Author Topic: Toronto will consider real offers for Bosh  (Read 6059 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Toronto will consider real offers for Bosh
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »
Wade is a better scorer, but not a better passer and certainly not a better defender than Iguodala.  Between the two Iguodala demands the ball less, and with Bosh, Brand and Young that's a plus.

Center would still be a problem unless Speights or Smith can play the 5, but rebounding shouldn't be a problem with Bosh and Brand, just defending. Not too many Centers in the East to worry about, aside from Dwight. And, I don't think anyone out there can handle Howard, unless Bynum shocks us all.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
Wade is a better scorer, but not a better passer and certainly not a better defender than Iguodala.  Between the two Iguodala demands the ball less, and with Bosh, Brand and Young that's a plus.

Center would still be a problem unless Speights or Smith can play the 5, but rebounding shouldn't be a problem with Bosh and Brand, just defending. Not too many Centers in the East to worry about, aside from Dwight. And, I don't think anyone out there can handle Howard, unless Bynum shocks us all.

Rick, Bosh & Brand play the same position.  And neither one can play C or SF effectively.  So why would you want to pay someone near max money to play bench minutes?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »

How is he not a better passer?  Wade is a play maker and is actually an underrated passer.   Ig may demand the ball less but he also doesn't give the inside guys the same amount of room to operate as Wade would.  You can't cheat towards the post player with Wade or your asking for big time trouble.

Don't hold ya breath on Bynum.  There is not a center in the league who can handle Dwight Howard and most certainly not Andrew "Those are pretty lights up there" Bynum.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:26 PM »

Rick, Bosh & Brand play the same position.  And neither one can play C or SF effectively.  So why would you want to pay someone near max money to play bench minutes?

To get Sam out of Philly and to try to play 2 or 3 players who are PF's instead of a Center and Forward.  Most teams who have a true 5 and 4 have a stiff at one position.  Gasol and Bynum. Garnett and Perkins.  I'd like to see what a team with scorers at both positons could do, more like Orlando with Howard and Lewis.  I'm becoming more and more enamored with the idea of not trying to depend on finding a player who's the only one (or two) who can play that position in a generation.

The Sixers have a great SF in Thad Young, and a great 2 in Iguodala. With the motion offense installed, they might have a better chance than one would think. If we could get Dwight Howard that would be a different matter, but that's not going to happen.  Philly might not ever get a chance at a real Center to complete the roster, but with the talent they could have, they might become a very strong contender.  There just aren't that many teams that could exploit that weakness at Center.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
I'd rather get Caron Butler or Antawn Jamison from Washington, along with draft picks and expiring contracts than a stiff like Dalembert and draft picks and expiring contracts.

Washington isn't as far from being a title contender as some people think.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »
So nice of you not to offer up the Spurs "garbage" for Bosh.  One player is about to retire, probably should have a year ago, and the other has a chronically bum ankle and hasn't been able to contribute to his team significantly in two years.   Yeah, I'm sure Toronto would jump at the opportunity to part with a young, talented, improving power forward for those two guys ... oh wait, but you'll throw in some picks ... get Colangelo on the line ... pronto!   ;)
Or maybe the Spurs could first get Kwame Brown from Detroit and then offer him to Toronto for Bosh.  Ya think?
Laker hypocrissy at it's finest.

Bruce Bowen should have retired?  Ha!  Only in you and Popazits world.  Too bad he never got the chance to stuff Kobe -again.

Which team's wagon are you going to hitch yourself to now, Reality?  Why not Orlando?

Certainly not Joey Crawford and companies.  :D
But Orlando for now, oh heavens yes.  Whats the Laker Math now, Gasol and Odor get to foul Howard 5Xs to each of their one? 
Gooo Lakers!!!

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:15 AM »
So nice of you not to offer up the Spurs "garbage" for Bosh.  One player is about to retire, probably should have a year ago, and the other has a chronically bum ankle and hasn't been able to contribute to his team significantly in two years.   Yeah, I'm sure Toronto would jump at the opportunity to part with a young, talented, improving power forward for those two guys ... oh wait, but you'll throw in some picks ... get Colangelo on the line ... pronto!   ;)
Or maybe the Spurs could first get Kwame Brown from Detroit and then offer him to Toronto for Bosh.  Ya think?

And anyone who insisted that such a thing would be a fair trade would be a bigger idiot than the Memphis GM.

Just because the Memphis GM is a fool doesn't mean any of us here are.  Offer that weak stuff up around here, and you'll get called on it - the same way most of us crucified the Memphis GM.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 07:16:17 AM »
And anyone who insisted that such a thing would be a fair trade would be a bigger idiot than the Memphis GM.

