Author Topic: Toronto will consider real offers for Bosh  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Toronto will consider real offers for Bosh
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
? Although Carlos Boozer could be headed to Detroit in a free-agent deal in July, there's a chance he'll end up going to Toronto in a package for Chris Bosh. The Bulls remain interested in Bosh, but Luol Deng would have to be part of a package going to the Raptors. The Raptors, privately, are acknowledging for the first time that they might need to trade Bosh, rather than risk losing him to free agency in 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2009/05/30/2009-05-30_these_lakers_ready_for_knockout.html?page=1#ixzz0HI71zEV0&B
(This site is reliable)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Toronto will consider real offers for Bosh
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:40:45 AM »
I'll do Manu and Bowen for Bosh.  Might add a pick or two.
True Manu might return to Tier 1 SG Finals Co-MVP.  He might also injure out for the 3rd straight playoffs. 

Won't try to sell the Raptors on Spurs Garbage (Finley, The Red Retard, injured Fabs altho the expirings could be cap fodder).  Torontos not gonna go for some LaLa collusion of Michael Finley for Bosh.

You got a better offer?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
You want to trade Super-Manu?!?!   

This is too rich. 

So nice of you not to offer up the Spurs "garbage" for Bosh.  One player is about to retire, probably should have a year ago, and the other has a chronically bum ankle and hasn't been able to contribute to his team significantly in two years.   Yeah, I'm sure Toronto would jump at the opportunity to part with a young, talented, improving power forward for those two guys ... oh wait, but you'll throw in some picks ... get Colangelo on the line ... pronto!   ;)

Toronto wouldn't do a deal with Spurs unless it involved Parker or maybe Duncan.  Even then, not likely since Duncan is nearing the end of his career and as far as I know Toronto still high on Calderon.  I don't see much of fit there for those teams to make a trade.   Unless there's an expiring contract for Toronto to dump to clear cap space and go after a big free agent to replace Bosh. 

Sorry dude, that's just the reality of the situation, but thanks for the well needed laugh this a.m.!

Which team's wagon are you going to hitch yourself to now, Reality?  Why not Orlando?  They're young, talented, improving and should be in the thick of things for years to come.  They're ripe for frontrunning and the best part is they're currently about to play in the finals against your largest obsession!  I'd say it's a perfect fit. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:21:10 PM »
Again, very pleased with the ignore feature.  I didn't bother clicking on the thread will I saw msc posted.  Was curious on what he was going to propose as a trade but instead realize that my assumption of the first post was right.  I knew it involved some bs Spurs-related trade even though the title of the thread made it sound like there would be legit trading information.

Wasn't the talk that Bosh was going to go to the Knicks and that was going to be used to lure Lebron James or vice versa?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
I wonder if they'd consider a swap for Dalembert, the salaries are probably close and in 2 years Dalembert's contract expires.  Sixers would throw another player or two into the mix to sweeten the deal. Guess it depends on how desperate they are to move Bosh.  The Sixers can afford to wait for Dalembert's contract to come off their books. Once they have his salary to throw around, they should be able to get the help they need to complete their roster.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:19 PM »
Again, very pleased with the ignore feature.  I didn't bother clicking on the thread will I saw msc posted.  Was curious on what he was going to propose as a trade but instead realize that my assumption of the first post was right.  I knew it involved some bs Spurs-related trade even though the title of the thread made it sound like there would be legit trading information.

Wasn't the talk that Bosh was going to go to the Knicks and that was going to be used to lure Lebron James or vice versa?

I don't do the ignore feature.  I kind of get a kick out or Reality's posts and I never let them bother me (for the most part  ;) )  I get his schtick and know he's a closet Kobe/Laker lover, so it's all good. 

His trade proposal was Manu and Bowen for Bosh ... and maybe a pick or two.

I didn't even read the linked article, but I couldn't resist jabbing him a little ... I can't imagine why he'd want to part with a player the caliber of Kobe for Bosh!   :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »
I wonder if they'd consider a swap for Dalembert, the salaries are probably close and in 2 years Dalembert's contract expires.  Sixers would throw another player or two into the mix to sweeten the deal. Guess it depends on how desperate they are to move Bosh.  The Sixers can afford to wait for Dalembert's contract to come off their books. Once they have his salary to throw around, they should be able to get the help they need to complete their roster.

