Author Topic: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?  (Read 16732 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 07:16:01 PM »
Kind of confused on how all negative things Laker get posted quite quickly but not a single mention of Kobe getting the MVP. 

Why would anybody outside Kobeville WANT to be the first to mention it? What took YOU so long?

The same reason why people announce players who are not apart of their "ville" winning awards.  That's like asking why someone outside of Garnettville would want to announce his defensive player of the year award.

The reason I didn't post it is I did not hear any information until Saturday....which no one posts here on the weekend.  Yesterday I was a bit tied up watching the Lakers and Jazz live.

Except that Kobe does not equal Garnett on the humanity scale. Easier to admire Garnettville members over Kobeville whoits's. The "who cares" icky scale also is heavily weighted in Kobe's favor.

That is your personal opinion.  We really need to sit you down and work on letting you know that your opinions are not universal.

Not really surprised a Kings and a Blazers fan are upset with #8.

You don't have the right to sit me down and lecture me on ANYTHING, kid. You have not earned that right.

I don't give a crap if my opinions are not universal; they are my opinions. And just because your team has experienced more success then mine, or ziggy's, certainly has no direct bearing on YOU, or what YOU may think. YOU had nothing to do with how the Lakers succeeded, so don't act like your judgement is universal either.

Ahh it never fails.  Good ol "You young whippersnappers can't teach me nothing" rebuttal.    It's funny here how you acknowledge that your opinion is just yours but earlier and in previous threads you make it seem like your opinion is shared by the world.  I don't need to earn the right to point this out.  To be quite honest the very fact that I have a registered screen name on this forum allows me to say anything I want in regards to how you express 'your opinion'.  Had this been the first time this has come up it probably would have been ignored but you are NOTORIOUS for taking your own opinion and dislike of the Lakers an applying it abroad.

And where did I ever say I had something to do with the Lakers winning?  I didn't.  Not in a single spot.  I'll chalk this up to an old man rant cuz he felt the need to raise his blood pressure.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »

Ahh it never fails.  Good ol "You young whippersnappers can't teach me nothing" rebuttal.    It's funny here how you acknowledge that your opinion is just yours but earlier and in previous threads you make it seem like your opinion is shared by the world.  I don't need to earn the right to point this out.  To be quite honest the very fact that I have a registered screen name on this forum allows me to say anything I want in regards to how you express 'your opinion'.  Had this been the first time this has come up it probably would have been ignored but you are NOTORIOUS for taking your own opinion and dislike of the Lakers an applying it abroad.

And where did I ever say I had something to do with the Lakers winning?  I didn't.  Not in a single spot.  I'll chalk this up to an old man rant cuz he felt the need to raise his blood pressure.

Young people can teach me plenty. Your example just makes those who are better informed more amenable. And how others may interpret my opinion as universal fact or not is not my call, as they can agree or not with my thoughts on Kobe and his worthiness and citizenship. While his game is stellar, I cannot equate him with a Garnett or a Duncan simply because on other issues he is not up to their standards.

But as for my somehow influencing the world with my Laker opinions and making them universally regarded, I thank you for the credit, but must modestly hestitate in accepting such accolades. Though it would do me honor if such were the case.

As for that last reference you make, THAT was clearly a pot calling the kettle black innuendo I made regarding your NOTORIOUS habit of converting the comments of others into trite, and immature irrelevance. THAT, your lameness, was BAIT that you gobbled up and spewed out facing the wind, so to speak.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »

Who said I didn't respect Kobe's work ethic?  Not me!  Your Laker paranoia is getting the best of you.  What I said was that I don't have to respect Kobe's work ethic, or anything else about Kobe, just because you tell me I need to.

You can disagree if you want, it is your right, but I believe that there are certain aspects of the game that you HAVE to respect as a big time NBA fan.  Work ethic, leadership, and drive falls under that to me.

westkoast, how about I change your original post, and tell you that "YOU MUST RESPECT THE JAILBLAZER ERA TRAILBLAZERS, BECAUSE OF THEIR WORK ETHIC".  Now tell me you wouldn't tell me to go fly a kite.

I wouldn't tell you to fly a kite.  You know why?  Even though Rasheed Wallace was a "bad boy" if you said I had to respect his drive and competitiveness I would have to agree with you.  Not all players have the same fire that Rasheed Wallace does.  I respect that about him actually.  The reason he was getting so many T's is he plays hard and puts it all on the floor.

and this relates how???

