Author Topic: Sixers get Brand... Now What?  (Read 28047 times)

jemagee

Re: Sixers get Brand... Now What?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »
Didn't both of their teams have more than one star and a whole hell of a lot more DEPTH than this young shallow sixers team?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
how many people shoot 40% from the three for a full season and are taking enough attempts for that 40% to matter?

Thank you for making my point for me.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
Didn't both of their teams have more than one star and a whole hell of a lot more DEPTH than this young shallow sixers team?

Exactly! Which is why I would at least take a quick look to see what Iguodala fetches on the trade market. If he can't land you a star 2 guard, then I stay the course and hope the team matures the way it has been.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »
WHo is obsessed over the sixers getting old?  They are older now than they were yesterday, and contrary to popular opinion, andre miller is not an unaging methusaleh...he will age...and probably starting next season, sadly

Is giving up Rodney Carney giving you that much grief?  That's the only youth they've given up. 

Offline Pure Hatred

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
We also made a brilliant move this offseason in drafting the young PF that will be (hopefully) ready to take the reigns when Brand starts to decline.

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
Oh no, speights will be taking over reins from someone else much more useless before brand declines (hopefully)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
how many people shoot 40% from the three for a full season and are taking enough attempts for that 40% to matter?

Thank you for making my point for me.

I get what you're saying about how many shoot the 40% (31 is the count last season) but jem's question about attempts is somewhat legit. Either way... Gordon, Richardson, and Hamilton all shot above the almighty 40% mark. I'm just hoping that Iguodala improves on that 32% mark that he had last year. It's possible that with a little more spacing that he can get that number up but how high is the real question.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
Crappy contract for crappier contract, Reggie Evans for Matt Carroll.  It would be a shooter and an homage to BK at the same time.

S&T of Iggy to LAC for Mobley, Gordon and Jordan?  Just a failry random thought, but it would allow them to get Iggy and still have some cap room to pursue a bigger player.  If Gordon has signed already he is off limits for thirty days though.

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
If we actually would consider a S/T with Iguodala, as stated before, the main targets for me would be the following:

Jason Richardson
Rip Hamilton
Jamal Crawford
Michael Redd - but I think he makes too much to match w/ Andre

If we are looking for a young cheaper option via trade, I'd look at the following:

Marco Belinelli
Morris Almond
Matt Carroll
Luther Head
Rashad McCants
JJ Redick
Jason Kapono - not exactly young like the others, but maybe available for someone like Evans? prob not

Cheap FA options (if we can clear some space or get them for the vet min)

Salim Stoudamire
Juan Dixon
Nachbar - more expensive - prob not attainable

Not saying they are all great names, just guys who could fill the Eddie House type role of bench shooter (unless we go after the S/T option with Iguodala)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »
I don't think I would send Iguodala up the Zoo Jersey Turnpike to NY for Crawford but I would consider the other 3. Richardson doesn't do much for me for some reason but I would consider it. Hamilton and Redd would be done deals for me with Ben Gordon also being a strong option given his strong scoring touch.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »
By the way, I'm assuming that we do keep Iguodala even though I would consider moving him so what's next should be us trying to sign James Jones.

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
I don't think I would send Iguodala up the Zoo Jersey Turnpike to NY for Crawford but I would consider the other 3. Richardson doesn't do much for me for some reason but I would consider it. Hamilton and Redd would be done deals for me with Ben Gordon also being a strong option given his strong scoring touch.

Not saying 1 for 1 with Andre and Crawford.  I would not do that straight up either.  If we could get something else though I would conside it.  Nice thing about Crawford is he could take some PG duties as well as SG.  Gives us a bit more lineup flexibity.

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »
By the way, I'm assuming that we do keep Iguodala even though I would consider moving him so what's next should be us trying to sign James Jones.

Without cap space, how do you propose we get him?  I'm not sure we can really dump much salary (if any) so I'm not sure how we could pull this off.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »

Without cap space, how do you propose we get him?  I'm not sure we can really dump much salary (if any) so I'm not sure how we could pull this off.

Hey man, a week ago I would have told you we couldn't straight up sign Brand. We're not at they're level of popularity yet but Boston REALLY benefited from having free agents sign with them for the minimum. I think we're one star player short of drawing that kind of interest from veteran FAs who would sign for the minimum.

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »

Yup, we'll resign Iggy and LW, and sign a couple of vets and Summer Leaguers for the minimum (Ollie, Gordon) and that'll be that.  And it'll have been a great off-season.