Author Topic: dabods, Rick. Looks like Wolves and Sixers are on the verge of a trade.  (Read 12736 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
I don't know if it's worth rolling on the floor over but hay, if you take everything someone says that literal maybe it is.

I do take people literally, and yes, it does make things much more funny. The fact that you respond to my ribbing by claiming to deliberately use sarcasm and exaggeration, significantly weakening the credibility of your point . . . now that IS funny.

I don't know corey maggette or elton brand well enough personally to comment on their motivations and psychologies as others here seem to so I can't comment any more

Obviously his response was exaggerated and sarcastic so I too made mine exagerrated and sarcastic.

You're right. He was TOTALLY FLAMING you there. I mean, the hyperbole and sarcasm just leap off the page.

Though by the two respones I've seen from you two one would assume I was saying Corey Magette can't be a leader because of the lack of love his mother gave him as a child

You got all that from the word "tearfully" didn't you. Again . . . FUNNY! Perhaps I need to remind you of your words.

Magette doesn't want more minutes.  He wants to be a super star, head guy on the team he is on.  He's been that way in LA and he will be that way in Golden State.  The problem is, as usual, he is not the player he thinks he is in his head.  He lacks a lot of what makes up an all-star player and the main leader on a squad.  For example he only plays hard when he feels like he has something to prove (ie when he is guarding Kobe or Lebron or someone like Bruce Bowen is guarding him).  He does not always play hard.  His attitude also doesn't help him at all.

You know what he thinks in his head. You know what he feels and when he feels it. And all from quotes and interviews. I bow to your greatness.  :D

There is a HUGE difference between discussing how a person acts when it comes to their role on a basketball team and how they view their own talents and actually doing a psych evalution.

Especially when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I guess when you attend Brigham Young Sports Journalism and Psychology are one in the same.

I believe it was you who initially tried to make that point.

I believe you've made a number of comments about player tendencies and how they act on the court/in the locker room.

It's possible. I can almost guarantee, however, that I did not claim to know what's going on in their head. Except for that time with Ron Artest, when I saw him exhibit the lack of anything going on in his head.

God knows how many pysch profiles have been done on Kobe Bryant around here.  Why is this any different?  Why have you not got on JoMaL for doing psych evalution of Kobe Bryant?

Here we go . . .  ::) Kobe Bryant has entered the thread.

I guess here in LA  we are not use to our players of local teams actually getting teary eyed while blubbering like a woman similar to AK-47.  So forgive us for having to pick up on things before they get to that point.

You are, of course, forgiven.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
 :D :D :'( :D :D

Ted you have induced tears. 

. . . which really isn't something I appreciate at work.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

jemagee

Is Kobe Bryant the 'nazi' indicator on this board?

In LA, they aren't used to paying attention to the clippers in general, so they can be forgiven i guess...

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email

I'm not trying to get anyone thrown out of anywhere, trust me, i was making a joke more than anything :)

I know...so was I.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

Sometimes it's tough with 'new people' to know :) it's an adjustment...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
In LA, they aren't used to paying attention to the clippers in general, so they can be forgiven i guess...

MAN!  You just crossed the line by talking about the Clippers!  Do you make fun of little retarded kids as well?

Clippers? Clippers?!?!?!?!  We're talking about the Clippers?  Clippers?!? All the FA moves and we're talking about the Clippers?  Clippers?!?  This is one of the craziest off seasons and we're talking about the Clippers!?!  Clippers!?!

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

All i got on the drive home from espn 710 last night was bad mouthing elton brand for hurting the proud and noble clipper franchise

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

MAN!  You just crossed the line by talking about the Clippers!  Do you make fun of little retarded kids as well?

Clippers? Clippers?!?!?!?!  We're talking about the Clippers?  Clippers?!? All the FA moves and we're talking about the Clippers?  Clippers?!?  This is one of the craziest off seasons and we're talking about the Clippers!?!  Clippers!?!

Okay, A.I., we get it.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Sometimes it's tough with 'new people' to know :) it's an adjustment...

Always assume the joke is on you and you will blend in fine. Just ask westkoast, except he never understands that last part.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
All i got on the drive home from espn 710 last night was bad mouthing elton brand for hurting the proud and noble clipper franchise

Did I sound anything like Allen Iverson?  That was my best impression of his practice rant.  YES PRACTICE AFFECTS HOW YOU DO IN THE PLAYOFFS YOU DUMB THUG!

Anyway.....My opinion is Brand has nothing to be ashamed of, the Clippers low balled him trying to take advantage of his offer to take less so the Clippers could sign a talent like Davis.  How did the Clippers magically find an extra 11 million dollars after their "take it or leave it" offer of 70 million?  This has nothing to do with money (Did I just say that in regards to an NBA player?).  Brand actually took the LEAST amount of money on the table.  Clippers offered 81 million and the Warriors offered 90 million, so it was about something else.  I do think Brand felt he was taken advantage of by the Clippers so when better money and a better chance of winning offer came up he jumped on it, it was too little too late from the Clippers.

People like to point out the past Brand signing as an indication that Sterling had changed his stingy ways, all he did was MATCH the offer from Miami, they didn't even offer up a nice contract, the Clippers let other teams set the price for Brand.  Not to mention the year the Clips allegedly spent big bucks to put a decent team on the floor, all they did was meet the minimum salary requirements of the NBA.  Brand is a class act, hope he does well in Philly.

I can't wait for my Clippers rep to call me and try to get me to renew my season tickets!  I hope the shame of this latest Clippers fiasco prevents him/her from picking up the phone and dialing my number.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

Course now you got brand talking how he was thinking philly LAST year as a possible destination and calling falk early on to see if philly had called yet, but it all smells of spin to me.

WOW - are you frankie muniz or billy crystal?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Once a player gets offered $80 plus million, he seriously needs to decide if the extra money from a so-called better offer is worth it. How much of the extra millions is he going to see, after taxes, anyway? So I can see if the player might decide on the best circumstances for HIM, instead of the best money offer. The 'smart' NBA players would consider that.

Recently, the Oakland Athletes signed 16 year old Dominican phenom, Michael Inoa to a large signing bonus to pitch for them. Though a small market, and teams such as the Yankees, Cleveland, Chicago, and others were willing to pay him even more, (the bonus money set a record anyway) the kid opted for the Athletics. Why? Because the Athletics have a history of nurturing young pitching, unlike, say, the Cubs, who have a history of destroying young pitchers' careers.

Some players just 'get' that it is a marathon, not a sprint.

jemagee

Plus the 'athletes' have a history of trading guys away when they get to the point where they'd earn real money, so if this 16 year old pans out...which, well, odds are against him, he'll get to play for contending teams sooner than a guy beholden to the royals or pirates probably. 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Plus the 'athletes' have a history of trading guys away when they get to the point where they'd earn real money, so if this 16 year old pans out...which, well, odds are against him, he'll get to play for contending teams sooner than a guy beholden to the royals or pirates probably. 

That has also been the case with Oakland. It is how Billy Bean competes with the small market handicap, though his teams are still better then most of the higher paid squads in baseball.

jemagee

That has also been the case with Oakland. It is how Billy Bean competes with the small market handicap, though his teams are still better then most of the higher paid squads in baseball.

Until playoff time, which is the one knock against Beane...for some reason it don't work come playoff time but who knows why - they just can't seem to win a series - then again, he may have taken leave of his senses as all reports are that Billy Beane wants to run an MLS team and revolutionize futbol :)