What you are the only person who gets to go over the top to prove a point?

Very simply westkoast, this isn't about Kobe, or the Blazers, or Jordan, or Barkley.  This is about you and your insistence that I must do or believe what you believe.  If I want to have an irrational hatred of Kobe, and choose not to respect him or his work ethic or anything else then so fricking what?

I never said you can't hate Kobe.  In fact I believe I said the opposite of that.  You can hate Kobe as a person.  I am not saying you have to like him as a person.  There are parts of what he brings onto the court that you have to like as a huge basketball fan.

Of all the basketball related posts on this board, 90% are Laker, Spurs, and Philly posts.  The rare occasion where the subject starts out as a post about the Jazz, TWolves, Blazers or Kings, they invariably evolve into a discussion of the aforementioned big 3. Now my Blazers have sucked for quite a while, so there really is no compelling reason to talk about them, so I figure my role here is to play the devils advocate, and to keep the rest of you honest.  I think the same holds true for Jomal, JN, Skandery, and Derek.  Well you and the rest of Laker Nation love to rant about Reality, and his lack of objectivity, hatred of the Lakers, and seeming obsession with the Lakers and Kobe.  I figure it is my role to point out when you guys fall into the same "Reality" trap.

Hay I don't mind.  Do you!  Saying that I think there are certain aspects of basketball that every big time fan should respect has nothing to do with objectivity.  To quote the grumpy grandpa "ITS MY OPINION"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »

Young people can teach me plenty. Your example just makes those who are better informed more amenable. And how others may interpret my opinion as universal fact or not is not my call, as they can agree or not with my thoughts on Kobe and his worthiness and citizenship. While his game is stellar, I cannot equate him with a Garnett or a Duncan simply because on other issues he is not up to their standards.

But as for my somehow influencing the world with my Laker opinions and making them universally regarded, I thank you for the credit, but must modestly hestitate in accepting such accolades. Though it would do me honor if such were the case.

As for that last reference you make, THAT was clearly a pot calling the kettle black innuendo I made regarding your NOTORIOUS habit of converting the comments of others into trite, and immature irrelevance. THAT, your lameness, was BAIT that you gobbled up and spewed out facing the wind, so to speak.

YAWN  ::)

You cannot equate him to Duncan or Garnett for personal bias and the fact he is a major reason why your Sacramento Kings don't have a title.  Maybe it was a bit bad to lump Ziggy in with my comment about biter fans but that surely describes you to a T.  Please tell me the things that Duncan and Garnett do that Kobe doesn't ON THE BASKETBALL COURT.  Prior to this year you could bring up leadership but that one seems to be nipped in the butt.  You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that.

You don't influence the world.  Nor is your opinion universally accepted across the board.  Not even in your backwards redneck town is it true.  If only you would realize your problem.  One could only wish!

As for bait...I find it a little ironic considering you got upset in this thread after a comment I made.  To the point where you start bringing up something I never said.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 10:14:27 AM »
Of all the basketball related posts on this board, 90% are Laker, Spurs, and Philly posts.  The rare occasion where the subject starts out as a post about the Jazz, TWolves, Blazers or Kings, they invariably evolve into a discussion of the aforementioned big 3.

Anyone who reads this board with half interest would know that is the case but NOT because of Laker fans.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »
Of all the basketball related posts on this board, 90% are Laker, Spurs, and Philly posts.  The rare occasion where the subject starts out as a post about the Jazz, TWolves, Blazers or Kings, they invariably evolve into a discussion of the aforementioned big 3.

Anyone who reads this board with half interest would know that is the case but NOT because of Laker fans.

Where is that damn puke smilie when you need it.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 10:42:20 AM »
Hmm, I wonder who tries to make every thread about the Lakers or Kobe?  It's not a Laker fan!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »
Hmm, I wonder who tries to make every thread about the Lakers or Kobe?  It's not a Laker fan!

Exactly.  Where is the "duh" smiley?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »

Of course it is...everyone knows that Reality is a closet Laker fan.  He just needs to come out of the closet like you.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »

Of course it is...everyone knows that Reality is a closet Laker fan.  He just needs to come out of the closet like you.

So his marriage to the Spurs is a sham?  SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

You cannot equate him to Duncan or Garnett for personal bias and the fact he is a major reason why your Sacramento Kings don't have a title.  Maybe it was a bit bad to lump Ziggy in with my comment about biter fans but that surely describes you to a T.  Please tell me the things that Duncan and Garnett do that Kobe doesn't ON THE BASKETBALL COURT.  Prior to this year you could bring up leadership but that one seems to be nipped in the butt.  You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that.

