Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250538 times)

jemagee

Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
I think the perception about Baron Davis in LA is not going to mirror the reality all that much...maybe 6 seed and one and done for a couple seasons...if the clippers wanna be serious contenders, davis and brand aren't nearly enough :)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
Seriously... since when did we EVER have a legit shot at Brand?? Hadn't those of us with a half a brain been saying for 5 months that Brand was not coming here?

When brand opted out, I think there was a small chance.  Small, but enough to talk about. 

Baron Davis opting out has thrown a huge wrench into this equation, both with him signing in LA and making that a more desirable place to play, and in making GS players in FA, and more likely to keep two of the top FA options (Biedrins and Ellis).

Was there a chance... sure. There was a chance he also worked out a sign and trade to go play in Seattle or wherever. All I'm saying is reading some people's reaction to the idea that Brand is NOT coming here is somewhat painful... that's all. I hate to hear that there are broken hearts all throughout the Delaware Valley over this Elton Brand character. :-)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
I think the perception about Baron Davis in LA is not going to mirror the reality all that much

Reality isn't needed when courting FA's.  Perception goes a long way.

jemagee

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
I think the perception about Baron Davis in LA is not going to mirror the reality all that much

Reality isn't needed when courting FA's.  Perception goes a long way.

As in politicis, people need to stop deluding themselves and look at the history of things before coming up with these broken faulty perceptions

jemagee

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »
JJ Barea got 3y x $3,5M Mavs

Anyone else read this?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2008, 12:03:51 PM »
Well... that should fix the Mavs woes. I'll take the Mavs against the field in the running for the title in '09.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »
The Warriors have offered Brand a 5 year deal between $85-$90MIL.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53345/20080702/warriors_offer_brand_huge_contract/

If Brand takes it than the Warriors essentially traded Davis for Brand. If Brand doesn't take it but it caused Sterling to have to put out more money, well it's GSW's way of giving Sterling the finger and putting the Clippers with two aging stars with injury histories and giant contracts.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
Interesting.  Things are way too quiet for the Sixers thus far.... Gimme something to wrap my head around.

jemagee

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »
The sixers don't have the cap room to offer brand that much - wrap that :)

Seriously though, if brand takes it i'll laugh, this whole Davis to LA thing smells fishy anyway

jemagee

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
I know it's not free agency and everything but does anyone else find it odd that almost a week later and the bucks haven't heard a peep from Richard Jefferson?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 02:15:11 PM »
I know it's not free agency and everything but does anyone else find it odd that almost a week later and the bucks haven't heard a peep from Richard Jefferson?

I believe they've heard.... heard he's pissed about being traded to Milwaukee. They're trying to get him to fly in and meet the press and they can't get that to happen. Didn't they just go through this with Yi last year? Let me guess... Jefferson will eventually play for the Bucks this season and then next year they'll trade RJ for another player who will need 3 months to become ok with the idea of living in Milwaukee.

jemagee

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »
Milwaukee Bucks officials claim it has nothing to do with the city, which does have a nice airport, but very little else going for it :)

Jefferson for Iguodala?:)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 02:23:14 PM »
Jefferson for Iguodala?:)

I'd need more than that.  A LOT more.

But I assume you were joking.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
Anyone concered that GS will go after LouW now that they lost Baron?  I think the only thing stopping them is taht Ellis is undersized and they see him eventually playing point.

I guess GS could go after Iguodala too.  The domino effect of FA signing hopefully won't screw the Sixers.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 02:33:30 PM »
Ohhhhh..... that's a really good point. But could a Williams/Ellis backcourt really exist???