Author Topic: Dallas at San Antone  (Read 3455 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 08:09:57 PM »
Tony longoria and "fabs" fabio oberto will not allow us to lose...you watch.

:rolleyes:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 01:45:04 AM »
Tony longoria and "fabs" fabio oberto will not allow us to lose...you watch.

:rolleyes:
That's the spirit Xs3. :wub:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 01:33:55 AM »
Very nice win by the Spurs in a playoff like environment.  That was the older brother whipping down on the younger brother if I have ever seen it.

This game proves two things...

1) Dallas is not on the Spurs level untill they can play playoff caliber defense ala SA

2) Defense seperates the best teams from the good teams

:up:  to  Nazr, Horry, and Finley (Reality is having a triple threat heart attack right now) and most important Bruce Bowen.  That was another impressive defensive game by him.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:37:32 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »
Very nice win by the Spurs in a playoff like environment.  That was the older brother whipping down on the younger brother if I have ever seen it.

This game proves two things...

1) Dallas is not on the Spurs level untill they can play playoff caliber defense ala SA

2) Defense seperates the best teams from the good teams

:up:  to  Nazr, Horry, and Finley (Reality is having a triple threat heart attack right now) and most important Bruce Bowen.  That was another impressive defensive game by him.
You forgot to give proper props to Superstar Barry and the Dirk-stopper Oberto.  Shame on you 'koast.   :angry:

:cheers:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:05 AM »
Reality, how's "Bricks" Finley doing! B)

Did you happen to catch Finley's 11 points in the fourth quarter to ice the deal, yesterday.  Did you particularly like his 5 for 9 from the field or Manu's 2 for 7.  I think Finley was lurking around our phillyarena board here and took issue with you're nickname "Bricks".  I think you called out the wrong guy.  Now you're therapy for today.  Congratulate Fin, Reality...

...come on...

....I know its hard, but you can do it....

...nice and easy.. B)

:up:

I especially loved the delicious irony of Cuban having to pay Fin his $54 million to watch him destroy his beloved Mavs.  And I think when they meet in the second round, Finley is going to destroy them, AGAIN!

Major props has to go to Bruce Bowen.  He shot 1000% every possible way he could, 3/3 from field, 1/1 from three, 4/4 from FT.  All while holding Nowitzki to 6/15 and still grabbing 8 boards.  Horry had a great game (surprise, surprise it was a big game that meant something), I think he's genetically hardwired to perform outstanding in big game situations.

This was a statement game and for all the wins from Dallas and all the credit that's gone to AJ and his defensive influence, the Spurs showed everyone they are still well in the driver's seat in the West.      
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 10:11:51 AM »
Some interesting stats from the game....

Assists:  SA 20 (every player had at least one)  Dallas 10.  This is an area that SA (and Detroit) excell at....forcing the opponent to play one-on-one basketball.  Very few passes that actually lead to buckets.

Turnovers: SA 9, Dallas 15  This offset Dallas' advantage in offensive boards (13-8).

Fastbreak points:  SA 8, Dallas 17  This points out (especially in connection with the above two stats) how badly overmatched the Mavs were in a halfcourt game....or in other words playoff style basketball.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
Also props out to Pop who became the 4th fastest coach to reach 500 wins.  Only 3 who did it faster...Jackson, Riley & KC Jones.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »
Some interesting stats from the game....

Assists:  SA 20 (every player had at least one)  Dallas 10.  This is an area that SA (and Detroit) excell at....forcing the opponent to play one-on-one basketball.  Very few passes that actually lead to buckets.

Turnovers: SA 9, Dallas 15  This offset Dallas' advantage in offensive boards (13-8).

Fastbreak points:  SA 8, Dallas 17  This points out (especially in connection with the above two stats) how badly overmatched the Mavs were in a halfcourt game....or in other words playoff style basketball.
This is why Dallas will continue to fall short in the playoffs until Duncan retires.  There is just no way that Dallas can handle SA's half court offense as long as he suits up.  Granted he didn't have a dominating game on the offensive end but the defense has to respect him and his teammates will burn them because of it.

Maybe you older NBA fans could help me out but when is the last time a team had a perimeter defender as good as Bowen and a post defender as good as Duncan on the same team?  Whatever he is doing on all these tough matchupes is working.  Honestly I didn't think he was going to slow Dirk down very much prior to the game.   Forcing a guy who can elevate and shoot over you anytime into missing shots is very hard to do.  Major props for that.  Gotta love having a perimeter defender you can stick on everyone.

Flabs: DNP - reason?  Playoff caliber game, too important  :rofl:  :rofl:

I apologize for not giving guys props who do not deserve them and giving them to Super Nazr, Ultra Megastar Horry, and Fantastic Finley instead because they played well last night.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 10:56:13 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »
Maybe you older NBA fans could help me out but when is the last time a team had a perimeter defender as good as Bowen and a post defender as good as Duncan on the same team?  Whatever he is doing on all these tough matchupes is working.  Honestly I didn't think he was going to slow Dirk down very much prior to the game.   Forcing a guy who can elevate and shoot over you anytime into missing shots is very hard to do.  Major props for that.  Gotta love having a perimeter defender you can stick on everyone.

