Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250557 times)

jemagee

Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2008, 08:42:17 PM »
I've always thought of him more naturally as a PF - but that's just me - and rashard lewis really isn't a power forward

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
I wonder if Iguodala now takes the originaly 57 million :)

He might consider himself lucky if he gets that considering that he has such little bargaining power and such a terrible playoff series.

jemagee

« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »
I wonder if Iguodala now takes the originaly 57 million :)

He might consider himself lucky if he gets that considering that he has such little bargaining power and such a terrible playoff series.

HOpefully good GMs aren't as short sighted as ESPN and fans

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2008, 08:58:34 PM »
Hopefully... if that's the case then he Iguodala shouldn't even come close to getting more money than what Caron Butler, Tayshaun Prince, and Kevin Martin are making.

jemagee

« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
He's a good #2 guy behind a star, sixers fans just want him to be something he's not

And guys like that make 57 million dollars...he's also younger than caron butler, tayshaun prince and kevin martin and martin is probably the only one with a chance of still getting better at this point in their careers.

I believe he's worth 57 million and I'll bet if the sixers try and lowball him he finds a team willing to pay him for a sign and trade rather easily

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2008, 09:13:59 PM »
He's a good #2 guy behind a star, sixers fans just want him to be something he's not

And guys like that make 57 million dollars...he's also younger than caron butler, tayshaun prince and kevin martin and martin is probably the only one with a chance of still getting better at this point in their careers.

I believe he's worth 57 million and I'll bet if the sixers try and lowball him he finds a team willing to pay him for a sign and trade rather easily

Well, we have our star now.

jemagee

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
Shame you need at least 2 to win a title

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »

In a year or two I will put my money on Mr. Young filling that bill.  I agree, no reason to trade Iggy unless you get near equal age and value with a better jump shot.  I am sure the current roster is one of the reasons Brand came here and Iggy was our best player, yes better than Miller, before Brand came aboard. 

jemagee

« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »
I'm curios to see what happens to Thaddeus Young this year with the pressure of expectations and playing his more natural position and teams being ready for him...i'm not ready to anoint anyone after one rookie season with little to no expectation on ya

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

So then he's not a star #2?

If you said Iguodala's a good #2, and you need two stars, and Elton Brand is a star?  Aren't we going in circles?  doesn't that mean you don't think Iguodala's a #2?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »
I'm curios to see what happens to Thaddeus Young this year with the pressure of expectations and playing his more natural position and teams being ready for him...i'm not ready to anoint anyone after one rookie season with little to no expectation on ya

I am curious as well.  I think he is Iggy level good in two years, the question I see is whether he can get past there to be the next Paul Pierce or not.  I don't worry about the pressure, the kid has an excellent head on his shoulders.  His temperment impressed me more than anything.  

Query:

How does Speight take the Brand signing, disappointed at even less chance for playing time, excited to learn from one of the best or thinking "I need to work on becoming a center"?

jemagee

« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »

If you said Iguodala's a good #2, and you need two stars, and Elton Brand is a star?  Aren't we going in circles?  doesn't that mean you don't think Iguodala's a #2?

He's very good, he's not ray allen paul pierce kobe to shaq manu ginobli tony parker good yet...maybe he will be, but he's got holes in his game he still needs to improve.

I think he's just as good as lamar odom, let's say...

jemagee

« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »
There's star and then there's all star, maybe i should have said two all stars

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »

More like second tier level star.  They definitely need to develop or acquire one more starter who can score with less effort than it takes Iggy.  He is a wonderful player, if Battier is a glue guy, then Iggy is a super-glue guy.  What they need is a better #2 offensive option.  Iggy can be your second best all-around player, but he better be your third offensive option at best.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2008, 09:37:32 PM »
Oh, I agree.  My point in my post was more that I see iguodala as a #3 option offensively, so we've still got a ways to go.