Author Topic: Dallas at San Antone  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 01:27:06 PM »
I wonder what they played last night Reality that you didn't like.  Also, ive heard from others that their sound guy sucks.  I wonder if he wasn't balancing all the levels right and one piece ended up drowning out the rest causing alot of the songs to sound the same.

Well for one thing, they did not play "Don't Drag me Down." - which i like and incorrectly assumed would be a Social D staple.  :huh:

Intersting you mention the sound guy.  The emcee came out well after the 1st band to intro Social D.  He did that lame arsed tired old trying to force the crowd to answer his calls louder and louder.   You know the schtick.  "Are you ready for some Social D?  I can't hear you.  Are you ready for some Social D?  You're not loud enough."  After the literal 5th time it got really annoying.  Bear in mind the warmup band had already "asked" us if "we were ready for SD" about 5 times.  It was hotter then crap at HOB, the crowd was polite but was understandbly like "Yes jerk emcee, we are ready, enough with the teasers, get off the stage and on with SD."

Well, at that point, instead of SD coming on, like 15 minutes went by.  Which might not seem long, but if its after all the teasers and anticipated start.....Yes it was strange.  But again props to a polite crowd.  Anyway at that point the same emcee says "Jorge Garcia could you please come to the sound booth."  Another 10-15 maybe even 20 minutes went by and then they finally started.

Okay enough of a thread hijack, I'll watch the tape and am anticipating Bricks Finley 4th qtr morphing into Production Fins.

p.s Bob Horry i mean bailing them last night.  1st qtr into the early second was a complete disaster.  Bob Horry does it again with a steal and 3 bomb.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
Hate to say it but I think it was a Laker team with a couple guys named Cooper & Jabbar.   :up: [/quote]
 That's EXACTLY who I was thinking of Lurker, you can even toss Magic into that mix.
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 03:00:10 PM »
Hate to say it but I think it was a Laker team with a couple guys named Cooper & Jabbar.

Strange to say but those two were also the first names I thought of when westkoast asked the question.   :D  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 03:03:53 PM »
Others I can think of on the top of my head:

Alton Lister /  Sidney Moncrief (or Paul Pressey)

Bill Laimbeer /  Dennis Rodman (or Joe Dumars)

Bill Russell / John Havlicek

Moses Malone / Bobby Jones (or Dr. J.)

Shawn Kemp / Gary Payton  :nod:

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »
Quote from: Lurker,Mar 3 2006, 08:14 AM
Hate to say it but I think it was a Laker team with a couple guys named Cooper & Jabbar.   :up:
That's EXACTLY who I was thinking of Lurker, you can even toss Magic into that mix. [/quote]
 Uhmmm.....Magic and defense in the same sentence?

Byron Scott was a very under rated defender for the Lakers as well.

Kobe/Shaq 1999-2000, lethal!

Wallace and Billips/Prince is pretty good.

Deke and Lynch/Snow

Rodman and Jordan/Pippen.

Robinson and anyone who could yell out "Help Big Dave".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »
Actually I would pick Elliot in combination with DRob.  Sean was a very underrated defender.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 04:53:36 PM »
Actually I would pick Elliot in combination with DRob.  Sean was a very underrated defender.
IMO your boy Avery was underrated in that department as well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 02:36:32 PM »
Saw 2nd half.  Props to Fins.  His 3 pter and dunk :up:

Dallas at times falls under the same undoing as Spurs in times past.  Dump it to Novitsky and stand around.  Josh Howard and others should have got the shots in the second half.

Manu is playing at about 80%.  Hopefully he heals up by playoff time and Randy will again get to see SuperManu in the Finals.

Guest_Randy

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »
I'm sorry to interrupt whatever this thread has turned into but I didn't get a chance to comment after the game -- and it WAS a great game.

