Author Topic: Punk'd night in the NBA!  (Read 8339 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Punk'd night in the NBA!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »
No, Simple Dan, this is not a pretender, but the real thing.

Living in Sacramento has opened JoMal's eyes to a world of elitism he only dreamed about as a small child, growing up in the shadows of Trump Tower, which was hard to do considering it had not been built yet, so your own imaginary world of hardship cannot compare.  

Pah-leeze, I read the post from "The Little old Dan from Pasadena" and had to laugh.  Pasadena is to the "hood" what the Kings are to championship heritage.

Ever hear of Kings Manor housing project on Fair Oaks and Washington? I grew up in that neighborhood and around Orange Grove and Los Robles, which wasn't called blood alley for nothing. I may not be the ghetto trash you are WOW, but then, who is?

Did they ever tell "jokes" in blood alley pendejo?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »

Living in Sacramento has opened JoMal's eyes to a world of elitism he only dreamed about as a small child, growing up in the shadows of Trump Tower, which was hard to do considering it had not been built yet, so your own imaginary world of hardship cannot compare.  

Pah-leeze, I read the post from "The Little old Dan from Pasadena" and had to laugh.  Pasadena is to the "hood" what the Kings are to championship heritage.

Ever hear of Kings Manor housing project on Fair Oaks and Washington? I grew up in that neighborhood and around Orange Grove and Los Robles, which wasn't called blood alley for nothing. I may not be the ghetto trash you are WOW, but then, who is?

When they talk about pissing contests, guys, it does not refer to who pisses their pants first.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »

When they talk about pissing contests, guys, it does not refer to who pisses their pants first.

:D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
On the subject of clock management:

If the shot clock is off, the game is tied, and you're the visiting team, you:

1) shoot the best shot you can get, with only enough time left for a controlled tip-in, but not enough time for a catch-and-shoot.
2) take the open shot with the clock expiring while the ball is in the air.
3) take the open lay-up while leaving time remaining, and deny the 3.

That's the order of preference.  You never give the home team a chance to win with the last shot.

At home, you always shoot the best shot you can get, leaving no time on the clock, unless the other team has no timeouts, in which case, you can leave less than 1 second.

The idea is that you play for the win on the road, and for overtime at home, unless you're at home and it goes against momentum.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!