Just because the Memphis GM is a fool doesn't mean any of us here are. 
Ah yes that is part of my point that you are validating.

Offer that weak stuff up around here, and you'll get called on it - the same way most of us crucified the Memphis GM.
Get "called" on it.  :D :D  I don't recall but i *HOPE* you called out the Laker posters after the trade came down.  Clowns like W.O.W. saying it was the Lakers shrewdness (etc barf) that made the trade happen.  :D :D
Show me the Laker posts who "crucified the Memphis GM".

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »

Just because the Memphis GM is a fool doesn't mean any of us here are. 
Ah yes that is part of my point that you are validating.

Offer that weak stuff up around here, and you'll get called on it - the same way most of us crucified the Memphis GM.
Get "called" on it.  :D :D  I don't recall but i *HOPE* you called out the Laker posters after the trade came down.  Clowns like W.O.W. saying it was the Lakers shrewdness (etc barf) that made the trade happen.  :D :D
Show me the Laker posts who "crucified the Memphis GM".

No.  I'm not going to go digging through old posts just to see which posters said what about the trade, and I've been adamant every time the trade has been mentioned that I think it was entirely one-sided, I've ridiculed the Memphis GM on several occasions, joked about it every time Kwame Brown's name has been mentioned, and anyone who has read my posts OVER and OVER and OVER again on this knows exactly how I feel about that trade.  Skander was exactly the same way.  Ditto with Caleb.  We called folks who called *THAT* trade even or even "closer than you think" idiots LAST YEAR.  LAST YEAR, Reality.

And what's worse, with your post, you've actually said that you think that trade is okay, because, after all, the rest of us can do it, too.  That bs trade does not mean you get to offer up your own bs trades and not get them called for what they are.

If you want to call the Laker posters clowns, then you have to engage in a DIFFERENT behavior than they do, unless you want to be included in the clown club.  Instead, you're playing the game of "Since I'm intelligent enough to see stupidity, I can behave stupidly, but not be stupid in doing so."  It's the ultimate hypocrisy - the hypocrisy of intellectual elitism.  And I've yet to meet an intellectual elitist who I've respected in any way as being either intellectual OR elitist.

If anyone had offered the Gasol trade on the board prior to it going through, we'd have jumped all over them for offering NOTHING for an ALL-STAR.  We simply didn't because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would have assumed the Memphis GM to be *THAT* *STUPID*.  We only have the post-trade time to discuss it.  Of course, the Laker fans are going to try to justify it;  they don't want to feel like they've just been gifted an All-Star for garbage, and that's the reason they're back at the elite level.  They'd like to believe the building process outside of that - the process that got them back in the playoffs in the first place had something to do with their success.  And in fairness, it did have a lot to do with it, although it was the Gasol deal that propelled them to the top.  But even they know that the trade was woefully one-sided.

So which is it, Reality - is your trade offer what you believe to be a fair offer, or an attempt to "make up" for the Gasol deal which you think is idiotic?

Last year, the Celtics were essentially gifted P.J. Brown, James Posey, and Sam Cassell.  Where was your outrage then?  AS IT STANDS TODAY, the Celtics have more to show for their deal than the Lakers do for theirs.

Kurt Thomas goes from Phoenix to San Antonio via Seattle, and it costs Phoenix 2 draft picks and the Spurs one to make it happen.  Where's your outrage?  Why aren't you upset with the idiocy of the Phoenix Suns?  I'm sure Caleb is...or rather, was.

How about the fairness of a team that sits out a player who is ready to come back, since the season is gone now, anyway, so we're better off losing than winning?  Is *THAT* fair?

You gripe about the Lakers and their fans, but in truth, you want to be JUST LIKE what you're railing against, because THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO EMULATE.  Have a little bit of dignity.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 08:15:35 AM »
No.  I'm not going to go digging through old posts just to see which posters said what about the trade, and I've been adamant every time the trade has been mentioned that I think it was entirely one-sided, I've ridiculed the Memphis GM on several occasions, joked about it every time Kwame Brown's name has been mentioned, and anyone who has read my posts OVER and OVER and OVER again on this knows exactly how I feel about that trade.  Skander was exactly the same way.  Ditto with Caleb.  We called folks who called *THAT* trade even or even "closer than you think" idiots LAST YEAR.  LAST YEAR, Reality.

