Author Topic: Gerald Wallace injury update?  (Read 11370 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gerald Wallace injury update?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 02:39:23 PM »
Yea..Ted pretty much sucks....

Ted,
You're up against the WoWkoast consortium.  Sure you want to tangle with that gang?

Yea Ted, you might want to learn a lesson from Reality.  WOW put his face in the dictionary under 'owned'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »

Ted,
You're up against the WoWkoast consortium.  Sure you want to tangle with that gang?

I'm pretty sure Ted doesn't agree with your choice of "life style" so IMO it's in poor taste for you to post your "fantasy boys" pictures on this board.  :o
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 02:43:51 PM »

Ted,

Yea Ted, you might want to learn a lesson from Reality.  WOW put his face in the dictionary under 'owned'

Word!  I just wish Reality had combed his hair for the photo.  :(

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 05:43:43 PM »

Well, you see, I've seen WoW face to face, and in a fight he would probably kick my butt, or at least shiv or shank me before I knew what hit me. I do know that if I saw him coming, I could definitely outrun him.

As far as koast, I've never had a problem "dealing" with "consultants."
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »

Well, you see, I've seen WoW face to face, and in a fight he would probably kick my butt, or at least shiv or shank me before I knew what hit me. I do know that if I saw him coming, I could definitely outrun him.

That's because you Mormons seem to have a lot of funds and cut the check right away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »
That's because you Mormons seem to have a lot of funds and cut the check right away.

That's right. We're rich b*tch!!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

No shame shanking someone with their back to you, it's actually the safest approach.  ;D  Tru DAT biz-nakles!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 01:16:39 AM »
No shame shanking someone with their back to you, it's actually the safest approach.    Tru DAT biz-nakles!

Like players, like fans.  Stay classy!  8)

The play where Gasol got his head smacked hard earlier in the game was worse.

koast . . .

Punctured. Lung!  'Nuff said.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 10:32:32 AM »
No shame shanking someone with their back to you, it's actually the safest approach.    Tru DAT biz-nakles!

Like players, like fans.  Stay classy!  8)

The play where Gasol got his head smacked hard earlier in the game was worse.

koast . . .

Punctured. Lung!  'Nuff said.

Skandery you can't wait until you hear about what happened to make your decision like that.  He just as easily could have had a bruised rib and you wouldn't be calling for his head.

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »
My point is that consequences of flagrant actions should count.  Don't agree?

okay . . .

. . . we're partying, hangin' out, somebody pulls out a handgun they just bought.  Everyone oohs and ahs, everything is cool.  Its not loaded, somebody messes around and pulls a hole through the drywall.  You feel the rush, get scared then laugh about it, oh well, no harm, no foul. 

Same situation, bullet goes through somebody's head.  Hmmmmmm . . . Plenty harm, plenty foul. 

The Law looks at the same EXACT SITUATION differently depending on the consequence.  Why not as it pertains to flagrant actions/player safety for NBA regulations.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »

okay . . .

. . . we're partying, hangin' out, somebody pulls out a handgun they just bought.  Everyone oohs and ahs, everything is cool.  Its not loaded, somebody messes around and pulls a hole through the drywall.  You feel the rush, get scared then laugh about it, oh well, no harm, no foul. 

Same situation, bullet goes through somebody's head.  Hmmmmmm . . . Plenty harm, plenty foul. 

The Law looks at the same EXACT SITUATION differently depending on the consequence.  Why not as it pertains to flagrant actions/player safety for NBA regulations.

Flagrant in the game? Sure.  Full on suspension? No.  You watched the replay in slow motion in just that spot.  The game was flowing like normal so it's not just as simple as saying "he planned to do that."  You can't tell me you've never seen a slasher jump into the middle of traffic and get nailed by a big man before?

Um are you really trying to compare a criminal situation with a gun to a guy getting nailed by a big man turning into someone?  Wow.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 12:35:21 PM »
Skander, the league did re-evaluate based upon the consequences.  They upgraded the foul to a flagrant-2.  The only problem I have with this is that if it was called F-2 at the time Bynum would have been immediately ejected. That could have changed the outcome of the game...without Bynum maybe the Lakers lose in regulation.  Now the Lakers won't lose his services at all.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

okay . . .

Skandy,

Do you know the difference between "man slaughter" and "murder"?

Bynum was punished accordingly for "man slaughter" and not for "murder".
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 05:22:49 PM »
The game was flowing like normal so it's not just as simple as saying "he planned to do that."  You can't tell me you've never seen a slasher jump into the middle of traffic and get nailed by a big man before?

I think your failing to see my point.  In the analogy, its the same "Action", but a different "Consequence".  I'm not saying Bynum planned to puncture Wallace' lung.  No.  I'm saying Bynum commited a flagrant action (something you agree with) . . . flagrant defined as unnecessary, Bynum was TOO LATE to perform a legitimate basketball play, but I digress . . . and that flagrant action resulted in a multi-day hospital stay and a punctured lung.  It MIGHT have resulted in Wallace' death.  Good thing for Gerald Wallace AND Andrew Bynum it didn't.

You don't like my handgun in a party analogy (btw I used that one b/c I witnessed it firsthand), lets go with pick-up basketball. 
Your teammate gets beat, you're too late to help so you push the offensive player out of the air (lets say its a close heated game where every point counts and both teams want to win bad).  This is the unchanging GIVEN, westkoast. 

Scenario A:  Guy gets up, pissed off at you for the dirty play, but otherwise unscathed.  Words exchanged, foul called, their ball.

Scenario B:  Guy trys to break his fall awkwardly and breaks his Humeres severing a brachial artery.  Ambulance is called and he's rushed away in a gurney as he begins to go into shock from blood loss.

Question:  Do you feel the same way about the situation in both scenario's?  Would other people on the court feel the same way about the incident depending on what happened?  After all, its a man's game, every point counted, and you did the hardnosed play.  You didn't mean to injure him, you just didn't want to give up the easy layup.  Do you understand?

There are rules against flagrant plays to prevent the worst types of injuries from occuring.  What makes Bynum's actions even more dubious is that it was in a meaningless regular season game.  And the law differentiates between the SAME ACTION depending on the ensuing CONSEQUENCE.  If that player your pushed wanted to sue you for Assault and Punitive Damages, he would sure have an easier time convincing the Judge in Scenario B that he would in Scenario A.  Even though, you, Westkoast, performed the SAME ACTION with the same INTENTIONS in both scenario's.     
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:29:41 PM by Skandery »

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Bynum was punished accordingly for "man slaughter" and not for "murder".

WOW,

Bynum wasn't punished for "manslaughter".  Bynum WASN'T punished!