Author Topic: GNobili out for year. Spurs done?  (Read 7158 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: GNobili out for year. Spurs done?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 11:10:51 AM »
It only makes the playoffs a bit duller for Spurs fans.  It will also open an opportunity for a lower seed to have a chance at an upset, which will actually add to the excitement.

I disagree, the Lakers are going to steam roll everyone unless some teams bring something to the playoffs that they did not show durring the regular season.  Portland could be scary but IMO the Spurs were the only legit threat to the Lakers.  They handled everyone last year and they are a better team this year.  Only the Spurs could take out the Lakers IMO and since they are out of the mix the WC playoffs are going to be very predictable and hence...booooring.

A lot of people considered SA an elite team.  To me, they lost that status when they stopped competing with LA for best record in the West.  I've also seen them lose games to teams that would never have beaten them in years past.

The Spurs ARE an elite team when they are healthy.  IMO the Spurs could have just as likely beaten the Lakers 4-2 as the Lakers beat them.  IMO Manu was pretty much missing after game 2 because of the injury.  How many times did SA come up short on a key possesion because they only had two weapons and lost their key "closer" because Manu could not move on that bum leg.  THIS year's team was better than last years team IMO.  They got some new blood in Mason and Hill and with the addition of Gooden they solved their front court problems, assuming TD played the 5 spot.  So if the Spurs were healthy they are elite and the ONLY reason they could not challenge the Lakers for the best record in the WC is because of injuries.  Not surprised you can't see that.

When their big three are healthy they are a very good team, but without a better supporting cast they aren't elite any longer.

Their supporting cast is better this year than last, with the exception of stopper like Bowen.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 11:11:20 AM »
wow, link to possible career ender post?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »
Funny how a team can play legitimate basketball all season long and one injury puts you down like a Kings' rally
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »
Funny how a team can play legitimate basketball all season long and one injury puts you down like a Kings' rally

It is because they are in the weaker conference.  If they were in the east they would still be favorites.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

It is because they are in the weaker conference.  If they were in the east they would still be favorites.
Then surely HOF coach Popavich will take advantage of the weaker conference and still make a run at the Championship this year, right?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »
While W.O.W. is searching for the missing link, SPURSXs3, here is a little inside infor for Lurker and WOW:

I was (surprised), he said. We had proceeded under the impression he was healed; not getting better, but he was ready to go. At the time, it wasn't a stress fracture. It was a stress reaction. All the indications all the films, all the things the medical people do came out positive, with re-growth and no indications whatsoever.

On top of that, he's taken extra time from when they said he was ready. We held him out longer. On top of that, he's played (six) games, and has felt great after every game and the next day. Then, all of a sudden, he felt what he felt, and that was a surprise.

Popovich said the medical regimen for Ginobili will be the same as it had been with the stress reaction: Rest and treatment that will stimulate the natural healing process.

This isn't a surgical deal, as far as I've been told, Popovich said. He'll heal and be 100 percent, that kind of thing. Obviously, I wouldn't want to bring him back again (this season).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:34:17 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 04:11:08 PM »

Then surely HOF coach Popavich will take advantage of the weaker conference and still make a run at the Championship this year, right?

True fans think so.

Don't know about those living in SoCal.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »

It was from a SanAn radio station.  The link is not on Truehoop anymore. :(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »

I read that he should be good IF he rests all the way until next season- IF.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »

Why "if"?  There is no reason for Manu NOT to rest.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »
Portland can move into a tie for 3rd seed if they can win in San Antonio tonight.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »

Why "if"?  There is no reason for Manu NOT to rest.

Because he IS Manu, assuming there is no reason for him to do any sports activities here or at home in argentina.  Get this guy a segway if we need to.  Last thing I want to read is he stresses it doing some kind of clinic during the summer. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »
Yes, it kills their chances.

Except for Parker there is no other player with the ability to create for others the way Ginobili does.

I would try to explain why the Spurs have been experimenting for the past 2-3 weeks while incorporating a new player (Gooden) and trying to get the new players (Mason/Hill) used to playing with Manu.  As well as give Manu time with the starters since that is the normal end of game lineup.  But all it would do is start some inane argument with posters who don't understand the fine tuning aspects of coaching.  Or the nuances of matchups.
I dunno, shooting a barrel fish like you doesn't get too old.
After Manus return, Hills minutes went down for 5 of the 6 games, including 2 "DNPs, Morons Decision".
0 Atl win
26 Clippers (oooh vs the mighty Clippers, a win by the way)
5 New Orleans loss
0 OKC loss, (but Michael "Lurker" Finley got 37 minutes and got toasted by Durant)
13 Indiana (oh another win)
6 Cleveland loss

Hill had been doing fine when getting regular minutes at the backup point.
Ditto Mason, doing great at the SG-SF position.  The stupid move to have Mase play backup point started well before Manus injury.  Fact.

Realowned.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
Yes, it kills their chances.

Except for Parker there is no other player with the ability to create for others the way Ginobili does.

I would try to explain why the Spurs have been experimenting for the past 2-3 weeks while incorporating a new player (Gooden) and trying to get the new players (Mason/Hill) used to playing with Manu.  As well as give Manu time with the starters since that is the normal end of game lineup.  But all it would do is start some inane argument with posters who don't understand the fine tuning aspects of coaching.  Or the nuances of matchups.
I dunno, shooting a barrel fish like you doesn't get too old.
After Manus return, Hills minutes went down for 5 of the 6 games, including 2 "DNPs, Morons Decision".
0 Atl win
26 Clippers (oooh vs the mighty Clippers, a win by the way)
5 New Orleans loss
0 OKC loss, (but Michael "Lurker" Finley got 37 minutes and got toasted by Durant)
13 Indiana (oh another win)
6 Cleveland loss

Hill had been doing fine when getting regular minutes at the backup point.
Ditto Mason, doing great at the SG-SF position.  The stupid move to have Mase play backup point started well before Manus injury.  Fact.

Realowned.

I wish I could predict lottery numbers as easily as it is to predict your inane comments.  Come back and post AFTER you actually watch a game because my comment sailed so far over your head that it richocheted off the moon.  And you still failed to catch it.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
I wish I could predict lottery numbers as easily as it is to predict your inane comments.  Come back and post AFTER you actually watch a game because my comment sailed so far over your head that it richocheted off the moon.  And you still failed to catch it.
:D :D The tactic of pretending like your post had some deep inner meaning -other then what your wrote- thus you are unaccountable.  W.O.W. does that tactic when owned also.

10/10 on the weak scale.  ;)