadaam is a bad bad guy to his people.  Sadaam was plotting to blow us up ( :rolleyes: ).  Maybe if Bush stressed another reason on why he needed to rally US support so quickly people wouldnt bring it up.  He did not so how can you expect people to talk about Sadaam spitting in the UNs face like they would WMDs?  That wasn't the reason we went in the first place.  That sounds like a Bush (and in your case Bush supporter) excuse because we found nothing.

edit: btw Randy...when your decisions directly effect millions and millions of people in the US, middle east, and abroad they are always going to be held under scrutiny.  That's part of the job.  Its not ok to critique Bush's decisions that effect us all.....but its ok to critique Kerry's decisions on where it should go from here?
Kerry's promises and how hallow they are, even tho the guy has no way of doing anything until hes president

Umm, you don't think that years as a Senator is "no way of doing anything until hes president?  There
Senator's control and are the most important part of foreign policy when it comess to mashing issues out, command an army that is sitting in Iraq, and oversee a homeland security concil?  This whole time I thought it was the president and the staff he put together.  Maybe I should apologize to Bush for holding him accountable for those things.  Ill just stick to holding him accountable for things he is in charge of..........

« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 03:25:16 PM by westkoast »