Author Topic: Spurseses  (Read 6385 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 06:04:11 PM »
Call up Mr. Peabody and ask to take the way-back machine for a whirl........then move to Southern instead of Nothern California.
If I wanted the last twenty years of my life back only to spend it in a SoCal outhouse, I would have asked for that.

Besides, it would be impossible for me to penetrate the bozone layer that hangs over the LA basin.

You know.  The intellectually thin shag carpet-like air layer that unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
There is smog for a reason...because you can actually go out in your car and do something.
Does peeing in the radiator technically qualify as actually doing something?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 06:09:23 PM »
Call up Mr. Peabody and ask to take the way-back machine for a whirl........then move to Southern instead of Nothern California.
If I wanted the last twenty years of my life back only to spend it in a SoCal outhouse, I would have asked for that.

Besides, it would be impossible for me to penetrate the bozone layer that hangs over the LA basin.

You know.  The intellectually thin shag carpet-like air layer that unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
There is smog for a reason...because you can actually go out in your car and do something.
Nope...

Neither does:

Going to Tulare

Going to Fresno

Tipping cows

Drinking Hooch

Having a party in your barn
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »

Nope...

Neither does:

Going to Tulare

Going to Fresno

Tipping cows

Drinking Hooch

Bear all that in mind the next time you slice up a nice, Valley tomato. Those things actually leave Tulare looking RED.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 10:39:39 AM »

Nope...

Neither does:

Going to Tulare

Going to Fresno

Tipping cows

Drinking Hooch

Bear all that in mind the next time you slice up a nice, Valley tomato. Those things actually leave Tulare looking RED.
I was up in Tulare last week at a water treatment plant field trailor.  How people could live there I do not know.

As for tomata's (as my grandfather would say) Im not a big fan.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 11:15:08 AM »
Not a big fan??? Now that is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time.

Tomatoes are one of the best health foods you can eat. What's more, they actually release MORE antitoxins when you cook them.

Being a drunk, cowtipping, barnstomping Valley guy who lives on top of some rich, river soil, I naturally grow my own. Aces for the table, Roma's for sauces. I make my own Bolognesa Sauce and my wife makes the best lasagna using them. I use them in my home made habanera hot sauce, the peppers for which I also grow.

Caprese, pasta sauces, ceviche...there are so many uses for fresh tomatoe. We put big slices on our homemade pizza and bake them on.

Valley tomatoes. It's what's for dinner! :nod:    

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurseses
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »
Not a big fan??? Now that is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time.

Tomatoes are one of the best health foods you can eat. What's more, they actually release MORE antitoxins when you cook them.

Being a drunk, cowtipping, barnstomping Valley guy who lives on top of some rich, river soil, I naturally grow my own. Aces for the table, Roma's for sauces. I make my own Bolognesa Sauce and my wife makes the best lasagna using them. I use them in my home made habanera hot sauce, the peppers for which I also grow.

Caprese, pasta sauces, ceviche...there are so many uses for fresh tomatoe. We put big slices on our homemade pizza and bake them on.

Valley tomatoes. It's what's for dinner! :nod:
A ceviche pizza.......hmmmm.....mmmm.....a-hem...err...Norcal Sucks!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"