Author Topic: Ellis Signs! 6 years/$67MIL  (Read 13149 times)

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ellis Signs! 6 years/$67MIL
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
Where's this report of Iguodala looking for 5/$70mil?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »

Its mostly fueled by SF 1976

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »

Its mostly fueled by SF 1976

His accuracy has been more than a little questionable lately.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 08:30:08 PM »
Agreed.  He maybe hits a small point or two, but on the big things (Speights and Brand) he has been behind the curve.

I hope his Iguodala rumors about wanting the max and the team considering TMac and VC are equally off the mark.  That's 40M+ of cousins I want no part of.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
With the BYC issues involved in trading Iggy, McGrady would seem to be out of the ballpark and Carter would have to be all we got back, not the package from NJ that was discussed, even with Reggie thrown in.  More reasonable targets include Jason Richardson, Rip Hamilton, maybe something with Barbosa and other pieces in Phoenix.  The BYC is still a problem even then.  I could see a deal with Charlotte getting all blockbustery with a number of players involved.

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »
Agreed.  He maybe hits a small point or two, but on the big things (Speights and Brand) he has been behind the curve.

I hope his Iguodala rumors about wanting the max and the team considering TMac and VC are equally off the mark.  That's 40M+ of cousins I want no part of.

"Behind the curve"...he probably talks to his friend once every week or two and provides 'at that moment' information as best as posssible...and things change...i have no reason to doubt he's relaying what he's getting but he's not getting updates every day, people expect too much from his information and read into it too much anyway....don't even know why he bothers since most of the time he gets more grief than anything else.

And speaking of unreliable sources...what ever happened to noah and the artest to the pistons thing?

Offline sixers hoops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »

"Behind the curve"...he probably talks to his friend once every week or two and provides 'at that moment' information as best as posssible...and things change...i have no reason to doubt he's relaying what he's getting but he's not getting updates every day, people expect too much from his information and read into it too much anyway....don't even know why he bothers since most of the time he gets more grief than anything else.

And speaking of unreliable sources...what ever happened to noah and the artest to the pistons thing?

Exactly. People pretend like he is in meetings with Eddie, Delio, and Witte. He gets the crumbs from the bits and pieces his buddy gets.

I documented things that he posted prior to them being public knowledge in the past, so I am confident that he knew or knows somebody within the organization, but there clearly isn't a direct pipeline from Eddie to SF1976.

However, I haven't seen him NAIL DOWN a story since king left, so it may be more difficult to come by info now. He thought Smith was our target until it was obvious that they were making room for Brand. He was close on the draft, but didn't nail down Speights as #1. And the Iguodala trade rumors are suspect considering he is BYC.