Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250491 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »
Hinrich is a pass first player who plays solid defense.  Williams doesn't exactly possess those attributes. 

If Hinrich is a pass-first player, why is there talk of him getting moved to SG because he can't handle full-time PG duties?

Really, all I know of Hinrich is what I read here.  And that is that he's getting moved to SG and he can shoot the 3.

jemagee

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »
Hinrich is a pass first player who plays solid defense.  Williams doesn't exactly possess those attributes. 
That's what i was thinking -

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »

If Hinrich is a pass-first player, why is there talk of him getting moved to SG because he can't handle full-time PG duties?

Really, all I know of Hinrich is what I read here.  And that is that he's getting moved to SG and he can shoot the 3.

Oh, Hinrich's 07-08 season was the quintessential embodiment of underachievement.  Much the same goes for the collective effort from the rest of that Chicago lineup.  As to why there is speculation about moving Hinrich to SG, I simply don't get it.  He's not a 2 guard... that's just silly.  

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »
Hinrich is not a selfish player by any means and he may indeed be pass first as a player, but he does not have the court vision or passing instincts of someone like Andre Miller (Miller is excellent at that BTW, not meant to diss Hinrich).  He is a good positional defender, but lacks high-end lateral quickness defensively.  I think part of the idea of having Hinrich play SG with Rose at PG is that Rose is a scorer too and would do well to have someone who is a good, but unselfish shooter and good passer next to him.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »
Slow news day today. I don't know that anyone really signed with a team today. The market is pretty dry though....

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
Slow news day, but real active day on this board- especially since most of the threads have been interesting.  Hard to keep up.

jemagee

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »
Gerald Green went to the mavs - does that count?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
Remember when Gerald Green was being considered the steal of the draft? 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

Bostons untouchable next TMac.

Then again we are all pretty high on a certain relatively unproven SF- but hopefully with more justification.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
I posted this on the "Mr. Smith" column but it should be here....

Chris Broussard just said on SportsCenter that the Warriors are targeting Brand then Arenas then they would probably go after Iguodala. How long will it be before we see video of Iguodala in Oakland making a visit??

jemagee

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »

Bostons untouchable next TMac.

Then again we are all pretty high on a certain relatively unproven SF- but hopefully with more justification.

Thaddeus Young did more in one season for the sixers than Gerald Green has done in his entire career.  Green is a perfect example of those intangible things you hope Speights has but worry he doesn't

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2008, 06:07:02 PM »
I posted this on the "Mr. Smith" column but it should be here....

Chris Broussard just said on SportsCenter that the Warriors are targeting Brand then Arenas then they would probably go after Iguodala. How long will it be before we see video of Iguodala in Oakland making a visit??

There's no way the Sixers let Iggy get away unless GS makes some super-ridiculous offer, which I fully believe they're capable of doing.  This could get REALLLLLL interesting.  If Iggy gets stolen, the Sixers could legitimately play without a SG next year if they go after a guy like Deng or Marion.  Who needs a SG on offense anyway >_>

jemagee

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »
Oh yeah, in other 'news' diop seems to have come to terms with the mavericks

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2008, 07:33:19 AM »
Oh yeah, in other 'news' diop seems to have come to terms with the mavericks

Diop is getting the full MLE- nearly 6M next year and then up from there.

This shows why I was somewhat dissapointed the Sixers couldn't trade to get Jordan.  I think there is an excellent chance that Jordan develops into a good defensive back-up center with above average size and athleticism- sort of like Diop.

Considering the market value for a decent back-up center (apparently 6M) getting one with a late 1st/early 2nd would be a steal.

jemagee

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
Reports out of new jersey are that not only would krstic be looking for a sign and trade, but so would the nets...so he's a legitimate target if he's someone you like