Author Topic: Poll: GNob or Kobme  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll: GNob or Kobme
« on: January 23, 2005, 10:15:22 PM »
ESPNs poll showing 87% would rightly choose Lebron James to build around rather then Kobme.

How about GNob vs Kobme?

Kobe has had many good assists this year.  He is making a concerted effort to involve teamates.  Sometimes.  But the pass he really needs to make is on his pampered prima donna personality.  It hasn't happened.  GNob way more the team player.  Remember GNob plays under Popazits offense.  Kobme had Tex Winters and now Rudy (and the entire Laker front office) kissing his Pampers.
GNob just busted out for 48 vs Suns.  With a real offensive coach i think GNob would score tons more, doing these 40+ regularly.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:06:13 AM by Reality »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:39:10 PM »
Kobme!
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:43:07 PM »
Kobme!
I can't wait till GNob goes triple double on your Blazers.  Oh wait Pop wont allow that.  Well wait till SAS get a real offensive coordinator.
I'll grab a Snickers bar.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 01:59:32 AM »
Kobme!
I can't wait till GNob goes triple double on your Blazers.  Oh wait Pop wont allow that.  Well wait till SAS get a real offensive coordinator.
I'll grab a Snickers bar.
Reality,
I didn't say I like him, and I didn't say Ginoboli wasn't a tremendous talent.  Just wanted to be intellectually honest.  Kobe may be an incredibly self absorbed narcissist, who very well may have got away with rape, but he is a better and more talented basketball player than Manu.  I would actually prefer Manu on my team, because I just couldn't bring myself to root for Kobe.  Kobe would probably make us a better team, but after all these years of JR Rider, Sheed, Patterson, Woods, and the rest of cell block C, I would like to have someone I can actually root for.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 10:29:08 AM »
Manu is a great player but he lacks a few things Kobe has.  One of those things is having a whole team depend on him to make big plays and shots.  The Spurs do not depend on Manu the same way the Lakers do and have relied on Kobe.  Id go as far to say that Parker is more depended upon in crunch time than Manu.  The second thing being that Kobe still is a better slasher than Manu is.  Manu is improving each and every year but he still is not at the level where his slashing has just devistated teams in big games.  Last but not least Kobe is a much better defender than Manu is.  Manu has yet to show that he can not only guard the best perimeter player on the other team night in and night out......he has yet to show he can stop a good player on one end and still takeover the other end.

Lebron IMO is a much closer comparision.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 10:30:02 AM »
Manu is a great player but he lacks a few things Kobe has.  One of those things is having a whole team depend on him to make big plays and shots.  The Spurs do not depend on Manu the same way the Lakers do and have relied on Kobe.  Id go as far to say that Parker is more depended upon in crunch time than Manu.  The second thing being that Kobe still is a better slasher than Manu is.  Manu is improving each and every year but he still is not at the level where his slashing has just devistated teams in big games.  Last but not least Kobe is a much better defender than Manu is.  Manu has yet to show that he can not only guard the best perimeter player on the other team night in and night out......he has yet to show he can stop a good player on one end and still takeover the other end.

Lebron IMO is a much closer comparision.
That was me...forgot the cookies were cleared!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 11:51:22 AM »
Reality, you are hilarious!  One great game by Manu and you are elevating him to superstar status?  Kobe IS one of the top 5 players in the league today -- Manu ISN'T!  Did you notice anything in the game against Phoenix?  When did Manu start getting double-teamed?  When did Manu become the focus of the Suns defense?  Nope, in fact, TD WAS the focus of the Suns defense and one of the reasons why Manu was ABLE to go off like he did.  Manu had a great game and he is a good defender but Kobe is a better player in EVERY area of the game than Manu is.  Just call SA and see if they would like to make that swap -- I GUARANTEE you they would make it tomorrow -- LA would NEVER make that swap.

SA is playing incredibly well together -- but it was SA's experience that won out in Phoenix the other night -- the Suns are still a VERY young ballclub and they allowed the lead to slip from the fingers but failing to execute (not to mention their players were getting quite tired from playing a ton of minutes).  SA is hitting on ALL cylinders -- it will be tough for the Suns, Sonics or anyone else to beat them in a seven game series.  But I DO expect Phoenix to put up a great struggle -- and who knows, Seattle has beaten SA two times straight, can they do it next week (I think they play them next week).  