I don't understand why they want to move him at all unless he's demanded it and/or they feel hes going to leave anyways.

Philly would be lucky to land Bosh but I have a feeling hes going to NYC.  If any player would benefit from moving from where they are at to NYC it would be Bosh, NOT Lebron James.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

Why would the Raptors want to trade a talent like Bosh for garbage like Dalembert?  Bosh will come off the books as well so what is the plus side for Toronto?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:28 PM »
If any player would benefit from moving from where they are at to NYC it would be Bosh, NOT Lebron James.

BIG TIME!!!!  LeBron is going to be a cash machine regardless of where he plays, Bosh could really benefit from the NY exposure.  After watching Bosh in the Olympics I was even more impressed with him as a premier PF, but when he has to carry the load at the C spot it really hurts his game.  That could be the negative in NY, playing C and getting pounded.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »
If any player would benefit from moving from where they are at to NYC it would be Bosh, NOT Lebron James.

BIG TIME!!!!  LeBron is going to be a cash machine regardless of where he plays, Bosh could really benefit from the NY exposure.  After watching Bosh in the Olympics I was even more impressed with him as a premier PF, but when he has to carry the load at the C spot it really hurts his game.  That could be the negative in NY, playing C and getting pounded.

Bosh benefits in NYC like Amare did in Phoenix.  The coaching style would inflate his offensive numbers.

I think Bosh ends up in Miami.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »

Bosh benefits in NYC like Amare did in Phoenix.  The coaching style would inflate his offensive numbers.

I think Bosh ends up in Miami.

Exactly Lurker.  Not only does he benefit from being with D'Antoni stats wise but he is a player who has the qualities to land endorsement deals in NYC much moreso than he would sitting in Canada.  Plus Bosh is familiar with Mike from the summer games last year.  That always helps when you are thinking about moving to a new situation.

Miami could be an interesting place.  If they moved Beasley to the SF spot since Marion is as good as gone and let Bosh play the PF spot that would be a monster team with Wade.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
I'm not sure you can trade Bosh and get any significant value out of him.  To do it, you've got to get Bosh to agree to an extension to make it worth the risk for the team getting Bosh, and for the Raptors, you've got to get real value out of him rather than 3 semi-stiffs who add up to his contract, or else it's better to keep him and let him walk next year, just due to cap considerations.

I think the realistic destination for Bosh is Washington.  Saunders's offense, Arenas and one of the other two (Butler and Jamison), a team that needs to make a change and could use a big, a team that has assets to trade, a team that needs someone to score in the paint.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »
I'm not sure you can trade Bosh and get any significant value out of him.  To do it, you've got to get Bosh to agree to an extension to make it worth the risk for the team getting Bosh, and for the Raptors, you've got to get real value out of him rather than 3 semi-stiffs who add up to his contract, or else it's better to keep him and let him walk next year, just due to cap considerations.

I think the realistic destination for Bosh is Washington.  Saunders's offense, Arenas and one of the other two (Butler and Jamison), a team that needs to make a change and could use a big, a team that has assets to trade, a team that needs someone to score in the paint.

IMO Washington would not be much better than Toronto for Bosh.  I don't think Washington will be a contendor any time soon so losing in NYC would be much more profitable and put Bosh in the media a lot more. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
Who's closer to being a contender, Washington, Miami or Phila?  Bosh would have a better chance in Phila. of contending for a title.  They took the EC champs to six games without Elton Brand in the line-up. You add Brand and Bosh and....

Dalembert is a Canadian national, even though he was born in Haiti.  Speaks French, although that's no so big in Toronto.

The Raptors would get a bigger expiring along with whatever Phila. gives them. What could Washington or Miami give Toronto that would be better than say Jason Smith and/or Lou Williams?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »
Who's closer to being a contender, Washington, Miami or Phila?  Bosh would have a better chance in Phila. of contending for a title.  They took the EC champs to six games without Elton Brand in the line-up. You add Brand and Bosh and....

Dalembert is a Canadian national, even though he was born in Haiti.  Speaks French, although that's no so big in Toronto.

The Raptors would get a bigger expiring along with whatever Phila. gives them. What could Washington or Miami give Toronto that would be better than say Jason Smith and/or Lou Williams?

You add Brand and Bosh so you have two big men who can't play the 5?

Philly made the playoffs but there is no way Andre Ig is equal to Dwayne Wade in terms of perimeter play.