Author Topic: Who's winning Monday Night?  (Read 12336 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Who's winning Monday Night?
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »
Chicago (1-0) @ Boston (0-1)

Dallas (1-0) @ San Antonio (0-1)

Both wins were technically upsets, although the West was so close this year, I'm not sure that matters. Injuries are playing a big part in both series. 

Without Garnett, Boston looks to be in serious trouble- makes you reconsider him for MVP status if the Celtics fold up. Ray-Ray and PP better get it together quick or the Bulls will make it to the 2nd round.

Without Ginobli, the Spurs are missing that special component that makes the Spurs. Some of their role players had bad games, and if they can get that turned around, they can get back in the series. Unfortunately, their matched up against Dallas, and Dirk is at the top of his game.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who's winning Monday Night?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »
Nice recoveries by the favored teams last night.  Ray Allen started shooting, and the Celts needed every one of his 30 points including a buzzer beater to overcome Ben Gordon's 42.

Parker was incredible for the Spurs as well, the Mavericks don't have a guard to stay in front of him.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »
Without Garnett, Boston is looking very ordinary.  Granted, you shouldn't lose to teams that live on the outside shot the way Gordon does, but as it stands, Boston is in completely the same boat, with Allen, Pierce, and even Big Baby taking jumpers rather than going strong to the goal.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
There's one simple reason why Boston is playing horribly, Garnett is out for the season, now Powe is done with a torn ACL and Danny Ainge had a heart attack:  Stephon Marbury.  Boston sold their souls by signing this horrible cancer and the Basketball Gods are making sure they pay the ultimate price.  Even though it's in my genetics to hate Boston I almost feel sorry for them.  But they danced with the Devil and now they must pay the price. 

Big ups to Chicago for taking it too them, but it's not Chicago that's the culprit here. 

Nice win by SA last night.  Parker's aggression and unwillingness to let his team lose was impressive.  This kid has really come a long way in his career and deserves every accolade that can be thrown his way for being one of the premier PG's in the league.  While Dallas is playing better, I think last nights game heavily swayed the momentum to the Spurs. 

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:05:22 PM »
Parker's aggression and unwillingness to let his team lose was impressive.  This kid has really come a long way in his career and deserves every accolade that can be thrown his way for being one of the premier PG's in the league.  While Dallas is playing better, I think last nights game heavily swayed the momentum to the Spurs. 

Not just swayed the momentum, despite losing (LOSING, see how that is spelled boys? Rick?) homecourt with the game one loss. the Spurs are now in the drivers seat and should finish this in 6. Parker was out of his mind last night, Dallas never has had a anyone who can guard him and if Popovich gets the message that was on display last night, he will run Parker down their throats every game from here on out, giving Duncan all the room he needs to work his magic.
Dan

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
Not just swayed the momentum, despite losing (LOSING, see how that is spelled boys? Rick?)

Is this pettiness really necessary?

All of these jabs are really beginning to make this board unreadable.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
Not just swayed the momentum, despite losing (LOSING, see how that is spelled boys? Rick?)

So ban me then, Reality can crawl into the gutter with all of his vitriolic hate, insults and garbage he spews, WOW and everyone else can be drawn into his little traps and nary a word from you Derek, I correct someone's spelling and that's what I get? Please! Do what you need to, just hold everyone to the same standards, he should have been banned years ago. I post every once in a blue moon precisely because of him and you come off on me like that? For that pathetic little post? I think that takes a lot of nerve.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:55:47 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

So ban me then, Reality can crawl into the gutter with all of his vitriolic hate, insults and garbage he spews, WOW and everyone else can be drawn into his little traps and nary a word from you Derek, I correct someones spelling and that's what I get? Please! Do what you need to, just hold everyone to the same standards, he should have been banned years ago. I post every once in a blue moon precisely because of him and you come off on me like that? For that pathetic little post? I think that take a lot of nerve

Listen I get where you both are coming from.  I have crossed the line a few times, most often with Rick, but this board is really degenerating.  No one posts any more, and when we do it often turns into a great big pissing match.  Used to love to come here and shoot the s about basketball and lots of other stuff.  Anymore though it has become very frustrating.  Way to personal, and way to much stuff trying to elicit a reaction.  It is only going to get better if we all change how we approach it.

