Author Topic: Punk'd night in the NBA!  (Read 8338 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Punk'd night in the NBA!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
Boozer is a cancer who IMO is playing for a contract elsewhere, if I pick a player to keep and start, I go with Milsap, he has inspired a lot of confidence and played very well when he started while Boozer was hurt, he leaves it all on the floor and that matter to me, especially since he has good chops to go with the effort.

"...and that matter to me,..."  ???

You're starting to offend and disgust ME Dan!  Why don't you just start every post with "yo, yo, yo" and end with "ya feel me dawg"?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
While Milsap may be a fan favorite, no amount of effort is going to offset his short commings in the size department.
I wouldn't be overly concerned about Millsap's size.  Boozer is literally one of the worst frontcourt defenders I've seen.  That, combined with his unreliability, and I think I'd pick Millsap quite easily actually.

Millsap will not carry a team to victory on offense, especially in the closing mintues, and Millsap will not get away with single coverage on a lot of the PF's in the league.  Boozer may not be a stopper but IMO he doesn't require constant help to keep it respectable.

Boozer is a cancer who IMO is playing for a contract elsewhere, if I pick a player to keep and start, I go with Milsap, he has inspired a lot of confidence and played very well when he started while Boozer was hurt, he leaves it all on the floor and that matters to me, especially since he has good chops to go with the effort. The size thing is an issue but while he is not a stopper, he is more consistent than Boozer. The problem with the Jazz right now is they are not the typically tough team Sloan is known for, without Okur in the lineup they're undersized and teams like LA just overpower them. Even last night it took a horrible game by Kobe and a bad night at the stripe for them to only lose by 2.

BTW I TOTALLY agree with with you on the situational game clock management. 2.2 seconds is an eternity for LA but Kobe was forced into a bad shot, it happens, but in truth it never should have come down to that, HIT YOUR FREE THROWS PAU!!!!!

Sad...  :-\
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
And Dan, players miss free throws, which has always been something of an oxymoron phrase to me (I know, not quite what I mean) - they are hardly "free", but more like "rebates". Calling them "rebate throws" just sounds fishy. But even a player of Gasol's experience might feel a bit tight playing a postseason road game in a hostile environment.

Doesn't make it less frustrating. But seeing as you are the resident expert on missing free throws in the post season I really I can't argue with you.
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »

You're starting to offend and disgust ME Dan!  Why don't you just start every post with "yo, yo, yo" and end with "ya feel me dawg"?

No excuse but my keyboard is getting quite old and I'm too cheap to replace it, so spare me your pathetic attempts at elitist superiority, that is my gig baby, and quite frankly you stink at it! >:(
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

No excuse but my keyboard is getting quite old and I'm too cheap to replace it, so spare me your pathetic attempts at elitist superiority, that is my gig baby, and quite frankly you stink at it! >:(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think that is what you were going for Dan.  Where the heck is Logan and the other Deep Sleep Operatives aka "Sand Men"?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »

Oddly enough, it is your elitist attitude that has always made me think we had a connection Dan. No one else on this board comes close to me in that department, but I do acknowledge your attempts to emulate and copy me in that regard come...well.....not CLOSE, but at least time zonish.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »

Oddly enough, it is your elitist attitude that has always made me think we had a connection Dan. No one else on this board comes close to me in that department, but I do acknowledge your attempts to emulate and copy me in that regard come...well.....not CLOSE, but at least time zonish.

Reading your posts about being "elite" is like listening to the Gold and Silver Medalists from the Retarded Olympics talking about how they are great athletes. 

Learn to use the freaking "quote" feature already!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

Reading your posts about being "elite" is like listening to the Gold and Silver Medalists from the Retarded Olympics talking about how they are great athletes. 

Learn to use the freaking "quote" feature already!

Learning something new is soooo beneath my elitist brethren as to not even worthy of a .............
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »

What makes my elitism superior to yours buddy boy is that, as my recent revelation regarding my background demonstrates, it is all smoke and mirrors, and thus takes considerably more effort. Naturally bred snobs such as yourself don't have to work at it. Although. given your city of residence, it is rather a big glaring oxymoron to call you a Sacramento snob, so maybe you're a pretender after all.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »
Learning something new is soooo beneath my elitist brethren as to not even worthy of a .............

I beg you to excuse my ignorance.  :'(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »

What makes my elitism superior to yours buddy boy is that, as my recent revelation regarding my background demonstrates, it is all smoke and mirrors, and thus takes considerably more effort. Naturally bred snobs such as yourself don't have to work at it. Although. given your city of residence, it is rather a big glaring oxymoron to call you a Sacramento snob, so maybe you're a pretender after all.

No, Simple Dan, this is not a pretender, but the real thing.

Living in Sacramento has opened JoMal's eyes to a world of elitism he only dreamed about as a small child, growing up in the shadows of Trump Tower, which was hard to do considering it had not been built yet, so your own imaginary world of hardship cannot compare.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 12:29:59 PM »

I beg you to excuse my ignorance.  :'(

As an elitist, I never beg, so I DEMAND your ignorance.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »

Living in Sacramento has opened JoMal's eyes to a world of elitism he only dreamed about as a small child, growing up in the shadows of Trump Tower, which was hard to do considering it had not been built yet, so your own imaginary world of hardship cannot compare.  

Pah-leeze, I read the post from "The Little old Dan from Pasadena" and had to laugh.  Pasadena is to the "hood" what the Kings are to championship heritage.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »

Pah-leeze, I read the post from "The Little old Dan from Pasadena" and had to laugh.  Pasadena is to the "hood" what the Kings are to championship heritage.

You mean a more noble version of the gangbanger, limpwristed, bank-defaulting, ganster rappers who populate the hair waves? Yeah, the media hypes needs their sheep to fleece.     

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

Ever hear of Kings Manor housing project on Fair Oaks and Washington? I grew up in that neighborhood and around Orange Grove and Los Robles, which wasn't called blood alley for nothing. I may not be the ghetto trash you are WOW, but then, who is?
Dan