Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250513 times)

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
jem:

What position would Krstic play on this team over the next 3-5 years (including minutes), and either 1) how much of our $11.5 million are you willing to give him or 2) who on the Sixers roster are you prepared to trade in a S&T with the Nets that the Nets would be interested in?

jemagee

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »
Well, I didn't say I was interested in him now did I?  "We" don't have 11.5 million dollars, the sixers do, and if you don't think that when healthy Krstic is a better PF then everyone currently on the sixers roster, that's fine.

I presented a piece of information, do with it what you will, but I didn't say sign him either way.

And now there are two sources saying BOTH SIDES only want 2-3 years, so why the HELL are you asking about 5 years down the road?

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
Because - unless we can get Krstic for our garbage in a S&T (Miller, Green, Evans...even Carney or Smith) - we have to either 1) give him an offer sheet that will eat up a chunk of our $11.5 million, or 2) trade a player that is part of our "core" (Iggy?  Sam?).

And, in this case, I do not differentiate between 2-3 and 5 years...it is a ommittment of more than one year, and it will take away real assets (cap room or rotation players) to get done.

No need to be snippy, dude.  Let's not relive history - OK?

;D

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »
First of all, your focus on the semantics of "whose" money is being spent is a bit much, IMO...but whatever.

Second of all, I have been a season-ticket holder for 8 years (I split four seats in Section 112 - right across from the Sixers bench), so actually, part of it IS my money.

:P

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »
all I'd like is a little reading comprehension

and

and kind of sad actually)

Is snippy.  That kind of back and forth jabbing is exactly what I'm hoping to avoid over here.  I hope we can just talk basketball, and not make snide comments about what you think is sad and who you think lacks reading comprehension.

And I'll echo bebop's annoyance over semantics.  Nobody literally thinks it's "our" money.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2008, 10:16:11 AM »

This is the snippiest post of the day....hands down

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »
How can that be snippy?  He's raising legitimate questions about a guy that was brought up.  It doesn't sound like he's questioning you or your intellect at all, he's just raising discussion about said player.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
jem:

I was certainly not trying to be snippy...and I understand that you were just throwing the idea of Krstic out there for discussion - not saying that it was something that you were interested in....but I do not think that it was unreasonable of me to ask you - since you brought the idea up in a thread - of what position he would fill on this team, and what would we have to give up to get him?

Lord knows, we had our battles in the past...I would prefer to leave a lot of that in the past...

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2008, 10:24:30 AM »
Guys....REALLY?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »
I expected Kristic to be available.  Personally, he's lower on my totem pole than the likes of Villanueva and Wilcox. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »
Regardless of how you interpreted "you" and "our", comments about reading comprehension and calling people sad are not the appropriate responses, mmmk?

I also do not find him asking you legitimate questions being snippy even if they are aimed at you.  This is a DISCUSSION board after all, and if the name of a player is brought up, I do not think it's out of line to ask how they would fit in.

jemagee

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
With his bad history I have no interest in Krstic as well, I was just providing information that might affect the sixers cause they need a power forward and the GM has more intimate knowledge of the Nets than any other team

Call it the pat gillick halo effect
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:39:22 AM by jemagee »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »
was just providing information that might affect the sixers cause they need a power forward

That's just the thing, if someone asks "hey jem, how do you think that player would fit in here", he's not saying "you bleepity bleep bleep, you're an idiot for suggesting it".  To me it sounds like he's literally just asking you what your opinion would be on how Krstic would fit.

Ok, Bro?

</dig at bebop>

jemagee

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »
Whatever, it's not worth arguing with you on this, we'll agree to disagree,

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »
Thanks for the laugh, Derek!

I really enjoy this forum...thanks for your role in setting it up.  I'm off to Barnegat Light for the weekend...have a great holiday, everyone.