One thing that really pisses me off though.  I have had endure 5 miserable years in the wilderness, losses piled upon losses, by a bunch of losers (until about 2 years ago).  The Blazers finally get back into the playoffs and I have a chance to really get into playoff basketball, and now no one posts anymore.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »

Anymore though it has become very frustrating.  Way to personal, and way to much stuff trying to elicit a reaction.

One thing that really pisses me off though.  I have had endure 5 miserable years in the wilderness, losses piled upon losses, by a bunch of losers (until about 2 years ago).  The Blazers finally get back into the playoffs and I have a chance to really get into playoff basketball, and now no one posts anymore.

I know exactly how you feel Zig, however virtually EVERY SINGLE BIT of the hate, baiting, silly childishness, and utter shameless attempts elicit NEGATIVE reactions come from one source, and one source only, it is that source that has kept me off this board. I make one little innocuous jab at someone's penchant for misspelling lose and I get what I got from Derek? Strikes me as unbelievably trite. Maybe I overreacted but the double standard did everything but kick my teeth in, metaphorically speaking.

I used to love coming in here and mixing it up with the adults on this board, JoMal's rapier wit, JN's insight Lurker's objectivity, Joe's knowledge of the X's and 0's, Skander's great takes, MSC's dry accurate analysis, your excellent read of talent, even WOW's, shall we say, less than affable style. All the great off topic posts, all the GOOD-NATURED smack talk and grief we would give each other, would t'were that were so once again, but one person simply cannot let that be the norm. That one person is not happy unless they're flaming someone, not smack talking but insulting, not taking a poke at someone but going for the gutter every time, one person who personifies the moronic idiocy of Jeff Van Gundy, the brain dead rambling of Bill Walton, and the loud mouthed ranting stupidity of Mark Cuban all rolled into one. Sorry if that comes across harsh guys, but it just that kind of fingernails on the chalkboard, fanhome type garbage that has made this board less fun than it used to be, pity it has gotten to this point. I started a thread for serious predictions concerning post season hoping we could get some down to brass tacks takes on who had a shot because I simply could not bring myself to offer a comment on any one of the millions of posts this clown throws up here on a daily basis, it has gotten just that bad.

Congrats on your teams success thus far Zig, hope they go all the way to the WCF, because I won't be truly happy unless we beat the best and having caught Utah too early for them to get rolling, that means we need to face Portland, seems to me we could be going back to the old MSNBC board days when we all first got to know each other and the rivalry between the Lakers and Blazers was at a fever pitch, great fun those days were!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:01:26 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:10:37 AM »
I used to love coming in here and mixing it up with the adults on this board, JoMal's rapier wit, JN's insight Lurker's objectivity, Joe's knowledge of the X's and 0's, Skander's great takes, MSC's dry accurate analysis, your excellent read of talent, even WOW's, shall we say, less than affable style. all the great off topic posts, all the GOOD-NATURED smack talk and grief we would give each other, would t'were that were so once again, but one person simply cannot let that be the norm.

...affable style. all the great off topic posts, ....

style. all....

I'm not a grammar-God or anything but I thought that should be a capitol "a"....I guess I really don't know anything about spelling and grammar.  :-*

P.S.  Don't hate cause I know more about B-Ball than most of you put together AND I would ShaqOwn y'all on a REAL b-ball court!  YES I'M TALKING TO JOE V AND SKANDYPANTIES! OWN I TELL YA!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 08:09:58 AM »

So ban me then, Reality can crawl into the gutter with all of his vitriolic hate, insults and garbage he spews, WOW and everyone else can be drawn into his little traps and nary a word from you Derek, I correct someone's spelling and that's what I get? Please! Do what you need to, just hold everyone to the same standards, he should have been banned years ago. I post every once in a blue moon precisely because of him and you come off on me like that? For that pathetic little post? I think that takes a lot of nerve.

