Author Topic: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?  (Read 16717 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »

I am not disagreeing, just pointing out to WK that it is NOT official as he seems to think.

You're a real ballbuster aren't ya?   ;)

Just trying to keep wk out of Realityville where voices in your head are "official inside sources". ;)
That always come true.
 :D :D Owned.

The sad part is you really believe that.....   :'(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »
Kind of confused on how all negative things Laker get posted quite quickly but not a single mention of Kobe getting the MVP. 

Why would anybody outside Kobeville WANT to be the first to mention it? What took YOU so long?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »
Kind of confused on how all negative things Laker get posted quite quickly but not a single mention of Kobe getting the MVP. 

Why would anybody outside Kobeville WANT to be the first to mention it? What took YOU so long?

The same reason why people announce players who are not apart of their "ville" winning awards.  That's like asking why someone outside of Garnettville would want to announce his defensive player of the year award.

The reason I didn't post it is I did not hear any information until Saturday....which no one posts here on the weekend.  Yesterday I was a bit tied up watching the Lakers and Jazz live.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »
You don't have to like the team he's on.  You don't have to bow to him after scoring 81 in a regular season game.  You DO have to respect his work ethic, commitment, and his killer instinct on the court.

With all due respect, I DON'T HAVE TO DO JACK FRICKING DIDDLY.  I very well may respect his work ethic, his commitment, his killer instinct, his talent, his skill, his athletic ability, and in fact many many other things about Kobe, but it is the height of Laker hubris to DEMAND that I respect anything about him.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
You don't have to like the team he's on.  You don't have to bow to him after scoring 81 in a regular season game.  You DO have to respect his work ethic, commitment, and his killer instinct on the court.

With all due respect, I DON'T HAVE TO DO JACK FRICKING DIDDLY.  I very well may respect his work ethic, his commitment, his killer instinct, his talent, his skill, his athletic ability, and in fact many many other things about Kobe, but it is the height of Laker hubris to DEMAND that I respect anything about him.
::)

As a basketball fan you should.  If you weren't a basketball fan then it wouldn't apply to you.  However you are and as a big fan of the sport you should respect players who bring it every single game.

I don't have to like Ray Allen but as a basketball fan I have to respect his shooting ability because it's top notch.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »

::)

As a basketball fan you should.  If you weren't a basketball fan then it wouldn't apply to you.  However you are and as a big fan of the sport you should respect players who bring it every single game.

I don't have to like Ray Allen but as a basketball fan I have to respect his shooting ability because it's top notch.

Thanks for clearing that up, now I know who I need to go to when I am unsure if I should respect an athlete or not, just ask westkoast he can set you straight!!! ::) ::) ::)

So just to make sure there is no confusion

Should I respect Mike Vick because he is so full of compassion, and is willing to put a valued but injured friend to rest to relieve their suffering?
Should I respect Barry Bonds and his unbending desire to be the best he can be?
Should I respect Rasheed Wallace and his unwillingness to be held down by the man, to stand up for what he believes in, even when it may cost him?
Should I respect Chris Wallace for being willing to stand for his convictions, buck the world, and trade his best player for an old tire and a bucket of goo?
Should I respect Roger Clemens for taking on a "Benedict Arnold" who used Roger and his money, and is now throwing Roger under the bus to cleanse his soul?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »
Those would be excellent examples if you DISCLUDED what they do personally and INCLUDED what they do well inside the competition playing field.

Kind of stupid to bring up Barry Bonds using steroids, Mike Vick killing a dog, and Rasheed Wallaces marijuana convicition.  That was exactly the OPPOSITE of what I was getting at.  I guess I should have bolded the part where I seperated him as a person from what he does on the court.  Guess it wasn't clear enough.  It was so out there not even a beagle could sniff out such a basic point.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
LOL!  Kobe ownage runs deep.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
Those would be excellent examples if you DISCLUDED what they do personally and INCLUDED what they do well inside the competition playing field.

Kind of stupid to bring up Barry Bonds using steroids, Mike Vick killing a dog, and Rasheed Wallaces marijuana convicition.  That was exactly the OPPOSITE of what I was getting at.  I guess I should have bolded the part where I seperated him as a person from what he does on the court.  Guess it wasn't clear enough.  It was so out there not even a beagle could sniff out such a basic point.

You don't think I got your point????  Of course I got your point, I was just going over the top to show you the absurdity of your point.  You of course didn't get mine.  I shouldn't have to do, believe, or like anything, regardless of what you or anyone else says.  To believe otherwise is the definition of hubris, hence my earlier reference.  To qualify it by stating that this only applies if you are a basketball fan, is a non sequitur.  It is not an argument where the conclusion follows the premise.

