Author Topic: Who's winning Monday Night?  (Read 12362 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Who's winning Monday Night?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

Speaking of tech....any programmers care to give me some help/insight as to why I get this error:

Dim x as Integer

For x  = 0 to JomalsAge
   'This is where I put my SQL Statements.
Next x

My PC keeps crashing with the following dialog box error message:

Integer Overflow Error!

Try having more substantial wet dreams.

I must admit that went over my head.  ???  One of us is the dummy here, I just don't know who.....  :-[
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
...it's a superiority complex and hypocrisy.

That's 2 for 2, that makes me PERFECT!  ;D

FYI Bods, it's ONLY a "complex" if you actually feel inferior.  So maybe I'm 1 1/2 for 2.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »
One question, Derek. Did I miss the preemptive warning shot over Dan's bow, or was the "petty, unreadable, jab" post considered the caveat implore.

If there are two things that rile me up more than anything, it's a superiority complex and hypocrisy.  Dan's irked me for quite a while.  My response to his initial jab at Rick (which absolutely was not "just correcting someone's spelling" as Dan tried to pass it off as) was quite tame I thought, and questioning the necessity of it was not out of line.  When Dan responded with the "how can you pick on me, everyone else is worse, what you did took a lot of nerve" post it sends me into a frenzy.

Sorry you feel that way Derek, I suppose my brand of humor is a little too subtle to pick up on but if you think it was more than just correcting someone's spelling, you're assuming too much. All I can say is if I irk you as much as Reality irks me, I at least understand you going into a frenzy.

Your assumption that I am elitist or feel I am superior to anyone here puts you I daresay, in the same hypocritical position wherein you place me, because you assume you know enough about me to hit me with that label. By way of a little background, I am a 9th grade drop out from a badly broken home in a very bad neighborhood with a fairly extensive juvenile police record who had a VERY BAD drug problem as a youth, does that sound superior to you? I educated myself and rose above the doom that was my future because I believe everyone is capable of rising above their circumstances, so if I come across the way you describe, perhaps it is because I never want to be hit with the opposing label, I've worked too hard in my 50 years to shed that old personality, so yeah, maybe I'm a little sensitive and critical of those who make no effort themselves, but it is not elitism, it is fear of regressing.

That said, I take your point that I too have been guilty of what I accuse Reality of, but when we talk scale, I think I use a peashooter compared to his howitzer, not even close Derek, not even close. However, seeing as it irritates you so much, I will no longer mention this person nor offer my opinion concerning him or his over the top antics. sorry if my altogether mild by comparison comments prompted this from you when it never seems to faze you from him, that, my friend, is no less hypocritical than you accuse me of being.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:58:44 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »
That said, I take your point that I too have been guilty of what I accuse Reality of, but when we talk scale, I think I use a peashooter compared to his howitzer, not even close Derek, not even close.

First off, that is one hell of a sentence.  I bit overly complicated/run on IMO, not incorrect but not efficient either.  FYI, that comes from writting AWESOME code and not from any gramatical knowledge. ;D 

...over the top antics. sorry if my altogether...

Second, you did it again you senile old far....wait, wait, wait...we're trying to heal here...I respectfully suggest you review your post for a possible error regarding capitolization and punctuation sir.

Third, I think you missed the Bods point about not correcting your two favorite posters.  Bods basically said he ignores them, or at least one of them so a lot of what you think should be "addressed" is missed because that poster(s) ENTIRE post(s) are/is ignored.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »

Speaking of tech....any programmers care to give me some help/insight as to why I get this error:

Dim x as Integer

For x  = 0 to JomalsAge
   'This is where I put my SQL Statements.
Next x

My PC keeps crashing with the following dialog box error message:

Integer Overflow Error!

Try having more substantial wet dreams.

I must admit that went over my head.  ???  One of us is the dummy here, I just don't know who.....  :-[

Sorry, wrong forum.

What I meant to say was that you are an elitist podperson of questionable heritage who "claims" to be of Hispanic heritage but has obvious Belarusian eyebrows, like you thought I wouldn't notice.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
If there are two things that rile me up more than anything, it's a superiority complex and hypocrisy.  Dan's irked me for quite a while. 

Just a suggestion, but why not just tell him straight out that his style bugs you and take it down a notch. I would think he could handle that just fine.

And, again, I don't view myself as any sort of authority or moderating presence on the board.  I will not ban anyone.  That's not what I want.  I have enough of a headache in my daily life to have to come home and worry about stupid crap.  This is coming purely as a co-poster on the community.  It's stupid back and forths (that Dan is very much a part of) that is making it almost unbearable to come here and try to even read (much less post) on this section of the forum.

