Author Topic: Spurseses  (Read 6386 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »
been out of town, for the past few days, me and the wife went to go party it up in Austin....long live 6th street baby.  but I think the point here is Nazr has been awesome as of late, dont mater about the trade at this point, we are creaming the soncis right now, and part of it is because of Nazr toughness, stop acting like this guy has not made a diffeence, he is helping us BIG TIME end of story.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »
I really hope these kinds of arguements are not a prelude to the future of this board.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 11:47:17 AM »
I really hope these kinds of arguements are not a prelude to the future of this board.
Why are these arguments any different than any other thread involving Reality going off topic?  You act as if this is the first time that this has happend around here.

Randy and myself tried our darnest to keep on the Nazr subject but Reality's inability to bring up a solid argument as to why Nazr was not a big factor in the Spurs first round win changed the direction of the whole thread.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 11:47:42 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 01:00:49 PM »
westkoast-WE-Randy

Your Nazr obsession which you've now backpedaled away from "best Spur on the court" -no takers to back you up- is tired.

Nazr could not have come at a better time.  Played a key role, played "great", played "well".  Various terms.  Whatever, as to your attempting to get SpursX3 to back your "best Spur on the court" -he didn't.  Further Xs3 and I don't have to exactly agree on what term to know Nazr is helping the Spurs at the best possible time with Dunker/Rash gimpy.  That you can't get a backer other then westkoast-WE-Randy to agree is well, time for you two to twist, change, and backpedal.  Which you've done.  Start up an aerobics company.  Now it's he played a "major" role.  Which again, it's subjective.  Don't wanna get caught up in terms, it could be said he played a "major role" certainly in Game 1 in a losing effort.    
In the pivotal Game 3,
20 min 3 rbs 3 pts 4 Turnovers for Nazr.
17 min 7 rbs 2pts 5 offensive boards Rasho.

AS to weakoast-WE-Randys assertion that the Spurs beat Denver strictly with Defense and Nazr, its more of your inexperience.  Game 5s closeout had the Spurs being outscored from inside the arc but a major (lol) role in the game was Spurs 9-24 on threebies.  Denver scored one.  These stats sound like it was all Defense for Spurs?  Nope, they had to make the 3s on O also.  It was both O and D that won.
Spurs are in second round, its over.

Your spineless inaccountability toward your lies on the board dates, dates you initiated attempting to swish thru your *bandwagon*,  is indeed time to simply end.  

Randy-WE-westkoast tried yet another lie when saying it's about players and not just team records when bandwaggoning onto a team.  Well I posted eons ago that my fav player was Tim Duncan.  :rofl:  In fact it was in response to a poster, maybe even westkoast, excuse me westkoast-WE-Randy, asking about who my favorite team and player was.  Answered well before the 02-03 season.

Moving on to Spurs in round 2.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 01:18:15 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 01:42:17 PM »
westkoast-WE-Randy

Your Nazr obsession which you've now backpedaled away from "best Spur on the court" -no takers to back you up- is tired.

Nazr could not have come at a better time.  Played a key role, played "great", played "well".  Various terms.  Whatever, as to your attempting to get SpursX3 to back your "best Spur on the court" -he didn't.  Further Xs3 and I don't have to exactly agree on what term to know Nazr is helping the Spurs at the best possible time with Dunker/Rash gimpy.  That you can't get a backer other then westkoast-WE-Randy to agree is well, time for you two to twist, change, and backpedal.  Which you've done.  Start up an aerobics company.  Now it's he played a "major" role.  Which again, it's subjective.  Don't wanna get caught up in terms, it could be said he played a "major role" certainly in Game 1 in a losing effort.   
In the pivotal Game 3,
20 min 3 rbs 3 pts 4 Turnovers for Nazr.
17 min 7 rbs 2pts 5 offensive boards Rasho.

AS to weakoast-WE-Randys assertion that the Spurs beat Denver strictly with Defense and Nazr, its more of your inexperience.  Game 5s closeout had the Spurs being outscored from inside the arc but a major (lol) role in the game was Spurs 9-24 on threebies.  Denver scored one.  These stats sound like it was all Defense for Spurs?  Nope, they had to make the 3s on O also.  It was both O and D that won.
Spurs are in second round, its over.

Your spineless inaccountability toward your lies on the board dates, dates you initiated attempting to swish thru your *bandwagon*,  is indeed time to simply end. 

Randy-WE-westkoast tried yet another lie when saying it's about players and not just team records when bandwaggoning onto a team.  Well I posted eons ago that my fav player was Tim Duncan.  :rofl:  In fact it was in response to a poster, maybe even westkoast, excuse me westkoast-WE-Randy, asking about who my favorite team and player was.  Answered well before the 02-03 season.