I remember Skandery calling out WayOutWest.  I remember you accurately calling the trade what it was, a farce.  But then who couldn't see that?  No i don't recall you calling out one single Laker poster who tried to justify the trade.  What brought all this up was msc attempting to dis my trade proposal of GNobBowenPicks.  So yeah, i referenced the Kwame trade of *LAST YEAR*.  What about it?  ::)

And what's worse, with your post, you've actually said that you think that trade is okay, because, after all, the rest of us can do it, too.  That bs trade does not mean you get to offer up your own bs trades and not get them called for what they are.
What's worse is you twisting the notion to the thought that i think the trade of Kwame for Bosh is okay.  You failed to see my sarcasm.  As if i really intended for the Spurs to aquire Kwame Brown and expect Toronto to fall for it/go along with a Collusion.  Like the Memphis GM did.   :D

If you want to call the Laker posters clowns, then you have to engage in a DIFFERENT behavior than they do, unless you want to be included in the clown club.  Instead, you're playing the game of "Since I'm intelligent enough to see stupidity, I can behave stupidly, but not be stupid in doing so."  It's the ultimate hypocrisy - the hypocrisy of intellectual elitism.  And I've yet to meet an intellectual elitist who I've respected in any way as being either intellectual OR elitist.
Not a shred of evidence to support this.  Again, initially on this thread msc brought this on by attempting to dis my trade proposal of GNob, Bowen and picks.  All you've counter offered is Caron Butler, nothing else.  GNob-Bowen and picks could easily be argued to be at least the equal of Butler.  Plus i added on the op, "have you got a better proposal"? -meaning i did not intend for the GNobBownPicks offer to be the end all.

If anyone had offered the Gasol trade on the board prior to it going through, we'd have jumped all over them for offering NOTHING for an ALL-STAR.  We simply didn't because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would have assumed the Memphis GM to be *THAT* *STUPID*.  We only have the post-trade time to discuss it.  Of course, the Laker fans are going to try to justify it;  they don't want to feel like they've just been gifted an All-Star for garbage, and that's the reason they're back at the elite level.  They'd like to believe the building process outside of that - the process that got them back in the playoffs in the first place had something to do with their success.  And in fairness, it did have a lot to do with it, although it was the Gasol deal that propelled them to the top.  But even they know that the trade was woefully one-sided.
Oh no, i can show you posts of their touting Crittertons (sp) potential.  I kid you not.  Marc Gasol also.  Which to your credit Joe, you did respond to that rubbish.  That i do remember.

So which is it, Reality - is your trade offer what you believe to be a fair offer, or an attempt to "make up" for the Gasol deal which you think is idiotic?
Both.  The GNobBowenPics trade is initial and to get the ball rolling.  As i op'd, have you got a better one?  Again, Butler only does not automatically surpass the former just because you might say so.  As to Kwame Brown, of course i was being sarcastic.  That kind of trade would only happen for the Marketing Lakers.
Last year, the Celtics were essentially gifted P.J. Brown, James Posey, and Sam Cassell.  Where was your outrage then?  AS IT STANDS TODAY, the Celtics have more to show for their deal than the Lakers do for theirs.
  Nonsense.  Those three do not equal a 27 year old All Star bigman with offense.
Plus were not PJ Brown and Cassell bought out, able to negotiate with any NBA team.  Kwame for Gasol otoh had Aaron McKie in the mix with the Grizz willing to take on his salary and make him *player coach*.   :D :D :D  For the love of God, can you spell collusion Joe? 

Kurt Thomas goes from Phoenix to San Antonio via Seattle, and it costs Phoenix 2 draft picks and the Spurs one to make it happen.  Where's your outrage?  Why aren't you upset with the idiocy of the Phoenix Suns?  I'm sure Caleb is...or rather, was.
  Kurt Brown is good but he is hardly a multiple year 27 year old all star with an offensive game to go along Timmy Dunks.  Fail.
The Kurt Thomas and Barrdawg to the Spurs was indeed a favor by the ex Spurs then Seattle employee. Huge difference (as posted back then) was EVERY team in the NBA had a shot at them on waivers.  *UNLIKE* the Gasol scam.  HUGE difference.

How about the fairness of a team that sits out a player who is ready to come back, since the season is gone now, anyway, so we're better off losing than winning?  Is *THAT* fair?
  Who are you talking about?  Popavich making George Hill sit for the end of the season and the playoffs?

You gripe about the Lakers and their fans, but in truth, you want to be JUST LIKE what you're railing against, because THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO EMULATE.  Have a little bit of dignity.
Completely failed and i expect you to rise above the Laker Poster tactic of changing a persons posts and then *correcting* those same changes that YOU made.  You'll no doubt have Laker Fan Dan, westkoast etc rushing to the keyboard to slobber over this post(s).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:54:09 AM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »
Just hit him with the tree, Joe.  He will never see the forest.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »

You'll no doubt have Laker Fan Dan, westkoast etc rushing to the keyboard to slobber over this post(s).
Done.

