Author Topic: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift  (Read 45758 times)

jemagee

Re: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
And then some (or actually one) doesn't like him because he's not as good in an NBA video game...

That's one of those - alright you qualify for the too stupid to breed program

As for those who compare him to iverson, well that's just asinine and demonstrats no knowledge of what iguodala is as a player in my opinion, he was NEVER going to be the kind of prolific scorer tha iverson was/is...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
And then some (or actually one) doesn't like him because he's not as good in an NBA video game...

At least Dedicated's not alone anymore on that board. There was a period over there where most of the people showing up had a clue and we would all clown Dedicated.... now he's surrounded with like-minded jackasses.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »
He's seems like a nice enough kid.  I sort of try not and put him down, but sometimes his responses are too much- like the one about Iguodala's jumper in NBA Live.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
He's now 16 years old... when he first joined that board, I think he was 13 and some people were really rough on him. I defended him for a while by pointing out that he was only a kid but he does bring it on himself. He makes strong statements and talks down to some others so I think he's fair game for that reason.

That said... there is just a whole new wave of guys (i assume they're guys) on that board that have their chests puffed up and act as though they are all-knowing and powerful Oz. Truth is, they probably are a lot like Oz. I lot of smoke and mirrors and no real substance. Ugh.

Hey TK... did you get the house all cleaned up? Tonight's the night!

jemagee

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
He's seems like a nice enough kid.  I sort of try not and put him down, but sometimes his responses are too much- like the one about Iguodala's jumper in NBA Live.

It's the job of those who came before to educate those after us so they aren't so bloody stupid and moronic

Until you get banned of course :P

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »

That said... there is just a whole new wave of guys (i assume they're guys) on that board that have their chests puffed up and act as though they are all-knowing and powerful Oz. Truth is, they probably are a lot like Oz. I lot of smoke and mirrors and no real substance. Ugh.

Hey TK... did you get the house all cleaned up? Tonight's the night!

Some of the new posters seem good.  Guys like Gieger make good points, but can be abrasive.  Kanga is pretty funny.  JMon seems like a young Skates...
---
Fortunately the flight doesn't get in until 10.  plenty of time to do the dishes.  Yesterday was one of those "best laid plans of men" days.  I ended up playing ball, and then dealing with the heat exaustion I somehow did not see coming.  Not exactly the most productive day- and I'm out of frozen dinners- good thing she's coming home.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
JMon seems like a young Skates...

The poor bastage.

The best thread the other day had someone going off on how much better Deng was than Iggy, crtainly a debatable point and fair topic for discussion.  But one of the guy's points was Deng's superior three point shooting ability.  You could have heard a pin drop, figuratively, when Dabods kindly pointed out that Deng had made a grand total of 8 three pointers last year.  It was classic.  Mind you Deng did shoot 36.4% on the 22 three point shots he attempted for the season.  :D

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2008, 03:57:02 PM »
Scan and Debods have been doing their moderatorly duty by calling BS when they hear it- which has been pretty often of late.  I guess technically it has nothing to do with them being moderators, but entertaining none the less.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »
That was dedicated who made that post.  He's classic. 

and yeah, there's been some bad new members.  3IXERFAN (or however you spell it) and geiger are on my watch list. 

Frankly, I think I'm going to politely resign as mod there pretty soon.  Babysitting just isn't fun anymore, and there's a whole lot better I can do with my time.

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »
He's now 16 years old... when he first joined that board, I think he was 13 and some people were really rough on him. I defended him for a while by pointing out that he was only a kid but he does bring it on himself. He makes strong statements and talks down to some others so I think he's fair game for that reason.

Wait, we know for a fact that he's 16? Crap now I feel bad.

Although I was like 16 or 17 when i started and i'd like to think i wasn't nearly this bad.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:55:31 PM by sixerscan »

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »

Wait, we know for a fact that he's 16? Crap now I feel bad.

I remember playing a pick-up game with my college friends, and a buddy of mine swats a kid who must have been about 14.  Then he starts wagging his finger and talking smack.  It was embarrassing for all involved. 

Now your that guy. ;D

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
Wait, we know for a fact that he's 16?

She, not he.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »

She, not he.

Well there's a reason to cut down my posting all together.  30 something men should not be corresponding with 16 year olds on the internet, pretty much regardless of the circumstances.

Can you say creepy.

jemagee

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »
Over react much?  You're talking sports, and like dabods just pointed out, most of you didn't even now she was a shee....male or female, ignorance and stupidity needs to be corrected and educated

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »

She, not he.

hahahaha you're kidding