Author Topic: Dallas at San Antone  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
Dallas at San Antone Thurs night TNT.

Who wins and why?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 05:57:49 PM »
Spurs[/b][/size]

Dunkar will continue rebounding a ton and giving more shots up to TParker and GNob.  With Bob Horry out, Pop will continue to give Brent Barry as many minutes if not more then Bricks Finley.

Close game into the mid 4th.  SuperGNob and Parker come thru in the end.

Spurs catch a break with Josh Howard out.  Mavs catch one with Bob Horry out.

rickortreat

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:54:37 PM »
Mavericks will win.

Better differential between pts. scored and points allowed.  Deeper bench.  

I don't think the Spurs can stay with the Maveriks, and I don't think they can slow them down enough.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:46:28 PM »
Spurs win

because we have Jim Dunkin, Mayo JinuBillie, Tony Longoria, Fabio Oberto, Tito Finley and are coached by Greg Popodapolous....

Dallas just has that old Spurs Player, Gary Coleman, coaching them...what chance do they got?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously, I want the Spurs to win, but if they do win this one, it will be a nail biter.  However, they have a nasty habit of losing the next game AFTER they have blown another team out.  They trounced the poor Knicks, so I will not be surprised if they lose to the Mavs.  But officially, I say Spurs by less then 4 points.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:03:41 AM »
Mavericks will win.

Better differential between pts. scored and points allowed.  Deeper bench. 

I don't think the Spurs can stay with the Maveriks, and I don't think they can slow them down enough.
"Better differential between pts. scored and points allowed."  
Step away from the stock market tables.  Spurs have a demonstrated heart and spirit.  Dallas has some fancy reg season stats but has been the same old Mavs in the one and only Gary Coleman season.

"I don't think the Spurs can stay with the Maveriks, and I don't think they can slow them down enough."

Tony Parker fastest player in league.
Manu Gnob a lightning bolt.
Brent Barry can change directions faster then a Corvette.  And he looks cool like Shaggy on Scooby Doo.
Fabs Oberto brings his Euro quickness and Gold medal experience.
Tim Duncan can still rebound.

Spurs.

I am interested to see how TParker and Jason Terry duel.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 01:46:38 AM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:50:48 AM »
Actually the difference is that the Mavs FINALLY have a defensive player in the middle of the key.  Also, SA is not one of the better perimeter defender teams, interestingly enough (judging by opponents 3pt%) -- Dallas is also leading the Spurs (statistically) in rebounding and shotblocking, interesting, huh?

It should be a very good game -- but I wouldn't count the Mavs out of the playoffs just because they haven't done it before -- there IS one thing you can say about the previous CBA PG Avery Johnson -- he is as tough as they come -- and he has managed to transfer some of that toughness to the Mavs.

Tony Parker fastest player in league.
Manu Gnob a lightning bolt.
Brent Barry can change directions faster then a Corvette. And he looks cool like Shaggy on Scooby Doo.
Fabs Oberto brings his Euro quickness and Gold medal experience.
Tim Duncan can still rebound.

Earl Boykins is the fastest player in the league -- sorry for the correction.  However, Parker has been lighting up opponents this season shooting a whopping 60% from the field.  I STILL don't know why opponents don't lay off this guy -- make him shoot the 3 (which he is shooting at 23% for the season).
As for Manu?  This is funny -- ready?  He is 14 for 52 in his last 5 games -- that's 27%!  It's kind of funny that you want to berate Finley for his shooting woes and then TOTALLY ignore how horribly Manu is playing!
Barry?  He is only averaging 15 minutes -- and while I'm glad you are impressed with his looks, that really doesn't make much difference on the basketball court.
Fabs?  The guy is averaging less minutes than Barry -- and most of his minutes come at garbage time -- which means he won't play significant minutes in this big game!
TD -- still the reason why the Spurs are a favorite for another title!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:47 AM »
Barry?  He is only averaging 15 minutes -- and while I'm glad you are impressed with his looks, that really doesn't make much difference on the basketball court.
^^^^ :rofl:  this makes your all quote list.

So after all your babbling are you going to pick a team :huh:  

Guest_Randy

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »
I think the Mavs will win -- they lost to Dallas by 2 the last time and previously blew them out of the building.  I think Dallas is playing some great ball right now while SA seems to be struggling a bit -- allowing mental lapses and TD seems to be waiting until the playoffs to play his best ball.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »
Mavericks will win.

Better differential between pts. scored and points allowed.  Deeper bench.  

And SA has a better shooting differential and assist differential.  

Scoring differential of 0.3 is almost meaningless (7.3 for Dallas to 7.0 for SA).  Dallas has 10 wins by better than 16 pts and 15 wins by 11 or more.  SA has 12 wins of 16+ and 18 wins by 11 or more.  Dallas then has 18 games with the margin between 6-10 while SA has only 14.  Basically both teams dominate the majority of the league.

FG% differential is more telling: SA .046 (rank #1) Dallas .023 (#5).  SA is #1 in defensive FG% and #3 in offensive FG%.  Dallas is ranked 11th & 6th respectively.

Also it is on SA's home court....2nd best home court record.  Dallas will have to prove it can win on the road in playoff atmosphere.   BTW Dallas' last loss at home....to the Spurs.  So I guess the Spurs can hang with the Mavs...even on their court.

SA by single digits.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »
At any other point in the season, I'd say the Spurs handily, but they seem to be coasting a little bit, Dallas is playing motivated ball right now and so I's say the Spurs still win on their home floor but it will be close.

And make no mistake, I still think Dallas is playing above their heads right now and come playoff time, will have a long way to go to prove they are for real, they've done this before so I will take a wait and see attitude, Avery Johnson is the only reason I'd say maybe they are for real.
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »
Yes Dallas could and i think will be much better in this years playoffs then last.

However, with No Integrity Stern running the show, as #1 and #4 seeds, assuming both win Round 1 playoff matchup, Dallas vs San Antone would be a 2nd round matchup.  

Bogus!
Stern is such a sell out.

Also would any referneces to him *saving the league* please cease and desist.  He came in after the 84 season, NOT the 1980 season.  Sixer-Lakers followed by Bird and Magic 7 game Finals had reignited the league.  Not Sternfish.  

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 02:51:32 PM »
My prediction - Dallas by 10

guest-koast

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »
Stern is a sell out because of how the matchups would end up working out?  Its been like that forever now.

IMO Dallas is going to have trouble adjusting to a more half court set on offense and having to play teams who are much better in their half court offense.  Also, while the defense is improved it is nowhere near the quality of defense they need to get it done in the playoffs.  The Spurs are still the team to beat.  Don't let Dallas' hot streak fool you guys.  Until Dallas can play defense that is comparable to SA and Detroit they are going to be Spurs whipping boys until Duncan leaves the league.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:25 PM »
Stern is a sell out because of how the matchups would end up working out?  Its been like that forever now.
 :rolleyes:  All the more reason.

He's had how much time to make the obvious correction.

Dallas at San Antone
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
My prediction - San Antonio by 10