Author Topic: Kobe OWNS!!!!  (Read 21578 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobe OWNS!!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »

Um buddy, the Spurs won last night.  Basketball teams lose 4 point leads in the course of the game night in and night out.  Why is that even being brought up?

Don't pull this BS where you cite a game that night and then use it to bring up something that happened last year or two years ago.  Since when were both those games played out exactly the same?
Uh "buddy" did you watch the game last night?  :D  (I already know the answer.)

I was watching the same game you were.....

The Laker game  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
So - how bad did San An lose, Reality?
Houston 109
Spurs 104

Popavich started
Duncan
McDyss
Mike Finley  :D ::)
Bogans
Hill.

Joe, what position is Mike Finley playing, who did he D up and how did it go?  :D :D  Finley also pulled down 0 (that's zero) rebounds.
19-10 by the time Dick Jefferson came in for Findawg.

RealSpurs have been dying for Ian Manhinmi to get some playingtime.
Once again he looked like he belongs in the NBA.  Yet he's been in Popazits *doghouse* the entire season.
Hairston also finally got some burn.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
Well OBVIOUSLY the fact that they started Finley is the problem.  Couldn't possibly be because 1 of the "big 3" of San An is out, and another one isn't starting.  Or the fact that BOGANS is a starter.  (Of course, we all know that since I've always despised Bogans, Reality has to see him as a valuable pick-up, and one of the best at his position in the league.)

You know, I've not griped about this in a while, and I think it's about time...how many other teams have a group they like to call "the Big 3" and it includes a 6th man?  Now I understand that the second unit needs a punch to it, but don't you think that if you've got someone who is part of your main core players, you'd want to start them?  Sure, Ginobili's starting to break down.  So's Ray Allen.  The difference is that Allen is starting.  And as Reality pointed out, the Spurs started off slowly.  So why are you starting Bogans in front of Ginobili?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »
Ask Greg Popper or Lurker.
i have *NEVER* said nor advocated to start Bogans.  You're getting koasty in that fabri job.

However, GNob does vastly prefer to come off the bench, so let him. 
Start
Duncan and
Blair together.  Did this for a 4-5 game stretch and it worked out fantastically.  Dunks also looked reenergized with Blair there to majorly help with the paint duties.  Blair and GNob also have some great chemisty together and have had numerous sweet telepathic passes when in together.  While a number of Blairs near league leading rebound stats are his gathering his own bunnys ala Moses Malone style, he nonetheless rules in the rebounding dept.
McDyess or Ian Manhinmi  (long story, total disgrace by Popazit in the misuse of Manhinmi.)
Dick Jefferson i dont know what to say.  I do not know if he is uncoachable, washed up or if Pops dictatorship has ruined whatever confidence he had.

There's your frontline.  Bonner can come in as a 5th big.
Finley does not, nor has he EVER had any business as a Spur in the frontline.  SG, yes ending in 2007.  Occasionally when the other team is going very small he could guard the other teams 3rd guard.  Again, ending in 2007.
I signed Louie Scola in the summer of 2007 instead of renewing Finley Fabs Bonner so don't look at me.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
Well OBVIOUSLY the fact that they started Finley is the problem.  Couldn't possibly be because 1 of the "big 3" of San An is out,
By the way Vancil, look at the injury report for Portland.  Compare what Nate McMillian has done with what Popavich has NOT done.
And New Orleans.
Even the Lakers, altho they were missing their #2 player Kome recently. 
Probably other teams too this season, I'm just putting some fellow West Conf teams down.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 03:51:26 PM »
Ask Greg Popper or Lurker.
i have *NEVER* said nor advocated to start Bogans.  You're getting koasty in that fabri job.

Just because people take notice and make a sarcastic remark about your tendency to find poor to marginal players on the Spurs squad to overhype does not mean they are fabricating things you said.  It is called taking a shot at you.  Know the difference.

Carry On  :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:53:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
So why are you starting Bogans in front of Ginobili?

There are several reasons...

First, Manu was coming off a summer of rehab and actuaslly has not been himself until the past couple of weeks.  The block on Durant was, according to Manu, the first time he felt he had his legs back to pre-injury form.  Also Pop really likes to have Manu come off the bench.

Second, Bogans...at the start of the year...was the best perimeter defender and Pop used him to match up with Kobe, Wade, Roy, etc.  In other words to defend the key offensive player.

Third, Bogans lost his starting job to George Hill when Hill showed tremendous development from his rookie year.  (side note:  Hill should be getting SERIOUS most improved talk but is generally ignored)  Hill moved into the starting 2 spot in January (maybe late Dec) and Bogans went to the bench.  Then Parker is injured and Bogans starts again.  Then Jefferson is moved to the bench and Bogans starts again.

And Joe...I shouldn't have to say this to you...but look at minutes and who plays the 4th quarter.  Then tell me how important it is whether Bogans starts or not.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
Done! Done! On to the Next One!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2010, 05:07:43 AM »
Just wondering if you get MVP nods if you single handily win 1/6th of your teams games on last second shots.  If the Lakers continue to play poor defense he might have 10 game winners by the end of the regular season.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Indeed Kobe Owns!!! 
Winnin Laker style... :D :D

By J.A. Adande
LOS ANGELES -- It says something -- something far from good -- that the Lakers beat the Toronto Raptors thanks to yet another game-winning shot by Kobe Bryant. It says even more that the defensive play of the game was made by a man named Lapo Elkann.

