Author Topic: ESPN reporting Ron Artest will be in a Lakers uniform next season.  (Read 6564 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: ESPN reporting Ron Artest will be in a Lakers uniform next season.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
I heard this morning that Ron-Ron has chosen #37 as his new Laker uniform number.

What, you may ask yourself, is the significance of chosing #37? You are NOT going to be glad you asked.

Apparently, Old Ronnie got the bright idea that he would ask his loyal Twitters what number he should request. One entry came from someone calling herself "Hot Trish" or something close to that. She suggested the #37. Because that is the number of weeks the Michael Jackson album "Thriller" was #1 on the charts. As a way, you know, of honoring the King of Pop.

Ron-Ron thought that was a grand idea.

Welcome to La La Land, Ron.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
I heard this morning that Ron-Ron has chosen #37 as his new Laker uniform number.

What, you may ask yourself, is the significance of chosing #37? You are NOT going to be glad you asked.

Apparently, Old Ronnie got the bright idea that he would ask his loyal Twitters what number he should request. One entry came from someone calling herself "Hot Trish" or something close to that. She suggested the #37. Because that is the number of weeks the Michael Jackson album "Thriller" was #1 on the charts. As a way, you know, of honoring the King of Pop.

Whew!!!  You scared me for a minute, I thought that was the record for number of technicals in a single month.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »

FYI,

It was on myspace not twitter.  ::)

* The number of plays William Shakespeare is thought to have written (counting Henry IV as three parts).[1]
* The number of the French department Indre-et-Loire
* The number of slots in European Roulette (numbered 0 through 36, the 00 is not used in European roulette as it is in American roulette)
* I-37 is the designation for a US interstate highway in Texas, running from San Antonio to Corpus Christi
* Municipal Okrug 37, a municipal okrug of Krasnoselsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia
* +37 was the international dialing code of the German Democratic Republic (aka East Germany). Today the +37 prefix is shared by Lithuania (+370), Latvia (+371), Estonia (+372), Moldavia (+373), Armenia (+374), Belarus (+375), Andorra (+376), Monaco (+377), San Marino (+378) and Vatican City (+379).
* A television channel reserved for radioastronomy in the United States
* The protagonist in the book This Number Speaks (Publish America 2008) by Jason Patrick Doherty, is named Thirty-Seven
* Paul Newman's inmate number in the egg eating scene of Cool Hand Luke
* A recurring number in films by filmmaker Kevin Smith
* 37 is the only two digit number in base 10 whose product, when multiplied by two, subtracted by one, and then read backwards, equals the original two digit number: 37x2=74-1=73, 73 backwards is 37

;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »

FYI,

* The number of plays William Shakespeare is thought to have written (counting Henry IV as three parts).[1]
* The number of slots in European Roulette (numbered 0 through 36, the 00 is not used in European roulette as it is in American roulette)
* I-37 is the designation for a US interstate highway in Texas, running from San Antonio to Corpus Christi
* Municipal Okrug 37, a municipal okrug of Krasnoselsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia
* +37 was the international dialing code of the German Democratic Republic (aka East Germany). Today the +37 prefix is shared by Lithuania (+370), Latvia (+371), Estonia (+372), Moldavia (+373), Armenia (+374), Belarus (+375), Andorra (+376), Monaco (+377), San Marino (+378) and Vatican City (+379).
* The protagonist in the book This Number Speaks (Publish America 2008) by Jason Patrick Doherty, is named Thirty-Seven
* 37 is the only two digit number in base 10 whose product, when multiplied by two, subtracted by one, and then read backwards, equals the original two digit number: 37x2=74-1=73, 73 backwards is 37

;D

I know it was Myspace  ::)

Ron have loyal Twitters is a play on words.

And don't you have anything better to do then Google #37 all day long?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »

FYI,

;D

I know it was Myspace  ::)

Ron have loyal Twitters is a play on words.

And don't you have anything better to do then Google #37 all day long?

The irony in a government worker up in Sacramento getting on another person in the private sector about working  :D

All smack talk aside, what is your take on the move?  You've been a vocal supporter of Artest around here since he stepped into Arco.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:27 PM »

The irony in a government worker up in Sacramento getting on another person in the private sector about working  :D

All smack talk aside, what is your take on the move?  You've been a vocal supporter of Artest around here since he stepped into Arco.

The irony is that people in the private sector apparently have no idea of the ripple effect and ramifications this state budget crisis will eventually do to their own livelihoods.

Good luck, and I mean that. Going to work now is a challenge figuring out work schedules to work around having three furlough days a month now.

When Ron is on the court, there is no better or more dedicated guy you can have around you. He has your back and he uses his strength to really dominate opponents. On that level, you will like him.

His problem has always been trust. Trust from his teammates, who need to know he will be there on any given day to play along side them. Eventually, a lack of trust builds up based on not knowing whether he will be playing that night, and usually finding out 45 minutes before tipoff. This is where a strong coach, like Jackson "may" be of benefit. But even Jackson will be vexed, and Phil is obviously winding down his long career and may not feel physically up to the challenge Artest presents.

Plus, Ron is now near Hollywood and the music center of the west coast. This activity nearly diverted his career once. His focus is tremendous, but unfortunately, when his focus drifts from basketball to other things, it also is complete.   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »
Did I call it or what?

-------------------------------------------

"Sometimes I speak my mind and people aren't ready for what I say," he said.

This would be, um, one of those times.

The initial question at his introductory news conference was asked by him.

"Where's TMZ?" he asked. "They're not here?"

The gossip website was missing, but the dish was everywhere.

When asked what he's learned from his vicious role in the infamous Palace Brawl five years ago -- which began when he was pelted with beer while lying on the scorer's table -- Artest frowned, "I don't lay on tables no more," he said.

When asked if he really began courting the Lakers two seasons ago by cozying up to Kobe Bryant in the shower after the NBA Finals elimination in Boston, Artest shrugged.

"Yeah, I walked in the shower," he said. "I'm not a homosexual or nothing like that, but Kobe had no clothes on."

When asked to explain his comment to a TV network that the Lakers needed to be "hoodalized," Artest smiled.

"I hoodalized ESPN," he said. "I was just playing around, it was a joke, it was just off the top of the head, you got to have fun, it's summertime, enjoy life, enjoy the moment."

When asked why his Lakers jersey will be No. 37, Artest laughed.

" 'Thriller' was the No. 1 album for 37 weeks," he said.

When asked why he sat courtside at Lakers playoff games this spring after his Houston Rockets had been eliminated by the Lakers, he really laughed.

"I just wanted to get my media time," he said. "I just wanted y'all to snap pictures, get me on the camera. I was there as a star. I had to get my L.A. on."
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com