I DO think the West is incredibly competitive this year -- although some of that competition has come out of nowhere (Phoenix and Seattle) -- there will be some GREAT Bball games to see who gets into the playoffs as well as some down the stretch.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 12:07:01 PM »
Reality, you are hilarious!  One great game by Manu and you are elevating him to superstar status?  Kobe IS one of the top 5 players in the league today -- Manu ISN'T!
You've only seen one great game by GNob?  I see.  How did you like the last two playoff years for your Purple v Spurs?  Kobme sure did dominate GNob.  I guess it was so obvious.  Kobme sure is tearing it up without Shraq.  

I called the Spurs.  They don't want the Pampered FTA leader for GNob.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »
Don't know that I'd make that swap, if I were San An.  Ginobili isn't nearly as expensive as Kobe - whether on the payroll or the court.  There's little doubt that Kobe's a max-contract player - but the Spurs have that already in Duncan.  I think the Spurs might rather have the cheaper player - even if he isn't quite as talented, and especially because he's less of a headache.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 12:58:53 PM »
Reality, you are hilarious!  One great game by Manu and you are elevating him to superstar status?  Kobe IS one of the top 5 players in the league today -- Manu ISN'T!
You've only seen one great game by GNob?  I see.  How did you like the last two playoff years for your Purple v Spurs?  Kobme sure did dominate GNob.  I guess it was so obvious.  Kobme sure is tearing it up without Shraq.  

I called the Spurs.  They don't want the Pampered FTA leader for GNob.
Uhh Reality...The Spurs lost to the Lakers last year in the playoffs.  That had to do with Duncan and Parker being focused in on.  If Manu was on the same level as Kobe Bryant he would have dropped 40 like Kobe has on the Spurs so many times before in the playoffs.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »
Uhh Reality...The Spurs lost to the Lakers last year in the playoffs.  That had to do with Duncan and Parker being focused in on.  If Manu was on the same level as Kobe Bryant he would have dropped 40 like Kobe has on the Spurs so many times before in the playoffs.
It had to do with zero outside shooting, which sadly included GNob in the Flamers series.  I think GNobs jumper is back and will be in the playoffs.

Did you see the year before?  Spurs had Stevie Kerr.  Did Kobme drop 40 and lead the Lakers over the Spurs?  Coffee is on me.

Plus Kombes dropping 40 doesnt always, in fact oftentime does not result in Flamer win.  This year he takes 40 shots to get 40 points.

I am impressed by Kobes assists this year 1/2 the time.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 01:22:56 PM »
Did you see the year before?  Spurs had Stevie Kerr.  Did Kobme drop 40 and lead the Lakers over the Spurs?  Coffee is on me.
Did you see the TWO years before that when Kobe obliterated the Spurs?  Kobe was amazing, as good as Manu could be I don't think he will EVER reach that level.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 02:26:57 PM »
Did you see the year before?  Spurs had Stevie Kerr.  Did Kobme drop 40 and lead the Lakers over the Spurs?  Coffee is on me.
Did you see the TWO years before that when Kobe obliterated the Spurs?  Kobe was amazing, as good as Manu could be I don't think he will EVER reach that level.
So why didn't Kobme continue it the next two years?  GNob is getting better the more he is in the NBA.  Kobme has been in for 8 years, albeit he came in as a 19 year old.  So i say let the next couple years do the talkin.

That Kobme possesses more physical talent I can go with.  6'8" jumping jack with huge hands and a 5 tool player.  Done.  The dude has phys talent.  Mentally, I know you are one Laker who can see what a self absorbed pampered punk he is.  It is showing oftentime in his game and certainly showed with the Kobme orchestrated ousting of Shraq and his failure to be accountable for a thing, ie "uh I didn't have Shraqs telephone #."  So, with personality/mentality being a large part of a team, is Kobme better?  I dunno.  Repeat, GNob is getting better.  I'm not sure Kobme is, altho he has had some superb assist games this year, couple of triple doubles.  Hes also shooting 39% and what, 32% on treys?
Also, Kobme had Tex Winters.  GNob was/is stuck with Popazit.  Please.  What would Tex have done/do with GNob?

