Author Topic: Gerald Wallace injury update?  (Read 11361 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Gerald Wallace injury update?
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »
Saw Wallace get injured on a flagrant foul commited by Bynum.  Initial reports were a broken rib or possibly a collapsed lung.  How serious are those injuries?  How much of a time frame for recovery?  The Bobcats are really playing well since the trade under Larry Brown and they are trying to make a push for the playoffs and it would suck for them to have to deal with a major injury right now.

Did I mention Larry Brown is "Da Man"?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gerald Wallace injury update?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:53:45 PM »
From ESPN...

Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace has a partially-collapsed lung and a rib injury following a collision in Tuesday night's overtime win over the Los Angeles Lakers, the Bobcats said Wednesday.

Wallace was diagnosed as having between 30 and 40 percent of his left lung collapsed and a non-displaced fracture of the fifth rib after being examined at a Los Angeles hospital. He had a chest tube inserted to help restore the lung to functional capacity, but will remain hospitalized for the next 48 hours for observation, the team said.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:00:17 PM »
Wow he's Terry Cloth soft if that is what happened.  Could you imagine this guy in a fight? Jesus.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »
Bynum made no play on the ball, just an elbow to the chest.  With Wallace' forward momentum compounded by the vicious elbow.  You have a collapsed lung --> a situation that possibly could have killed Wallace. 

The consequence of a flagrant event should factor into the requisite punishment.  Bynum made no play on the ball, this action constitutes a flagrant.  Wallace endured a collapsed lung and multiple-day hospitalization.  I don't see how Bynum isn't being suspended for a lengthy amount of time.  This is the opportunity to send a message about flagrancies and why there are rules against them for JUST THIS type of consequence.

No I'm sure we'll instead get the NBA's usual double standard.  Had Nazr Mohammed done this to Kobe Bryant, he probably would have been suspended indefinitely!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »
Bynum made no play on the ball, just an elbow to the chest.  With Wallace' forward momentum compounded by the vicious elbow.  You have a collapsed lung --> a situation that possibly could have killed Wallace. 

The consequence of a flagrant event should factor into the requisite punishment.  Bynum made no play on the ball, this action constitutes a flagrant.  Wallace endured a collapsed lung and multiple-day hospitalization.  I don't see how Bynum isn't being suspended for a lengthy amount of time.  This is the opportunity to send a message about flagrancies and why there are rules against them for JUST THIS type of consequence.

No I'm sure we'll instead get the NBA's usual double standard.  Had Nazr Mohammed done this to Kobe Bryant, he probably would have been suspended indefinitely!

Did you notice that guy named Bell on the Bobcats?  Do you remember what he did to who and the punishment?  Makes Bynums fould look like a love tap.  IMO what Bynum did was a typical hard foul, seen it tons of times especially from the Celtics and Pistons.  No big deal, just a freaky kind of "speed meets brick wall".  There was ZERO intent to hurt Wallace.  Definately a flagrant and NOTHING more.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »
fine job Skandery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw&eurl=http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115430

No wonder you don't know squat about basketball, you watch games on a gaining piece of crap TV.  :D

Try this, it's how us "grown folk" watch basketball: http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=783
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
Try this, it's how us "grown folk" watch basketball: http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=783

How is that not a cheap shot? Bynum definitely had a play on the ball, and he puts his elbow into the guy's armpit. If I were a Bobcat, I'm putting my elbow through "A-Train's" punkbeeyotch face on the next play. I hope somebody wipes this little walnut-brain out.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »

You make it sound as if Bynum threw him off the other side of the ring and did a Hulk Hogan smash to his ribs.  Bynum didn't just give him a sharp elbow.  When he went to foul him he turned his body which is why he ended up nailing him with his elbow.  It was not done on purpose and I don't see why he should be suspended.  Flagrant? Yea I can see where people would have said call that.  They do call it for less.    The play where Gasol got his head smacked hard earlier in the game was worse .   If they suspended Bynum then they would have to suspend this guy as well.  Same thing you are saying happened in that play except it wasn't really in traffic.

Do you think it's fair to wait to hear what the injury might have been before someone gets suspended for it?  Had Wallace not got a collapsed lung but just a bruised rib I don't think you would be yelling for a suspension.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:06:50 AM by westkoast »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »

How is that not a cheap shot? Bynum definitely had a play on the ball, and he puts his elbow into the guy's armpit. If I were a Bobcat, I'm putting my elbow through "A-Train's" punkbeeyotch face on the next play. I hope somebody wipes this little walnut-brain out.

Bad attempt at being WOW.  I'd be insulted if I was him.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 01:24:44 PM »
It must suck to have to defend a petulant, locker-room-cancer, journeyman-level snot-nosed cheap-shot artist who gives himself nicknames as if he's Shaquille O'Neal or something.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 01:59:08 PM »
It must suck to have to defend a petulant, locker-room-cancer, journeyman-level snot-nosed cheap-shot artist who gives himself nicknames as if he's Shaquille O'Neal or something.

Closer but there was no racist insults in there.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »

Closer but there was no racist insults in there.

Yea..Ted pretty much sucks....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Yea..Ted pretty much sucks....

Ted,
You're up against the WoWkoast consortium.  Sure you want to tangle with that gang?