So Way Out West, do I now get to say "OWNAGE"?

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 03:28:38 PM »

The same reason why people announce players who are not apart of their "ville" winning awards.  That's like asking why someone outside of Garnettville would want to announce his defensive player of the year award.

The reason I didn't post it is I did not hear any information until Saturday....which no one posts here on the weekend.  Yesterday I was a bit tied up watching the Lakers and Jazz live.

Except that Kobe does not equal Garnett on the humanity scale. Easier to admire Garnettville members over Kobeville whoits's. The "who cares" icky scale also is heavily weighted in Kobe's favor.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 03:32:21 PM »

Own away.  I get your point, I do not have to respect ANY athlete if I didn't want to, an easy thing to do considering I use up most of my respect points on the men and women in our armed forces (firemen/women too).
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »

Except that Kobe does not equal Garnett on the humanity scale. Easier to admire Garnettville members over Kobeville whoits's. The "who cares" icky scale also is heavily weighted in Kobe's favor.

That is your personal opinion.  We really need to sit you down and work on letting you know that your opinions are not universal.

Not really surprised a Kings and a Blazers fan are upset with #8.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »

You don't think I got your point????  Of course I got your point, I was just going over the top to show you the absurdity of your point.  You of course didn't get mine.  I shouldn't have to do, believe, or like anything, regardless of what you or anyone else says.  To believe otherwise is the definition of hubris, hence my earlier reference.  To qualify it by stating that this only applies if you are a basketball fan, is a non sequitur.  It is not an argument where the conclusion follows the premise.

Right.  As a basketball fan there has to be certain things you respect inside of the game or else why would you be so into basketball like you are?  How can you be a huge basketball fan and not respect the work ethic of Kobe Bryant?  Better yet how could you be a raving Blazers fan and ignore all the problems that team had but can't ignore problems other sports figures have?  You didn't have a single ounce of respect for any "Jailblazer" yet you continued to follow them like no other.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess you don't respect Michael Jordan's work ethic because he gambles a lot.

or

You can't respect Charles Barkley's work in the paint because he tossed a guy through a window.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:42:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
How can you be a huge basketball fan and not respect the work ethic of Kobe Bryant? 

Who said I didn't respect Kobe's work ethic?  Not me!  Your Laker paranoia is getting the best of you.  What I said was that I don't have to respect Kobe's work ethic, or anything else about Kobe, just because you tell me I need to.

Better yet how could you be a raving Blazers fan and ignore all the problems that team had but can't ignore problems other sports figures have?  You didn't have a single ounce of respect for any "Jailblazer" yet you continued to follow them like no other.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

westkoast, how about I change your original post, and tell you that "YOU MUST RESPECT THE JAILBLAZER ERA TRAILBLAZERS, BECAUSE OF THEIR WORK ETHIC".  Now tell me you wouldn't tell me to go fly a kite.

I guess you don't respect Michael Jordan's work ethic because he gambles a lot.
or
You can't respect Charles Barkley's work in the paint because he tossed a guy through a window.

and this relates how???

Very simply westkoast, this isn't about Kobe, or the Blazers, or Jordan, or Barkley.  This is about you and your insistence that I must do or believe what you believe.  If I want to have an irrational hatred of Kobe, and choose not to respect him or his work ethic or anything else then so fricking what?

Of all the basketball related posts on this board, 90% are Laker, Spurs, and Philly posts.  The rare occasion where the subject starts out as a post about the Jazz, TWolves, Blazers or Kings, they invariably evolve into a discussion of the aforementioned big 3. Now my Blazers have sucked for quite a while, so there really is no compelling reason to talk about them, so I figure my role here is to play the devils advocate, and to keep the rest of you honest.  I think the same holds true for Jomal, JN, Skandery, and Derek.  Well you and the rest of Laker Nation love to rant about Reality, and his lack of objectivity, hatred of the Lakers, and seeming obsession with the Lakers and Kobe.  I figure it is my role to point out when you guys fall into the same "Reality" trap.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

That is your personal opinion.  We really need to sit you down and work on letting you know that your opinions are not universal.

You don't have the right to sit me down and lecture me on ANYTHING, kid. You have not earned that right.

I don't give a crap if my opinions are not universal; they are my opinions. And just because your team has experienced more success then mine, or ziggy's, certainly has no direct bearing on YOU, or what YOU may think. YOU had nothing to do with how the Lakers succeeded, so don't act like your judgement is universal either.