Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250545 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2008, 11:10:27 PM »
Wait... I could have sworn that I read in Entertainment Weekly that NKOTB was doing a reunion tour. Combine that we the new 90210 show and I'm fairly certain the apocalypse is upon us.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »
Hated 90210, but didn't mind Melrose place, with a young Marcia Cross (Desperate housewives fame.)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:36 PM »
Given the off topic rantings on this board, either the apocalypse is upon us or bordom has set in fro lack of FA news.  Either way, I'm out.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »
Wait.. if I remember correctly... she got in a bad accident on that show and had some crazy thing going on with her face and her personality. Alright... I'll turn in my membership card to the man's club now.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2008, 11:17:58 PM »
Of Topic posts in their own thread plz.

(I wouldn't typically be a stickler about things like this, but in a thread that goes 20 pages, it's hard enough to keep up without discussions about melrose place).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:19:49 PM by Derek Bodner »

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
I will gladly comply- before I shame myself further. 

Hopefully there will be some new worthy of more on topic discussion tomorrow.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
The only downturn is if we don't land Brand and Smith gets matched.....then what? We're back at plan C with slightly more money and no real targets to be excited about.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2008, 10:00:40 AM »
This nervous waiting for FA news......SUCKS!!!  That is all.

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
The only downturn is if we don't land Brand and Smith gets matched.....then what? We're back at plan C with slightly more money and no real targets to be excited about.
I have to imagine Ed is smarter than that.  If it's a handshake deal with Brand, that makes sense and I applaud him for the move.

If we're simply taking a flier on Smith, Ed's got some balls.  And they are brass, not paper-mache.

jemagee

« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »
It's not just a short term thing, this is only the beginning of the off season, teams are still maneuvering and plotting and trading after the big names go, more cap room is always helpful during the off season and personally the only thing i might miss in the trade with the wolves is the draft pick unless its utahs :)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »
TGP was posting the other day about where the Sixers fall in the EC playoff race.

Lets say the Sixers get Brand, and lose Carney and Booth.  The other 2 spots are filled by non-contributors.  Where does that leave the Sixers?

I say they are a 3-5 seed this year, and a 2-3 seed the following year.

jemagee

« Reply #296 on: July 08, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »

You're making a giant assumption in year two...don't forget that if the sixers don't do anything this off season they'll have another big hole to plug next off season when andre miller returns to the west.

One of the supposed selling points is brand wants to be on the east coast....same applies to miller but opposite coast.

I don't feel that the sixers lose much in carney or booth, i think smith/speights can do what calvin booth does...and brand is a huge improvement, but other teams will get better as well...i still don't think the sixers will surpass any of the division winners from last season by adding brand, so i have them at 4, and if the bulls turn it around or the cavs make some judicious moves that slips em to 5/6 maybe...

it's too early to tell and WAY too early to project past next season

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »

True, but adding Brand would be a win now type of strategy- and I think that involves trying to keep Miller.

Miller hasn't said much, but he has commented on wanting to see what the Sixers do this summer to make them more competative.  Adding Brand is probably the one player who can convince Miller the Sixers are building to win now. 

I wonder how Brand and Miller hit if off as teammates on the Clips.  That team was a big dissapointment, so I'm sure not everyone got along.

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2008, 10:27:48 AM »

You're making a giant assumption in year two...don't forget that if the sixers don't do anything this off season they'll have another big hole to plug next off season when andre miller returns to the west.

One of the supposed selling points is brand wants to be on the east coast....same applies to miller but opposite coast.

I don't feel that the sixers lose much in carney or booth, i think smith/speights can do what calvin booth does...and brand is a huge improvement, but other teams will get better as well...i still don't think the sixers will surpass any of the division winners from last season by adding brand, so i have them at 4, and if the bulls turn it around or the cavs make some judicious moves that slips em to 5/6 maybe...

I don't know if the Bulls are serious about pairing Hinrich and Rose, but I would be interested in a Miller for Hinrich swap if they are looking to get out of Hinrich's salary with a new point guard of the future.

1. Hinrich was an All-Defensive second team guy. That with Elton, Andre, Thad, and Sammy in the back is a good defensive starting 5.
2. Hinrich is a career above average 3 point shooter to space the floor. His career low is 35%.
3. Finally, according to storyteller contracts his salary decreases through the remainder of his deal. His final four years are 10.2 million, then 9.7, then 9.2, then 8.2. This would increase the chances of using the midlevel each year with he salary actually decreasing.

If we are looking to get a long-term point for Miller who can defend, shoot the three, and run an offense, Hinrich would be a fit. However, now their are reports that the Bulls may be leaning to playing Hinrich with Rose, which would make this scenario unrealistic.

jemagee

« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2008, 10:32:21 AM »
I'm with you on Hinrich, however todays hoopsworld rumors section indicates that the warriors and bulls are working on a deal (al harrington?) to get hinrich to golden state...