Just some thoughts of the game:
1)  TD doesn't look healthy -- this HAS to be a concern for Spurs fans going into the playoffs.
2)  Bowen was AWESOME -- he REALLY got into Dirk's head and kept him out of his game.  Bowen bodied him up and played some very aggressive and physical D with just enough "trapping" that it kept Dirk guessing (that defense looked exactly like what the Lakers did to TD several years ago).
3)  It was funny when Manu tried to be Bowen and play defense on Dirk!
4)  Why do people even try to play Parker at the 3 point line?  I don't get this at all -- he hasn't even had a 3 point attempt in like 5 games (or something like that) so you WANT him to jack up a shot.  I'm just really surprised how many times the opponent allows him to drive past them to get to the basket (he had more points in the paint than anyone else on either squad) -- lay off him and dare him to shoot outside (and am I mistaken or has he been told NOT to shoot outside but to take it strong to the hoop?).  
5)  I thought Avery made a mistake by taking Diop out and putting Dampier into the game -- Diop was playing much better defense than Dampier was.  

Prop to these heros:
Tony Parker -- blew right by people and took it to the hoop.  Had more points in the paint than any other player in the game.
Bruce Bowen -- put on a phenomenal display of defense against Dirk.  Add Pop's defensive scheme of running different players at him (different times, different players) and Dirk's offensive game was negated.  Bowen really got into Dirk's head -- personally, I don't think he can do that every game.  However, don't overlook Bowen's offensive game either -- how many big shots did he make?
Robert Horry -- everytime he had the ball when the Spurs needed a shot or the Mavs were trying to come back, Horry makes a huge shot.
Finley -- same with Horry.
Mohammed -- this guy was HUGE -- not as much offensively (although he did have a couple of big shots) but defensively this guy was all over the court.  Perhaps others might not agree but I think Mohammed is KEY to the Spurs shot at another title -- if he can't play alongside TD, I don't think the Spurs can win (unless TD is 100%).  

What I missed:
Manu being able to guard a "much taller player" -- Manu being anything related to a superhero -- he wasn't even on "The Tick's" level.
Oberto's presence in the game -- I must have blinked or something.  Didn't someone here say that he was going to guard Dirk?  Hmm.

Oh, I did say that this was an important game and therefore Oberto wouldn't make it off the bench.  Wow, I'm a great prognosticator, huh?

It was a great game -- Spurs really opened up the lead in the 2nd half and everytime the Mavs would try to respond, Horry, Bowen, or Finley would knock down a huge shot.  It WAS a great game, however -- great defensive scheme by Pop.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 09:58:56 AM »
As for Manu?  This is funny -- ready?  He is 14 for 52 in his last 5 games -- that's 27%!  It's kind of funny that you want to berate Finley for his shooting woes and then TOTALLY ignore how horribly Manu is playing!
Ignoring.  :cheers:

Even at 80% Manu can get off on some teams. :up:
Want him at 95+ for playoffs tho.

Guest_Randy

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 10:13:26 AM »
As for Manu?  This is funny -- ready?  He is 14 for 52 in his last 5 games -- that's 27%!  It's kind of funny that you want to berate Finley for his shooting woes and then TOTALLY ignore how horribly Manu is playing!
Ignoring.  :cheers:

Even at 80% Manu can get off on some teams. :up:
Want him at 95+ for playoffs tho.
lol -- notice that you have to wait, what 7 games or so, in order to make a post like that?  You've been ragging on Kobe EVERY time he shoots under 50% -- and yet choose to ignore Manu when he is shooting 27% over a period of 5 or 6 games.  Yeah, celebrate the one game that he shoots well -- maybe that makes you feel better as a self-titled great "prognosticator."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:59 AM »
and yet choose to ignore Manu when he is shooting 27% over a period of 5 or 6 games.  Yeah, celebrate the one game that he shoots well -- maybe that makes you feel better as a self-titled great "prognosticator."
Ignoring you is different from waiting for Manu temp injury slump to end. :up:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:25:34 AM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 11:37:37 AM »
and yet choose to ignore Manu when he is shooting 27% over a period of 5 or 6 games.  Yeah, celebrate the one game that he shoots well -- maybe that makes you feel better as a self-titled great "prognosticator."
Ignoring you is different from waiting for Manu temp injury slump to end. :up:
Yeah, convenient excuse -- when he is playing great, no injury comments, when he isn't, "oh, he is injured!"  Why would Pop play Manu so many minutes when he has Finley and Barry?  Sorry, hate to confuse you with "reality."