Jordan used to torch teams for 40 and Joe Dumars said the Pistons couldn't care less.  In fact it was fine with them if Jordan did score 40 cause they knew they were gonna limit the rest and eliminate the Bulls.  Once Jordan involved other players (and got Pippen  :D ) the Bulls won.  Likewise with Kobadiah.  I do see a concerted effort to involve other Flamers -at times.  Indeed they are well over .500, 5 in a row without him  :D .  However, lets see how Kobadiah does in the playoffs and lets give the Flamers a few years to rebuild.  Lets see who Stern and the NBA add to the Laker lineup for next year and 2007.  Meantime I'll also give GNob a few more years to do nothing but get better.  Tex Winters would have GNob and the Spurs offense......oh the possiblilities.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 02:38:24 PM »
Did you see the year before?  Spurs had Stevie Kerr.  Did Kobme drop 40 and lead the Lakers over the Spurs?  Coffee is on me.
So why didn't Kobme continue it the next two years?  GNob is getting better the more he is in the NBA.  Kobme has been in for 8 years, albeit he came in as a 19 year old.  So i say let the next couple years do the talkin.

That Kobme possesses more physical talent I can go with.  6'8" jumping jack with huge hands and a 5 tool player.  Done.  The dude has phys talent.  Mentally, I know you are one Laker who can see what a self absorbed pampered punk he is.  It is showing oftentime in his game and certainly showed with the Kobme orchestrated ousting of Shraq and his failure to be accountable for a thing, ie "uh I didn't have Shraqs telephone #."  So, with personality/mentality being a large part of a team, is Kobme better?  I dunno.  Repeat, GNob is getting better.  I'm not sure Kobme is, altho he has had some superb assist games this year, couple of triple doubles.  Hes also shooting 39% and what, 32% on treys?
Also, Kobme had Tex Winters.  GNob was/is stuck with Popazit.  Please.  What would Tex have done/do with GNob?

Jordan used to torch teams for 40 and Joe Dumars said the Pistons couldn't care less.  In fact it was fine with them if Jordan did score 40 cause they knew they were gonna limit the rest and eliminate the Bulls.  Once Jordan involved other players (and got Pippen  :D ) the Bulls won.  Likewise with Kobadiah.  I do see a concerted effort to involve other Flamers -at times.  Indeed they are well over .500, 5 in a row without him  :D .  However, lets see how Kobadiah does in the playoffs and lets give the Flamers a few years to rebuild.  Lets see who Stern and the NBA add to the Laker lineup for next year and 2007.  Meantime I'll also give GNob a few more years to do nothing but get better.  Tex Winters would have GNob and the Spurs offense......oh the possiblilities.
5-0 without Kobe?  The Lakers have yet to win 3 in a row......let alone 5.  LOL @ you making up stats to make Kobe look bad.

You mean 3-1 (4-1 if you count the Cavs game).  They beat GS twice, Cavs, and the Wolves.

Reality, until Manu consistantly scores 25+ points grabs 5 rebounds and dishes out 5 assits year after year, is one of the top defenders at his position each year,  and is the #2 main option pulling weight behind Duncan then they are not on the same level.  You are comparing what the stacked Spurs team is doing right now to what the Lakers with less talent arent doing at this point in time.  Manu is in a similar situation with Duncan right now as Kobe was with Shaq years prior.  Lets see if he can do what Kobe did with a dominate big man.  Then you can compare em.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 02:39:05 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 02:57:27 PM »
5-0 without Kobe?  The Lakers have yet to win 3 in a row......let alone 5.  LOL @ you making up stats to make Kobe look bad.

You mean 3-1 (4-1 if you count the Cavs game).  They beat GS twice, Cavs, and the Wolves.

Reality, until Manu consistantly scores 25+ points grabs 5 rebounds and dishes out 5 assits year after year, is one of the top defenders at his position each year,  and is the #2 main option pulling weight behind Duncan then they are not on the same level.  You are comparing what the stacked Spurs team is doing right now to what the Lakers with less talent arent doing at this point in time.  Manu is in a similar situation with Duncan right now as Kobe was with Shaq years prior.  Lets see if he can do what Kobe did with a dominate big man.  Then you can compare em.
No, i was also comparing the "stacked" Laker team of 2003 whereupon Kobe certainly did have Shraq.  Tell me of Kobadiahs dominance in that series.  For that matter the .4 Spurs series of last year.  GNob chocked outside shots but Kobadiah sure didnt win that series on his own.  Basically its 1-1.

Repeat, lets see GNob with Tex W controlling the O.  Also go beyond the stats.  What does GNob do for the team.

ps yes i count the Cavs game where the Lakers won with Kobe gone for 3 quarters.  4-1 instead of 5-0.  My bad, no purple n gold undies here.