Author Topic: A Walker scared off Finley?  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
A Walker scared off Finley?
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:37:52 PM »
This is from that website zig posted Truehoop.com:
http://www.truehoop.com/miami-heat-710-rep...html#discussion

Report: Walker Scared off Finley

I'm interested to know more about this: ESPN magazine has a tiny little item saying that Miami was free agent Michael Finley's first choice, until they traded for his former Dallas teammate Antoine Walker. ESPN says Finley "didn't want to go through that again" and signed with San Antonio instead.

I'm telling you: these Miami trades were a big, bold gamble. They brought in some players who could really upset the chemistry. This is just one more example.

By the way the "I'm telling you" is the article writer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:07:14 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:55:10 PM »

I'm telling you: these Miami trades were a big, bold gamble. They brought in some players who could really upset the chemistry. This is just one more example.
Thats exactly what I was saying from the jump.  The Heat were 2 injuries away from a title shot.  Not a one dimensional scorer and a point guard away from a title shot.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »

Thats exactly what I was saying from the jump.  The Heat were 2 injuries away from a title shot.  Not a one dimensional scorer and a point guard away from a title shot.
and james posey!  don't sleep on him.  Best player they acquired this summer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:02:00 PM by dbodner »

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 02:50:22 PM »
I like the pick-up for James Posey -- but I would have rather seen the Heat stick with their squad from last year.  IMO, had Wade not been injured, the Heat would have been playing the Spurs for the championship (and the Heat would have made the series a MUCH better series, IMO).  

I definately don't like the additions of Walker and Williams -- yuck!  And if Walker is the reason Finley signs elsewhere?  Even worse!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 03:18:31 PM »
(and the Heat would have made the series a MUCH better series, IMO).

Because a 7 game series that was all tied up after 27 quarters wasn't good enough?? :huh:    
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 07:28:39 PM »
Do you think that all the individual games were all that great?

Game 1 - 15 point win
Game 2 - 21 point win
Game 3 - 17 point win
Game 4 - 31 point win
Game 5 - 1 point win (OT)
Game 6 - 9 point win
Game 7 - 8 point win

I think people remember the last three games and manage to forget about the first four!

Laker Math

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:08:04 AM »

Game 6 - 9 point win
Game 7 - 8 point win

I think people remember the last three games and manage to forget about the first four!
Gm 5 one of the most rockin endings in ages.

Gm 6 84-82 Det with 3 minutes and change to play.

Gm 7 tied or at most a 4 point gap the entire 4th quarter until 1 minute left and Detroit started intentionally fouling.

Yes those last three made up for the 1st 4.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 08:07:29 AM »

Game 6 - 9 point win
Game 7 - 8 point win

Gm 5 one of the most rockin endings in ages.

Gm 6 84-82 Det with 3 minutes and change to play.

Gm 7 tied or at most a 4 point gap the entire 4th quarter until 1 minute left and Detroit started intentionally fouling.

Yes those last three made up for the 1st 4.
Umm, why does this have ANYTHING to do with the Lakers?  

I loved the last three games of the series but it doesn't negate the first four games -- we had three great games and four poor ones, ANYWAY you do the math, that doesn't equal a great series, does it?  

Let's go back to simple math again:  4 (bad games) - 3 (great games) = ? (check your math.  That leaves one more bad game than a great game.  I don't see how you manage to make that a great series -- it was a great couple of games but not a great series.

Reality Math

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 09:55:15 AM »
4 - 3 = 7 solid games

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 10:06:46 AM »
Reality reality.

The last three games totally rocked.  It made it a good series.  The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4.  Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House.

How many NBA Finals have had 7 close games?  You're hung up on math.

Randy you have not responded to WOWs offer to meet for a game.  Will you be attending.

Reality's Dictionary

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 10:41:13 AM »
Reality reality.

The last three games totally rocked.  It made it a good series.  The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4.  Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House.

Randy you have not responded to WOWs offer to meet for a game.  Will you be attending.
The definition of a close game in Basketball:

Game 2 - 21 point win

Game 3 - 17 point win

Game 4 - 31 point win

I belong on Fanhome

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 10:46:30 AM »
Reality reality.

The last three games totally rocked.  It made it a good series.  The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4.  Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House.

How many NBA Finals have had 7 close games?  You're hung up on math.

Randy you have not responded to WOWs offer to meet for a game.  Will you be attending.

Game 2 - 21 point win

Game 3 - 17 point win

Game 4 - 31 point win
"The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4. Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House."

I cannot comprehend this.  

Reality's Dictionary

Reality's backpeddle

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »
Reality reality.

The last three games totally rocked.  It made it a good series.  The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4.  Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House.

How many NBA Finals have had 7 close games?  You're hung up on math.

Randy you have not responded to WOWs offer to meet for a game.  Will you be attending.

Game 2 - 21 point win

Game 3 - 17 point win

Game 4 - 31 point win
"The last 3 counteracted the 1st 4. Enjoy it with Skander and the rest or go pout at the Laker House."

I cannot comprehend this.  

Reality's Dictionary
""How many NBA Finals have had 7 close games?"

Game 2 - 21 point win

Game 3 - 17 point win

Game 4 - 31 point win

But but but I was talking about the last 3 games being better than the first 4.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 11:07:56 AM »
Reality reality.

The last three games WERE great games -- very enjoyable!  But the first four games STUNK!  Just because there were three great games -- it doesn't turn it into a great series -- it just meant there were three great games!  Averaged, each game was decided by 14 points.  

There have been a TON of series that were far closer than that.  

By-the-way, I STILL don't think that this has anything to do with the Lakers.  You know, I'm a HUGE Laker fan and I don't think I talk about them as much as you do!!!

As for the basketball game, it will totally depend on where and when.  I doubt seriously that I would make a trip to LA to see a game.  My wife would also get very upset if I went to SA and didn't take her with me (don't tell Lurker I said this, but SA IS a great city to visit).

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 11:58:44 AM »
I'm actually going to defend Reality math, oh god.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 games for San An - Decisive victories
2 games for Detroit - Decisive victories

EVEN

1 game for San An - Hard fought win
1 game for Detroit - Hard fought win

EVEN

1 game for San An - Tied up after 3 quarters, San An pulled out a gutsy win,  worthy of a champion.

Sorry Randy, this series is the definition of what a close series is.  Were the first four games blowouts, Yes.  Were they still exciting, Yes.  Can we describe the series as a whole VERY VERY CLOSE because after 27 quarters the score was tied up with each team having 2 decisive victories and 1 gutsy win. YES!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 11:59:06 AM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."