Author Topic: dabods, Rick. Looks like Wolves and Sixers are on the verge of a trade.  (Read 12744 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Could you apply those evaluations to Shaquille O'neal please?  I personally consider him the biggest fraud and creep in all of the NBA and marvel that he seems to come out smelling like a rose every time the lakers break up is discussed, like his demand publicly for 90 million dollars in the middle of a training camp game is completely forgotten...does that dude know mass hypnosis or something?

Shaq is considered something of a buffoon and a jokester; Kobe is considered insincere and manipulative. Somehow, being a buffoon and and jokester goes over better.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

Right.  Whatever you want to tell yourself to make you feel better.  Stick to the topic though Gramps.  We are still talking about BASKETBALL here.  If you would like me to open up a forum so you can continue to talk about me, I can do it.  I do love how you are now using the same crystal ball you use to peek into the Lakers lockerroom to shine some light on poor little insecure online personality westkoast LOL

No need. You do fine revealing your true nature without my commenting on the obvious. And I can easily do both - stay on topic as I needle you. That is what's known as bonus points.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Could you apply those evaluations to Shaquille O'neal please?  I personally consider him the biggest fraud and creep in all of the NBA and marvel that he seems to come out smelling like a rose every time the lakers break up is discussed, like his demand publicly for 90 million dollars in the middle of a training camp game is completely forgotten...does that dude know mass hypnosis or something?

I know you are a new poster around here but this is seriously a dead horse.  Though I will let the true psych evalutions come from JoMal.  He is our resident therapist.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

And it wasn't so much basketball as personality analysis based on public comments and actions that was being evaluated, no?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
And it wasn't so much basketball as personality analysis based on public comments and actions that was being evaluated, no?

It's both. 

Body language on the court = both

Comments about playing time and wanting to start even tho injured = both

Only playing hard when there is something to prove ON the court = both

jemagee

Only playing hard when there is something to prove ON the court 

I personally love when people start talkinga bout the PERCEPTION on whether or not someone is playing hard.

Maybe it's just the experience of dealing with phillies fans who couldn't appreciate bobby abreu because he made it look so easy.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

Right.  Whatever you want to tell yourself to make you feel better.  Stick to the topic though Gramps.  We are still talking about BASKETBALL here.  If you would like me to open up a forum so you can continue to talk about me, I can do it.  I do love how you are now using the same crystal ball you use to peek into the Lakers lockerroom to shine some light on poor little insecure online personality westkoast LOL

No need. You do fine revealing your true nature without my commenting on the obvious. And I can easily do both - stay on topic as I needle you. That is what's known as bonus points.

I didn't realize a guy who's career is a glofied version of The Count from Seasme Street can also provide in depth analysis of people they know strickly from a message board on the Internet.    You didn't stay on topic though.  Once again you are too focused on me.  If anything is revealing it is just how much I get under your skin.

Corey Magette has been a problem for the Clippers for a while and he's asked to be moved before.  He reminds me of Shawn Marion on a crappy team.  He would kindly jump ship to another crappy team just so he could be more of the man.  When the sports writers said this about Shawn Marion was it doing their job as sports journalists to provide opinions on what they see or were they praciticing to go back to get their psych degree???

Only playing hard when there is something to prove ON the court 

I personally love when people start talkinga bout the PERCEPTION on whether or not someone is playing hard.

Maybe it's just the experience of dealing with phillies fans who couldn't appreciate bobby abreu because he made it look so easy.

So you can't tell when someone is playing hard and when someone is not?!  Are you serious?  Didn't you just bring up Shaq O'Neal?  You want people to ride him but at the same time you act as if people can't tell if guys play hard or not?  That's one of the biggest knocks on Shaq.  He did not always play hard unless he had something to prove.    To me it's not rocket science.

Shaq on the Heat at the start of the year = Not playing hard

Shaq diving for lose balls in PHX = Playing hard

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:26:56 AM by westkoast »

jemagee

Where in my comments about Shaquille O'neal did i say anything about him 'playing hard'...if people wanna ride him for his atrocious free throw shooting and not getting it any better, that's fine, caust it's quantifiable...you want to quantify your perception on who plays hard and who doesn't but that's altered by your personal opinion of said player, and it seems rather evident that you really don't like corey maggette...like he stole your lunch money or something.

Yes, one selected event over the entirety of shaqs careers in both miami and phoenix indicates when he played hard and when he didn't, i bet if i looked i could isolate a solitary event in miami where he dove for the ball too.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

I didn't realize a guy who's career is a glofied version of The Count from Seasme Street can also provide in depth analysis of people they know strickly from a message board on the Internet.    You didn't stay on topic though.  Once again you are too focused on me.  If anything is revealing it is just how much I get under your skin.

Ooooh, touche'!! I am semi-offended and quasi-insulted, plus partially put off. Plus, my butt itches. Must be those old 'roids acting up again. I call them 'westkoast', so as to think just of you when they flair up. Yeah, I guess you could call that 'getting under my skin'.   :P

But since you clearly admire me to the point where you can never keep me out of your posts even when not involved in the topic up to that point <or did I miss where you referenced me earlier> I can see how your mental flow operates, even if you can't.

Am I the daddy you never could admire?  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
and it seems rather evident that you really don't like corey maggette...like he stole your lunch money or something.

ALL NBA players are stealing our lunch money, jemagee.

jemagee

I'm a 6' white jewish kid who grew up able to play defense but not shoot, who could get people thrown out of soccer or basketball games just by irritating the hell out of em...my peripheral vision was slightly above average and i excelled most at 'goalie' positions...i was never gonna be a professional athlete.

Now, those idiots at theglobe.com who were lucky enough to be born a bit later than me and live on the west coast instead of lower merion township THEY stole money from me....marc cuban stole money from me...EBAY stole money from me since i was doing internet auctions in 1993 of magic the gathering cards just to be able to move from madison to santa barbara for garduate school...they stole my lunch money, but i'm not bitter, not really :)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Holy Cow, I'm off actually working at work for a couple hours and look at the fun I've missed.  

I think jemagee is seamlessly integrating into our little mental ward here on the world wide web.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

jemagee

Holy Cow, I'm off actually working at work for a couple hours and look at the fun I've missed.  

I think jemagee is seamlessly integrating into our little mental ward here on the world wide web.

History indicates i won't last long :)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

I'm a 6' white jewish kid who grew up able to play defense but not shoot, who could get people thrown out of soccer or basketball games just by irritating the hell out of em...my peripheral vision was slightly above average and i excelled most at 'goalie' positions...i was never gonna be a professional athlete.

Now, those idiots at theglobe.com who were lucky enough to be born a bit later than me and live on the west coast instead of lower merion township THEY stole money from me....marc cuban stole money from me...EBAY stole money from me since i was doing internet auctions in 1993 of magic the gathering cards just to be able to move from madison to santa barbara for garduate school...they stole my lunch money, but i'm not bitter, not really :)

....um.....glad to hear you aren't bitter.

And trying to get ME thrown out of dabods' forum???.....bring it on, dude!! Westkoast would like to, but he is having identity issues, or something, and can't seem to focus.

Just out of curiousity, how many BLACK Jewish kids did you know growing up?

jemagee

Just out of curiousity, how many BLACK Jewish kids did you know growing up?

Not many, but there is an entire tribe of them out there, we just lost them, the tribe of ham (yes irony)...

I'm not trying to get anyone thrown out of anywhere, trust me, i was making a joke more than anything :)