Author Topic: I friggin hate the phillies  (Read 28878 times)

jemagee

Re: I friggin hate the phillies
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »
Joe Blanton is awesome

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »
6 IP, 8 hits, 3 walks, 5 ER's, 1 k.

Helluva debut.

jemagee

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »
And Ramon Castro just Tattooed the ball...after walking the previous hitter, on 4 pitches

However, since this team has seem to have forgotten that walks aren't evil (pedro feliz has contaminated this team as I knew he would...god damn you ed wade)...what's it matter if the offense stays dormant as it has the past couple weeks.

On the plus side, joe blanton isn't as far at jose mesa yet, but now he has easy access to cheese steaks

jemagee

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
The mets bull pen sucks

this doesn't change the fact that blanton stunk

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
Thank heavens for the Mets.

BTW, are you sure that wasn't Eaton on the mound.  I couldn't tell the difference.

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »
Thank heavens for the Mets.

BTW, are you sure that wasn't Eaton on the mound.  I couldn't tell the difference.

BTW...you want to feel pain, check out Happs last two strats in AAA, he wasn't that bad and the phils would still have the prospects.

Thank heavens for the mets bullpen, wagners back spasms are helpful

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2008, 11:05:25 PM »
Saw the end of tonights Phils-Mets game.
Unreal.
5-2 Mets entering the 9th.
Johan Santana cannot catch a break with this Mets bullpen.

Is this a season changing game for the Phillies?  ;)

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 08:50:18 AM »
Only if they get to face the Mets bullpen sans closer every game

Offline doc

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
This is pure curiosity. Anyone know if the Phils have an option for Benson for next year? Like a team option? Or does he have a player option?

jemagee

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 07:18:32 PM »
Brett Myers is broken

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »
There are reports that Happ could be on his way up. Our pitching is in shambles.

After Cole:
Myers- he is a mess. I am an optimistic person and hoped he could turn it around, but he is a mess and if he next couple starts are like his last one, they can't finish the season with him.
Blanton- Two starts. First one bad. Yesterday, two runs in two innings before rain delay.
Moyer- A 4 or 5 who is our 2 by default.
Kendrick- A 4 or 5 who is our 3 by default, and I believe he lost his last two starts.

I know Brett makes too much to be a relief pitcher, but could this be an option if his next two starts are a failure?

jemagee

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
I love the focus on the pitching, it distracts from the fact that the offense is basically in the toilet as well

This team is a mess

I know Brett makes too much to be a relief pitcher, but could this be an option if his next two starts are a failure?

Closers are relief pitchers to me...an inning is an inning

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »
I love the focus on the pitching, it distracts from the fact that the offense is basically in the toilet as well

We can only clean up one mess at a time. Nonetheless, even despite our recent problems, the offense is still 2nd in the NL in runs scored, and 6th during the month of July.

Meanwhile, since the All-Star break our pitching has given up 9, 3, 6, 6, 3, 8, 9, & 10 runs. Thats 6.75 runs per game over the last 8. It is difficult to win giving up that many runs.

While I agree that the offense has looked bad, starting pitching is the reason this team will struggle to win the division, as opposed to having a legit shot at contending.

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:16 AM »
What I've heard:

The team has had enough of Ryan Howard.  They've tried to build their identity as a group of guys that really work hard, and his work ethic isn't really up to par.  He's pretty much bought into the idea that he's leaving when his arbitration years are up.  When guys like Utley and Rollins are trying to be leaders, he's not really on board.

This shouldn't excuse Rollins for all of his issues this, but I think his frustration with a situation like this could be adding to what ails him.

jemagee

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »
And where did you hear this?

This would just demonstrate the phillies idiocy, and they might as well trade Howard now, because if they don't want him, someone will...he'd make a great DH in the AL....

The phillies are just terrible