You don't influence the world.  Nor is your opinion universally accepted across the board.  Not even in your backwards redneck town is it true.  If only you would realize your problem.  One could only wish!

As for bait...I find it a little ironic considering you got upset in this thread after a comment I made.  To the point where you start bringing up something I never said.

my comment about biter fans

nipped in the butt

After having a good laugh at your expense over these spoonerisms, I suggest you review your posts prior to hitting the send button. The correct words would be "bitter" and "bud", but your take is unintentionally hilarious.

You bring up things people never said all the time. In fact, it is your single claim to fame around here. It is practically guaranteed you will start talking about other people's posts in regards to things they never said as if it was their idea and not yours. This has been your 'standard' for as long as you have posted. Either you have one of the most severe reading disabilities of all time, or you are simply too lazy to actually try to comprehend the intent of other posters. Or it could be the early onset of seniality.

Whatever, your case is hopeless and I just thought you should know.

"your backwards redneck town"  <YAWN>  When you find someone to give you a more creative comeback. let us know. The source that gave you this one must have died years ago.

"As for bait...I find it a little ironic considering you got upset in this thread after a comment I made" Actually, it is more mordant then ironic, but then, really, how the hell would you know?

"To the point where you start bringing up something I never said" That was the whole baiting point, there, Spanky. You know, the part about bringing up something you never said? Remember? Your bread and 'bitter' of posting here?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »
LOL oh it's turning into a spelling battle now?  I saw there was a few typos and spelling in errors in your post but didn't feel the need to comment on it.  Thanks for the english lesson Gramps!  Keep falling back on your crutch.  I was wondering how you were going to completely ignore my question about Duncan, Kg, and Kobe.  If all else fails, use spelling!!!!

Once again the kettle calling the pot black.  As if *YOU* never ever in the history of this board have ever taken what any other poster has said and been wrong in what they were getting at.  It's happened MANY MANY times with you and Laker posters.  More times then one can count.  Please refrain from bringing something like that up because obviously your memory is doing you a disservice in this department.  You continue to do the same exact thing.  Maybe you are going senial.  Maybe you just suffer from selective memory.  Got to be one or the other.

Since you gave me some spelling advice I will give you some advice.  Stop keeping a chip on your shoulder about a basketball team and player.  The fact that your team never won a title is not the end of the world and I think you have much more important things to dwell on.  Out of all the bad things you've seen in the last century one would assume you'd have more to be upset about then a basketball team and a single basketball player.

And really should you of all people talk about creative comebacks?  Now that is FUNNY!  Thanks for the laugh.  I needed that today.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:57:28 AM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
LOL oh it's turning into a spelling battle now?  I saw there was a few typos and spelling in errors in your post but didn't feel the need to comment on it.  Thanks for the english lesson Gramps!  Keep falling back on your crutch.  I was wondering how you were going to completely ignore my question about Duncan, Kg, and Kobe.  If all else fails, use spelling!!!!

Once again the kettle calling the pot black.  As if *YOU* never ever in the history of this board have ever taken what any other poster has said and been wrong in what they were getting at.  It's happened MANY MANY times with you and Laker posters.  More times then one can count.  Please refrain from bringing something like that up because obviously your memory is doing you a disservice in this department.  You continue to do the same exact thing.  Maybe you are going senial.  Maybe you just suffer from selective memory.  Got to be one or the other.

Since you gave me some spelling advice I will give you some advice.  Stop keeping a chip on your shoulder about a basketball team and player.  The fact that your team never won a title is not the end of the world and I think you have much more important things to dwell on.  Out of all the bad things you've seen in the last century one would assume you'd have more to be upset about then a basketball team and a single basketball player.

And really should you of all people talk about creative comebacks?  Now that is FUNNY!  Thanks for the laugh.  I needed that today.

It wasn't just the typos, or spelling errors, if that was the case, but in the context with what you were saying - they are called 'spoonerisms"

And for your information, I have rarely NOT understood what other posters were getting at, but I freely admit to twisting their words around on them because I can. YOU, on the other hand, can only wish you were that clever. Bone up, in another forty years or so, if you should live so long, you may also learn how to be clever like that. But you do not seem to be willing to learn, unfortunately, so.....back to junior high remedial reading for you. How many times does that make it for you repeating that clase now?

