Author Topic: Richard Jefferson to the spurs  (Read 23359 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Richard Jefferson to the spurs
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
The more I think about this trade the more I think how perfect of a fit Richard Jefferson is for this team.  He brings another offensive threat and his defense, while not Bruce Bowen of 03 caliber, is not a huge drop off from where Bowen is now.  The closet Spurs fan in me is anxious for the year to start because I want to see how much better the squad is.  Like msc said, I always enjoy the WC a bit more when the Lakers/Spurs are really battling it out.

Would it be too bold of me to say that Manu doesn't need to come back to the exact same level he was at the last time they won the championship with Jefferson on the squad now?  If Manu is slowed by the injury it might not matter quite as much because Jefferson is more than capable of providing that 3rd scorer on nights Manu can't do it.

He definately will help with scoring and is as good a defender, if not better, as 2009 Bowen/Finley.  He doesn't bring the ball handling skills that Manu does and the past couple years have shown that the Spurs offense stagnates when neither Parker or Ginobili are on the floor.  IMO the Spurs need a healthy Manu to make a title run but getting a solid starting SF in his prime can't hurt.

I still believe the Spurs are looking to deal again.  They need another rotation ready big man.  My hope is that they can get Dumbleavy to give us Camby for nothing.  I don't really see anyone available for the midlevel exemption.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »
Manu could be 80% of what he was and still have no trouble taking the ball up and initiating the offense.  Actually generating points is a different story.  I always feel like his ankle is going to break from his own herky jerky movements.  Though you are right, only thing that you can say is a negative (not even a big one) is Jefferson can not handle the ball quite as well.  At least he has never been put in the position to do so.  I don't think he will either.

The Clippers are taking Blake Griffin and they HAVE to deal either Kaman or Camby.  Just doesn't make sense for them to keep all 3 of these guys.  If the Spurs get Camby then the Lakers are going to have their work cut out for them to get out of the WC let a lone back to the finals to defend their crown.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
Hey RealSpurs....your response did not answer the point.  But then what's new pussycat!
What point?  That Mil gave Jefferson and his 13 million contract away for little and the inference if not flat statement that this equals the Gasol for Kwame trade?   :D :D

Go ahead and list the other GMs better offers along with listing their current complaints about the Jefferson to Spurs trade.  ::)

I'm actually enjoying still owning weaksause and juviW.O.W. as they try to comment to me thru others.  :D :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »
I still believe the Spurs are looking to deal again.  They need another rotation ready big man.  My hope is that they can get Dumbleavy to give us Camby for nothing.  I don't really see anyone available for the midlevel exemption.
Lets hope so.  We saw titles with Rasho, Nazman and Elson.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »

Sounds like Kaman as higher up on the trade list than Camby.  IMO it might be tough for Kaman in SA cause he plays so dumb, Camby would be an excellent fit in SA but I don't know how well he would do against centers if the Spurs are going to keep TD at PF.  The Spurs definately need another big man and the talk around the cooler is that the Spurs are not too hot on Gooden and Kurt will probably be bought out he and Bowen will end up back in SA.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »

Sounds like Kaman as higher up on the trade list than Camby.  IMO it might be tough for Kaman in SA cause he plays so dumb, Camby would be an excellent fit in SA but I don't know how well he would do against centers if the Spurs are going to keep TD at PF.  The Spurs definately need another big man and the talk around the cooler is that the Spurs are not too hot on Gooden and Kurt will probably be bought out he and Bowen will end up back in SA.

Camby would be an excellent fit and I don't see any centers other than Yao Ming who Camby would have a major problem with.  No team in this league really has a real good PF/C combo (every 4th night the Lakers do when Bynum plays like a man)  to where you couldn't switch Duncan onto the big man who is torching them to slow that squad down.  The defense would be down right crazy with both Duncan and Camby in the paint.  If the Spurs got Camby, which I don't think they will, they really would make the Lakers chances at repeating difficult.

Kaman has the bigger contract with more years than Camby does.  I don't think he's higher on the list right now to be honest.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 12:52:01 PM »
Kaman has the bigger contract with more years than Camby does.  I don't think he's higher on the list right now to be honest.

That's excatly why he's higher on the list.  Unless you mean from the Spurs side.  The Clippers are looking to save money, no news there, so Kaman is the piece they want to move first between him and Camby.  IMO Zach needs to be moved so Blake can start, he's got a horrible contract, there is even talk about moving Davis.  IMO they need to move Camby or Kaman first since they have Jordan who is an adequet backup at the 5.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »

That's excatly why he's higher on the list.  Unless you mean from the Spurs side.  The Clippers are looking to save money, no news there, so Kaman is the piece they want to move first between him and Camby.  IMO Zach needs to be moved so Blake can start, he's got a horrible contract, there is even talk about moving Davis.  IMO they need to move Camby or Kaman first since they have Jordan who is an adequet backup at the 5.

Yeah I meant on the Spurs side.  I am sure the Clippers would LOVE to move that big contract they screwed up giving him.

Zach really should be the one to go but I don't think anyone wants to take him and his attitude.  Don't even need to bring up his horrible contract.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »
Got to love it ^^^^ huh SpursX3 and Lurker.

While they got waltzed Gasol for Kwame we get listen to these two skirts discuss whether or not the Spurs might be able to be lassooed with Caveman or Camby.  :D

But of course RJ equalizes all that.  ;)
Hey, he's a huge upgrade over Fins.  Oh wait, Pops is still planning to start Fins and play him 30 mpg?  :D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »
Hey, he's a huge upgrade over Fins.  Oh wait, Pops is still planning to start Fins and play him 30 mpg?  :D

Of course Pop is going to start a player that is no longer on the roster.  But then that shouldn't stop you from some inane comment.  What's new, pussycat?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:19 PM »
yeah the thought of Pop starting and playing a "yet to be on the roster Fins" is unheard of.
Like June of one year ago.  Should we look up your posts then?  I agree, don't bother.  :D ;)

Try to make your comebacks rise above the lameless level of weaksause n sis.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
yeah the thought of Pop starting and playing a "yet to be on the roster Fins" is unheard of.
Like June of one year ago.  Should we look up your posts then?  I agree, don't bother.  :D ;)

Try to make your comebacks rise above the lameless level of weaksause n sis.

Well, RealGenius, Finley has a player option on his contract which he has not exercised yet.  Read it slowly...he has NOT exercised his option.  This means until he notifies the league he is no longer on the Spurs roster.  In otherwords until he exercises the option he is a FREE AGENT!

As far as last year, Finley was a free agent at the time of my posting and, YES, Pop could not include a free agent in his starting lineup.  Once Finley SIGNED a contract then Pop could consider using him.

For a supposedly successful businessman you sure do not understand basic contract rights.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
^^ I had an accountant tell me accountants are indeed the most anal retentive people on the planet.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »
^^ I had an accountant tell me accountants are indeed the most anal retentive people on the planet.

Until you do work for some know-it-all businessman that depends on "inside sources" for their facts.  Then the client becomes an even bigger A.....
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 06:20:41 PM »
>>>>sigh<<<<

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.