Moving on to Spurs in round 2.
LOL......once again you are side stepping Spursx3 comment because you obviously dont 1) get it or 2) you get it but are so stuborn you pretend it doesnt exist.  

No sidestepping this Reality..........you are gonna answer this one straight out, put away your tap dancing shoes for once.   When someone says 'He had a monster game' and follows that up by saying 'the rest of the team (meaning THE WHOLE TEAM) fell flat' what does that say in your skull that houses a gerbil running on a wheel?  Lets hear your answer to that one.

No where did I lie about dates.  I said that we werent all posting together then, which is true and I also said you never made this thread proclaiming you were a Spurs fan, because you didnt.   Also, the Spurs won, as they always do, with defense.  Not offense. This hasnt changed since Pop has been coach and it never will.  Even Spurs fans will tell you that it was won with defense

"been out of town, for the past few days, me and the wife went to go party it up in Austin....long live 6th street baby. but I think the point here is Nazr has been awesome as of late, dont mater about the trade at this point, we are creaming the soncis right now, and part of it is because of Nazr toughness, stop acting like this guy has not made a diffeence, he is helping us BIG TIME end of story. "

^---From a real Spurs fan who actually knows alot more basketball than you, loads.

Btw, Mr OG MSNBC poster.........westkoast wasnt the original name I used over there.  You being the OG over there you should know that.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 01:43:25 PM by westkoast »

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 02:10:41 PM »

Nobody backpedaled on that quote -- however, you CONTINUE to misquote me -- why don't you offer the WHOLE quote, you idiot!!!  Nazr WAS the best Spurs on the court THAT GAME -- just ONE game -- where is that part of the quote?  Huh?  You continually twist what you want to and ignore others just to try and prove some delusional point to nobody but yourself!!!

The fact is that EVERYONE who has weighed in, at this point, has said the same thing to YOU -- not to me, not to wk --but to YOU -- and it's the same thing:

Nazr has been playing GREAT! anyone with the slightest basketball knowledge could tell you that. his quick hands and speed helped us out in the last game for example - breaking up ally oop passes stealing the ball out of boykins hands, etc, plus the guys SIZE has been pretty handy against the physical Nuggets - i for one am glad that the series is over, i was afraid someone was going to get hurt soon. I really feel more confident going into the next round with Nazr on board against the Sonics.

I think the point here is Nazr has been awesome as of late, dont mater about the trade at this point, we are creaming the soncis right now, and part of it is because of Nazr toughness, stop acting like this guy has not made a diffeence, he is helping us BIG TIME end of story.

Reality, Why won't you just admit that the trade for Nazr was a smart move by the Spurs?

It's obvious that he's contirbuted a lot more to the Spurs than Rose, and will continue to contribute more.

He's a more effective post player and he gives the Spurs more of what they need to win.

Those quotes AREN'T taken out of context -- they are simply made and they DON'T support your statements.  But you keep ignoring them and coming up with some kind of petty side rant to try and deflect from the fact that ONCE AGAIN you are wrong!!!

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 03:11:01 PM »
I just read the last three pages of this thread. Why I just read ALL three pages I don't rightly know. I know one thing . . .

I want the last twenty minutes of my life back.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 03:15:16 PM »
I just read the last three pages of this thread. Why I just read ALL three pages I don't rightly know. I know one thing . . .

I want the last twenty minutes of my life back.
being in Utah, I wold think you wold want a lot more then jus 20 minutes back......

LOL

j/k of course.... :D  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 03:26:36 PM »
You'll find that living with ten teenage wives allows you to live a VERY full life thank you very much.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:33 PM »
How do I go about getting the last twenty years of my life back?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »
How do I go about getting the last twenty years of my life back?
Call up Mr. Peabody and ask to take the way-back machine for a whirl........then move to Southern instead of Nothern California.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 03:53:02 PM »
You'll find that living with ten teenage wives allows you to live a VERY full life thank you very much.
 :eek2:  - do they got any sisters??  I have ben thinking about moving to the wilderness lately..... B)

lol

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 04:12:21 PM »
Call up Mr. Peabody and ask to take the way-back machine for a whirl........then move to Southern instead of Nothern California.
If I wanted the last twenty years of my life back only to spend it in a SoCal outhouse, I would have asked for that.

Besides, it would be impossible for me to penetrate the bozone layer that hangs over the LA basin.

You know.  The intellectually thin shag carpet-like air layer that unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Guest_Randy

Spurseses
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »
If I wanted the last twenty years of my life back only to spend it in a SoCal outhouse, I would have asked for that.

Besides, it would be impossible for me to penetrate the bozone layer that hangs over the LA basin.

You know.  The intellectually thin shag carpet-like air layer that unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
Umm, guys, we were having a really stupid inane argument here and you are ruining by starting one of your own!  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurseses
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 05:46:27 PM »

There is smog for a reason...because you can actually go out in your car and do something.