I've also got to retro get to your lame excuses for PopaCements failed implemented strategies of removing George Hill from the backup point while switching Mase from the 2 to the backup point.  We'll get that on the correct thread.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:52 PM »
Joe,

We prefer to be called Jesters.

Thanks,

Laker fans
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »

You'll no doubt have Laker Fan Dan, westkoast etc rushing to the keyboard to slobber over this post(s).
Done.

I've also got to retro get to your lame excuses for PopaCements failed implemented strategies of removing George Hill from the backup point while switching Mase from the 2 to the backup point.  We'll get that on the correct thread.

Glad to know that if you stretch a net from earth to Pluto that most comments will still sail far over your head.

As far as questioning Pop's coaching and using a rookie in playoff games...TRUE Spurs fans wouldn't even think of it.
-Moody Blues

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
What's worse is you twisting the notion to the thought that i think the trade of Kwame for Bosh is okay.  You failed to see my sarcasm.  As if i really intended for the Spurs to aquire Kwame Brown and expect Toronto to fall for it/go along with a Collusion.  Like the Memphis GM did.   :D

No, I saw your sarcasm for what it was:  sour grapes.  You feel that just because the Lakers got away with a garbage deal, you're entitled to one, too. 

Again, initially on this thread msc brought this on by attempting to dis my trade proposal of GNob, Bowen and picks.  All you've counter offered is Caron Butler, nothing else.  GNob-Bowen and picks could easily be argued to be at least the equal of Butler.  Plus i added on the op, "have you got a better proposal"? -meaning i did not intend for the GNobBownPicks offer to be the end all.

Actually, it couldn't, as Butler has spent the season as his team's number one player, a current All-Star.  Ginobilli came into the season hurt, left the season hurt, and there are *STILL* questions as to exactly how serious his injury is.  Washington draft picks will be considerably better than Spurs draft picks.  And I specifically mentioned "along with draft picks and expiring contracts" in my post, as well...not Caron Butler and nothing else.  In fact, in my message, it says, "I'd rather get Caron Butler or Antawn Jamison from Washington, along with draft picks and expiring contracts than a stiff like Dalembert and draft picks and expiring contracts."

Oh no, i can show you posts of their touting Crittertons (sp) potential.  I kid you not.  Marc Gasol also.  Which to your credit Joe, you did respond to that rubbish.  That i do remember.

Again, AFTERWARD.  There's no Laker fan who'd have tried to justify that deal BEFOREHAND.

The GNobBowenPics trade is initial and to get the ball rolling.

...and I'm sure Mitch Kupchak said the same thing.

As i op'd, have you got a better one?  Again, Butler only does not automatically surpass the former just because you might say so.  As to Kwame Brown, of course i was being sarcastic.  That kind of trade would only happen for the Marketing Lakers.

Except I didn't offer Butler only.

Nonsense.  Those three do not equal a 27 year old All Star bigman with offense.

You're right...they only equalled a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Plus were not PJ Brown and Cassell bought out, able to negotiate with any NBA team.  Kwame for Gasol otoh had Aaron McKie in the mix with the Grizz willing to take on his salary and make him *player coach*.   :D :D :D  For the love of God, can you spell collusion Joe? 

Hey, I'm not about to argue that there wasn't collusion going on.  There very well may have been.  And, as you're about to point out, it's not the only time...just the most blatant.

Kurt Brown is good but he is hardly a multiple year 27 year old all star with an offensive game to go along Timmy Dunks.  Fail.
The Kurt Thomas and Barrdawg to the Spurs was indeed a favor by the ex Spurs then Seattle employee.

...and you've just *ADMITTED* collusion...which is more than has been done in the case of Gasol.

Huge difference (as posted back then) was EVERY team in the NBA had a shot at them on waivers.  *UNLIKE* the Gasol scam.  HUGE difference.

Untrue.  San Antonio *TRADED* for Thomas.

Who are you talking about?  Popavich making George Hill sit for the end of the season and the playoffs?

I'm talking about David Robinson, when the lottery prize was Tim Duncan.

Completely failed and i expect you to rise above the Laker Poster tactic of changing a persons posts and then *correcting* those same changes that YOU made.  You'll no doubt have Laker Fan Dan, westkoast etc rushing to the keyboard to slobber over this post(s).

Don't know about "completely failed," since it was a San An fan that referred to your failure to comprehend the message as not being able to see the forest for the trees.
Joe

-----------