Please do!. Mr. Innocent here is quite obnoxious here. Everything is perceived as a slight, and he comes back with insults.  Most of the rest of them are pleasant enough, it's only a few who take things too far in my opinion.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »
Please do!. Mr. Innocent here is quite obnoxious here. Everything is perceived as a slight, and he comes back with insults.  Most of the rest of them are pleasant enough, it's only a few who take things too far in my opinion.

In case you didn't know, different people have different tolerances.  What you consider "too far" may be well beyond what Dan considers "too far".  You are always taking jabs at people intelligence, after claiming you "changed", using terms like "dense" may be "too far" for some people's taste. 

I don't take anything here too seriously, other than the b-ball talk.  It's a tough line for me to walk, I'm obviously smarter than any of you and at the same time way more ghetto.  :(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
Most of the rest of them are pleasant enough, it's only a few who take things too far in my opinion.

Sayeth the pot to the kettle
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

...affable style. all the great off topic posts, ....

style. all....

I'm not a grammar-God or anything but I thought that should be a capitol "a"....I guess I really don't know anything about spelling and grammar.  :-*

P.S.  Don't hate cause I know more about B-Ball than most of you put together AND I would ShaqOwn y'all on a REAL b-ball court!  YES I'M TALKING TO JOE V AND SKANDYPANTIES! OWN I TELL YA!

You got me WOW, savor the flavor because it a rare thing indeed, and it has since been corrected. As far as your basketball knowledge, yes, you are smarter than b-ballpro, too bad he doesn't post here, wait, maybe he does...
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
My thoughts
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28:52 AM »
Random Thoughts, etc.

#1 -- This board is still just about the best board I read regularly, although the long, meaningful (change the way you think about the world) are fewer, now.  They still happen on a semi-regular basis; interestingly, a-lot about topics other than basketball.  There really hasn't been that spark ignited on the subject of basketball, no matter how hard Ziggy tries.  ;D

#2 -- With Part-time job, Full-time Doctorate program, Requisit 1/3rd of my life sleeping, family-life, I don't get a chance to post near as much as I want to.  It was a lot easier having my 40 hour gig, with about 32 of those in front of a computer to come on here and wax philosophic.  I still read daily.

#3 -- Reality hasn't really changed since I started posting regularly (~ May 2005).  Randy always, ALWAYS had a huge problem with him and then finally left.  Westkoast always enjoyed jabbing with him but for whatever reason got more and more frustrated and I haven't seen him back in a while.  WOW just likes getting into it for the mental (and childishly silly) back and forth.  My stance on Reality hasn't really changed from Day 1.  He is first and foremost, a Laker Hater (always wondered if this was a San Diego thing or just Reality);  secondly a Spurs fan, thirdly a HUGE Popavich critic, and fourth a guy who throws out so many posts, ideas, jokes, etc. that once in a blue moon something interesting comes out.  I will never understand how some people take Reality so gosh-darn seriously.  I'd wager a good 75% of what he posts, he does so tongue-n-cheek.  Plus how many character do you meet that are true Anti-Fans;  I haven't met very many. 

#4 -- From what's happened so far in the playoffs, Derek Rose is the real deal.  Boston should thank the good lord for Rajon Rondo, or they'd be down 0-2.  Cleveland is stronger then I gave them credit for.  The Lakers look nigh invulnerable, my poor Jazz. :'( 
I can't wait for Boozer's sissy hide to opt out this summer so we can sign Paul Millsap and perhaps then we won't always, ALWAYS take the 1st freakin quarter off.  At this point I'm really wondering if the Jazz are ever, eeeeever, EEEEEVER, going to play a 1st quarter.  I haven't seen it all season. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."