"You cannot equate him to Duncan or Garnett for personal bias and the fact he is a major reason why your Sacramento Kings don't have a title.  Maybe it was a bit bad to lump Ziggy in with my comment about biter fans but that surely describes you to a T.  Please tell me the things that Duncan and Garnett do that Kobe doesn't ON THE BASKETBALL COURT.  Prior to this year you could bring up leadership but that one seems to be nipped in the butt.  You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that. "

Ah yes, back to the basketball point at hand. You see, it was admittedly difficult for me to respond to your....um.....insights here.

"You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that............."

I was hoping you would have edited this before I needed to mention this, but if you insist....IF you actually are saying that KG and Duncan lack fundamentals; they lack drive; they lack killer instinct; they lack work ethic ("ethics" is NOT a good word to suggest applies to Kobe in any way, shape or form, BTW) and all in comparison to your guy.....do I have to say how brazenly biased you are sounding? Or, to be polite, naive? Or, to be very unpolite, stupid? Do not get carried away with your obvious dislike for me by opening yourself up to the kind of criticism you could get from the Spurs fans around here by implying their key guy, Duncan, is a lazy wimp with no basic basketball skills. Suddenly your basketball credibility comes to be questioned.

What else do you believe, that LeBron is "overrated"? That the "pick and roll" is actually a dating move to cover up digging for nose nuggets while rotating around your date so she doesn't notice? Who are You?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »
I am unwilling to accept that Reality is a TransLakerite -- if such is the case, please remain in the closet.  There is definately no room on the Laker bandwagon.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 12:35:12 PM »

It wasn't just the typos, or spelling errors, if that was the case, but in the context with what you were saying - they are called 'spoonerisms"

And for your information, I have rarely NOT understood what other posters were getting at, but I freely admit to twisting their words around on them because I can. YOU, on the other hand, can only wish you were that clever. Bone up, in another forty years or so, if you should live so long, you may also learn how to be clever like that. But you do not seem to be willing to learn, unfortunately, so.....back to junior high remedial reading for you. How many times does that make it for you repeating that clase now?

"You cannot equate him to Duncan or Garnett for personal bias and the fact he is a major reason why your Sacramento Kings don't have a title.  Maybe it was a bit bad to lump Ziggy in with my comment about biter fans but that surely describes you to a T.  Please tell me the things that Duncan and Garnett do that Kobe doesn't ON THE BASKETBALL COURT.  Prior to this year you could bring up leadership but that one seems to be nipped in the butt.  You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that. "

Ah yes, back to the basketball point at hand. You see, it was admittedly difficult for me to respond to your....um.....insights here.

"You can't bring up drive, fundamentals, killer instinct (which Duncan and KG do not have), work ethic, or any of that............."

I was hoping you would have edited this before I needed to mention this, but if you insist....IF you actually are saying that KG and Duncan lack fundamentals; they lack drive; they lack killer instinct; they lack work ethic ("ethics" is NOT a good word to suggest applies to Kobe in any way, shape or form, BTW) and all in comparison to your guy.....do I have to say how brazenly biased you are sounding? Or, to be polite, naive? Or, to be very unpolite, stupid? Do not get carried away with your obvious dislike for me by opening yourself up to the kind of criticism you could get from the Spurs fans around here by implying their key guy, Duncan, is a lazy wimp with no basic basketball skills. Suddenly your basketball credibility comes to be questioned.

What else do you believe, that LeBron is "overrated"? That the "pick and roll" is actually a dating move to cover up digging for nose nuggets while rotating around your date so she doesn't notice? Who are You?

I can't believe that after your whole rant above you make comments like you did in bold.  Talk about not getting a basic point and proving what I am saying at the same time.  Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting.  You are just as guilty of twisting as anyone else.  Get off your high horse and think next time before you bring it up.  Or print this out and hang it next to your computer monitor so you can REMEMBER that you do this on the regular.  It is beyond stupid for you to even make a comment like 'Are you saying Duncan and KG lack fundamentals'  For all the times you toot your own horn about your supreme brain power I find it hard to believe you couldn't understand that I was saying there.  It wasn't saying they couldn't do those things.  In fact I was saying ALL 3 of them do those things except I don't believe KG and Duncan have a killer instinct (this playoffs have proved that yet again).

Again...Please tell me what puts Duncan and KG on a higher level then Kobe Bryant with out using your personal hatred for him.  You don't have to respond right away but sometime between now and when you fall asleep watching Murder She Wrote.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:39:05 PM by westkoast »