Elkann isn't a D-League player the Lakers brought up on a 10-day contract. He's a man who was sitting in his cousin's courtside seats. And with the Lakers ahead by four points and a ball heading out of bounds on their defensive side of the court, Elkann put both of his hands in the air, then knocked the ball off Toronto guard Jose Calderon's head before Calderon could save it. The ball landed out of bounds, last touched by a Raptor, possession awarded to the Lakers, who went on to win 109-107.

"Tough play, because it was a two-point game," Calderon said. "I was looking to pass to my teammate. I wasn't looking, and I look back and the guy just hit the ball."

Elkann offered an apologetic shake of his hand to Calderon. Ron Artest came over, patted Elkann on the head, and told him, "Good D."

Elkann truly was sorry he hurt the Raptors.

"Having two Italians [Andrea Bargnani and Marco Belinelli] on the team and being Italian, I wished for them to win," Elkann said. "I saw the ball coming on me, and I pushed it."

"I'm not an expert in basketball," he said, explaining his ignorance of the rules. "I know more about soccer than I do about basketball."

He pulled up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of the Juventus Italian football club logo. But if he's a soccer guy, he should know you're not supposed to use your hands.

"You can't," Elkann said. "The only one who's allowed to use them is Maradona, in the World Cup."

So now the Lakers have their own "Hand of God" play. There's nothing heavenly about them lately, evidenced by their need to be bailed out by a once-in-a-lifetime fluke play from a fan and a nearly twice-a-month shot by Bryant, who has hit seven game-winning shots this season.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »
A quick question.

Had the man not touched the ball, and Calderon not touched the ball, who would the ball have been out on?  If the Raptors, then I don't see a lot of relevance here.  If the Lakers, then the referees blew the call, because it should have been called dead the moment the man touched it, and that would make it out on the Lakers.

Therefore, I believe the ball was going out off of a Raptor, in which case, the ball wasn't properly controlled.  A heroic save by Calderon might have saved the possession, but the fact remains that it's the lack of control that's the problem - not some heroic save attempt that was thwarted.

The fact that Bryant won another game is amazing.  The fact that no one is focusing on stopping SPECIFICALLY him is ludicrous.  Reminds me of the LA/Phoenix playoff game, where EVERYONE knew Bryant was going to get the ball, and sure enough, there he was, with no one on him, and not due to some great move.

Maybe it's jst me, but at the end of a game, my FIRST focus defensively is stopping the opponent's primary threat.  And especially so when that primary threat isn't known for giving up the ball in such circumstances (or the primary threat has a history of general selfishness).
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »
The fact that Bryant won another game is amazing.  The fact that no one is focusing on stopping SPECIFICALLY him is ludicrous.  Reminds me of the LA/Phoenix playoff game, where EVERYONE knew Bryant was going to get the ball, and sure enough, there he was, with no one on him, and not due to some great move.

Maybe it's jst me, but at the end of a game, my FIRST focus defensively is stopping the opponent's primary threat.  And especially so when that primary threat isn't known for giving up the ball in such circumstances (or the primary threat has a history of general selfishness).
Concur.  Unreal the gifts Laker opponents keep on giving.
Good shot.  His watching Jordan tape has paid off.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »

Believe me I am not complaining about it but I don't understand either.  Why not double Kobe in those situations?  Kobe with one player guarding him is much more deadly than giving Odom, Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Brown, etc a wide open shot.  The only other player I would be worried about taking a wide open shot in a clutch situation is Derek Fisher.  Even then, if I was an opponent, I'd take Fisher shooting the game winning shot over Kobe each and every time.

Last time I saw a team play Kobe well in that situation and send multiple guys at him he coughed the ball up to Ron Artest.......who proceeded to clang it off the rim.  He will pass out of a double team if he can't get a clear look and no one else on the team is clutch save Fisher.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa.  Are you telling me Artest was in the game?
Was it an out of bounds or out of a timeout play?  (anyplay that began when the clock was off?).

If so  :D :D Xs10 the blunder of not doubling-denying Kobe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update.  Nevermind, i just saw replay.  10 seconds left upon inbounds.  Raptors initially only have one defender at him (dumb) even tho Lakers do the 100% predictable clear out for Kobe.   
Then, when the tall 2nd guy does come over to help with 5 seconds left, the smaller Rap defender, instead of forcing Kobe to Kobes left (towards the middle and INTO the TALL help defender 7'0" Bargnani that Kobes would not have had much time to dribble around as shot clock was running out), defender overplays Kobe so that Kobe goes to the right towards the baseline.  AWAY FROM THE HELP.  Horrible team D.

Watch the matador defense by the smaller Rap, basically inviting, nay insisting Kobe to go right, sending Kobe away from help and right into wide open territory!!
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/10/video-kobes-game-winner-gets-lakers-back-in-the-win-column/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:58:02 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
A quick question.

Had the man not touched the ball, and Calderon not touched the ball, who would the ball have been out on?  If the Raptors, then I don't see a lot of relevance here.  If the Lakers, then the referees blew the call, because it should have been called dead the moment the man touched it, and that would make it out on the Lakers.

Therefore, I believe the ball was going out off of a Raptor, in which case, the ball wasn't properly controlled.  A heroic save by Calderon might have saved the possession, but the fact remains that it's the lack of control that's the problem - not some heroic save attempt that was thwarted.

Had the fan not been there it would not have mattered because Calderon was definately going to get to the ball BUT he had stepped out of bounds so it would not have mattered either way.  Calderon had no intention of just letting the ball go out of bounds so I think it was  Raptor who touched it last.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"