Hate to say it but I think it was a Laker team with a couple guys named Cooper & Jabbar.   :up:  
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 11:44:50 AM »
You guys are just wasting your time trying to analyze this game based on nonsense like basketball matchups and speedier players versus defense, etc. This is the REAL reason the game turned:

Stackhouse has biting words for official

By ART GARCIASTAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

SAN ANTONIO – It’s unclear whether Spurs forward Robert Horry bit Mavericks guard Jerry Stackhouse late in the fourth quarter. Veteran official Dick Bavetta didn’t go quite so unscathed, as Stackhouse sunk his teeth into the referee after San Antonio’s 98-89 win Thursday night at the AT&T Center.

"Somebody saw Bavetta get off the bus [Wednesday] night and I thought, 'Oh, [expletive].' I knew what was coming," Stackhouse said, fully aware of the probable consequences of his words.

"Every time we see him, he wants to grandstand the whole game. It’s supposed to be about the Mavs and the Spurs. It’s not about him. Just call the [expletive] game. [Expletive] Dick Bavetta."

Stackhouse expressed disappointment in several non-calls throughout the game, and picked up a double-technical with Horry when the two locked arms with 1:02 left in the game.

Replays showed Horry possibly biting Stackhouse’s arm, an episode heavily discussed the within the Mavs locker room. Horry denied biting Stackhouse.
Asked whether Horry drew flesh, Stackhouse turned the heat back on the 66-year-old official. Bavetta is in his 31st season.

"I didn’t see that," Stackhouse said. "But ask Dick Bavetta. He thinks he sees every-[expletive]-thing else."

The Spurs attempted 36 free throws to the Mavs’ 25.

According to Mark Cuban, the Mavs have already filed a complaint against Horry with the league and the owner expects a suspension for the Spurs reserve to follow.

Bavetta and the other two officials, Sean Corbin and Ron Olesiak, didn’t leave the arena until approximately 1:20 a.m., nearly two hours after the game. It’s standard procedure for the officiating crew to file a report to the league office after every game.

Told of Stackhouse’s criticism, Bavetta declined comment.

So the untold story is that Horry biting Stackhouse completely undid the Mavs, and the officials handed the game to the Spurs.

Another game's outcome decided prior to the tipoff. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »

I think Finley was lurking around our phillyarena board here and took issue with you're nickname "Bricks".  I think you called out the wrong guy.  Now you're therapy for today.  Congratulate Fin, Reality...
I've only seen the 1st half so far.  Late night, taped.

So far Finley has been very unimpressive, the topper being the missed dunk and Josh Howard definitely getting the better of him, while the entrance of Norville Rogers aka 'Shaggy' aka Brent Barry resulted in a 10 point deficit becoming a haltime virtual tie.
Zoinks!

So I will await viewing Fins response to my encouragement to pick up his game and your claims that he did.  Viewing 3rd and 4th this aft.

Dallas whining about the calls?  They should have been thanking the crew for the 1st half.  

By the way Koast i found Social D to be very not my cup of tea.  Apparantly the 3-4 songs I am familiar with and like are much different from their other 20 in concert.  Which sounded to me like the same song being played over and over.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

I think Finley was lurking around our phillyarena board here and took issue with you're nickname "Bricks".  I think you called out the wrong guy.  Now you're therapy for today.  Congratulate Fin, Reality...
I've only seen the 1st half so far.  Late night, taped.

So far Finley has been very unimpressive, the topper being the missed dunk and Josh Howard definitely getting the better of him, while the entrance of Norville Rogers aka 'Shaggy' aka Brent Barry resulted in a 10 point deficit becoming a haltime virtual tie.
Zoinks!

So I will await viewing Fins response to my encouragement to pick up his game and your claims that he did.  Viewing 3rd and 4th this aft.

Dallas whining about the calls?  They should have been thanking the crew for the 1st half.  

By the way Koast i found Social D to be very not my cup of tea.  Apparantly the 3-4 songs I am familiar with and like are much different from their other 20 in concert.  Which sounded to me like the same song being played over and over.
Finley shows his stuff in the 2nd half of the game so you are not quite up to where "Bricks" quality play comes in we all are talking about.

I wonder what they played last night Reality that you didn't like.  Also, ive heard from others that their sound guy sucks.  I wonder if he wasn't balancing all the levels right and one piece ended up drowning out the rest causing alot of the songs to sound the same.

Stackhouse is going to get a huge fine before Horry ever gets suspended for doing his best Mike Tyson impersination.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »
:hail: Bob Horry again.  Where would the Spurs be without him. :rolleyes:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 12:34:57 PM »
:hail: Bob Horry again.  Where would the Spurs be without him. :rolleyes:
I'd say about one title short of what their current number is  :rofl:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »
Regarding the Horry "bite"...I saw it several times on ESPN this morning and also on the local news.  Stackhouse comes charging across the lane doing his best impression of a 300 lb offensive lineman.  Hory and Stackhouse's arms get tangled up and Horry opens his mouth to apply a bite on Stackhouse's forearm.  He then seems to gains his wits and backs off before chomping down.

Stack is just whining because they got flat out beat.  And now his pocketbook will be lighter....criticizing the refs publically is definately a big no-no in Stern's world.
-Moody Blues