Derek, we all apparently need some confrontation in our lives so those daily headaches you mention don't compound into our daily lives. This forum, of which I have to say we all greatly appreciate your part in maintaining it, whatever that may be, helps us all to have an audience so we can voice our superiority complex issues safely instead of standing on a street corner, hoping someone walks by close enough so none of us look like loons.

I'm not the only one, right?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
Just a suggestion, but why not just tell him straight out that his style bugs you and take it down a notch. I would think he could handle that just fine.

i tried with my first post.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 01:58:46 AM »

i tried with my first post.

No, you didn't.

I've always liked you Derek, always thought you fair and unbiased. Now I find myself rather surprised you have been irritated by my posting style after all these years; primarily because from what I gather, (forgive me if I am wrong here) you seem to have lacked the intestinal fortitude to let me know straight up far earlier then the  "frenzy" you seemed to have reached regarding said posting style that I irked you. If it was because you chose to ignore me, I am all the more askance at your choosing this occasion to make your feelings known, given the muted nature of the alleged offense in question. Am I misreading something here? Or do my weak attempts at verbal jousting come across as arrogant preening as you seem to feel they do?
Dan

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My thoughts
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
#4 -- From what's happened so far in the playoffs, Derek Rose is the real deal.  Boston should thank the good lord for Rajon Rondo, or they'd be down 0-2.  Cleveland is stronger then I gave them credit for.  The Lakers look nigh invulnerable, my poor Jazz. :'( 
I can't wait for Boozer's sissy hide to opt out this summer so we can sign Paul Millsap and perhaps then we won't always, ALWAYS take the 1st freakin quarter off.  At this point I'm really wondering if the Jazz are ever, eeeeever, EEEEEVER, going to play a 1st quarter.  I haven't seen it all season. 

Rajon Rondo is carrying Boston.  Game 3 he went 8-15 from the field with 20 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, and that was his worst game of the series.

The Spurs are only going to go as far as Tony Parker can take them.  Games 1 and 3 he played poorly and they lost, game 2 he played fabulous and they won.

For Chicago to advance Derek Rose must play a lot closer to his game one performance, than games 2-3.  That is a pretty tall order.

Carlos Boozer really stepped it up, brought a big time game, but lets be honest, could Kobe have played much worse?  If it is going to take Kobe going 5-24 for the Jazz to get a shot to win the game, then this is over in 5.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 09:24:19 AM »
Am I misreading something here? Or do my weak attempts at verbal jousting come across as arrogant preening as you seem to feel they do?

Oh, oh, oh....can I answer that question?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 09:31:40 AM »
Rajon Rondo is carrying Boston.  Game 3 he went 8-15 from the field with 20 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, and that was his worst game of the series.

Agreed, this kid has grown up really quick.  I don't know if he's streaky or what but the Bulls are going to have to play Rondo for the outside shot and then they're going to be in real trouble.  IMO I still give Rondo plenty of space and let him fire away, better that than allow him to drive and shot or drive and dish.

The Spurs are only going to go as far as Tony Parker can take them.  Games 1 and 3 he played poorly and they lost, game 2 he played fabulous and they won.

I think the Spurs will not lose another game at home, TD is not looking 100% so the role players are going to have to step to try and stretch the series but since the Mavs now have HC they will probably win in 6.

Carlos Boozer really stepped it up, brought a big time game, but lets be honest, could Kobe have played much worse?  If it is going to take Kobe going 5-24 for the Jazz to get a shot to win the game, then this is over in 5.

Keep in mind that DWill also had a poor game, the Jazz might be able to hold on their HC and stretch this series out but IMO the Lakers should end this in 6 at most if Bynum can stay on the court and Kobe can play at his normal level.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

And bear in mind as terrible as Kobe played last night that game was still in doubt with 2 seconds to go. If Gasol had just hit his free throws, (which was very uncharacteristic of him), we would have won that game. All in all, as bad as LA played to lose by 2 tells you how doomed the Jazz are.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

And bear in mind as terrible as Kobe played last night that game was still in doubt with 2 seconds to go. If Gasol had just hit his free throws, (which was very uncharacteristic of him), we would have won that game. All in all, as bad as LA played to lose by 2 tells you how doomed the Jazz are.

Can we bring this thread back to disparaging one another please!!! ::)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:07 AM »

Can we bring this thread back to disparaging one another please!!! ::)

No, you have already stated your distaste for people going after your biggest target, and seeing as I have NO originality when it comes to insults, I am going to leave you alone lest I get another scolding.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »
No, you have already stated your distaste for people going after your biggest target, and seeing as I have NO originality when it comes to insults, I am going to leave you alone lest I get another scolding.

[SCOLD]
WUSS!  Did you get your dress back from the cleaners Dan?
[/SCOLD]
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"