Author Topic: Mike Dumbleavy MUST be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2878 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Mike Dumbleavy MUST be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Second game in a row the Clippers hold a double digit lead into the 4th quater then blow it.  On top of that they have a couple of chances to win the game and don't even get a shot off!  I feel like Charlie Brown.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mike Dumbleavy MUST be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »
I feel like Charlie Brown.....

Why?  Aren't you a Lakers fan?    :)
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »
I feel like Charlie Brown.....

Why?  Aren't you a Lakers fan?    :)

I'm a fan of local teams.  I've been a fan of the Clippers ever since they drafted Danny Manning.  They have such a talented roster right now but injuries and stupid coaching has really derailed their season. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
.............but injuries and stupid coaching has really derailed their season. 

That season being 1981???? or 1989???? or 1993??? or 1995????   or 1999????  or 2003???? or 2007????? or ??????
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »
:D

And for the numb nutts who claimed and claim Larry Browns taking the Clips to the playoffs was no accomplishment.  ::)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »
You're just figuring that out now WOW?  I would've thought the Daniel Ewing defensive substitute a few years back would have done the trick. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
:D

And for the numb nutts who claimed and claim Larry Browns taking the Clips to the playoffs was no accomplishment.  ::)

It wasn't that huge of an accomplishment.  They had talent and barely squeaked in at 41-41.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »
Coincidentally here's today's addition to The Sports Guy's ongoing Clipper/Dunleavy bashing.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »
Coincidentally here's today's addition to The Sports Guy's ongoing Clipper/Dunleavy bashing.

Well, I know the old saying, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything," but don't you think this is taking it to the extreme, jn?

Then again, we are talking about the Clippers.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
I wish Bill Simmons would get fired, seriously.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »
Indeed Joe.    ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090311&sportCat=nba

This guy nailed it.

He missed the best play of all, Kaman was playing HORRIBLY.  Everyone in the stands knew he should be taken out but Dumbleavy leaves him for just one more heart breaking, hair pulling, stomach turning possesion.  I'm not sure who drove into the lane but he kicked out the ball to Kaman who was WIDE open.  Nobody was within 5 feet of him.  Kaman raises up for the shot and CHANGES HIS MIND MID AIR!  Nobody was running at him, no hand in his face he just changed his mind.  He then tries to throw the ball off a Cavs leg.  UNFRICKING believable.  I wanted to charge the court and attack Mike Dumbleavy.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »
Just read the Simmons' piece.  It's hysterical, as usual.

So if I asked the Clips a simple question, like "How does Mike Dunleavy still have a job?", would they tar-and-feather me and act as if I'd just insulted God Himself?  Or would they sigh, shake their head, and slowly beat themselves with a tire iron?  I can't decide.

But really, a bunch of chimps in drag could do a better job of running that franchise than the current management.  I'd say they're basketball's version of the Arizona Cardinals, but they just caused the Apocalypse by getting to the Super Bowl.

Honestly, I'm reminded of a story I heard about a fan in the English Premiere League (maybe the best soccer league in the world).  A fan of one of the horrendous teams actually stormed the field and TORE UP THE REST OF HIS SEASON TICKETS IN FRONT OF THE HEAD COACH!

If I had the money, I would encourage any Clips fan to do just that (right in front of Dunleavy) and then reimburse them for the cost of the tickets.

It would be the single greatest fan moment in the history of American sports (well, sans Steve Bartman, but what can you do?).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:22:31 PM by Wolverine »
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »
A fan of one of the horrendous teams actually stormed the field and TORE UP THE REST OF HIS SEASON TICKETS IN FRONT OF THE HEAD COACH!

If I had the money, I would encourage any Clips fan to do just that (right in front of Dunleavy) and then reimburse them for the cost of the tickets.

Funny you mention that....I spoke to the Clippers guy that has been giving me tickets and free parking in the hopes that I sign up for season tickets again.  I told him I would not even consider buying season tickets again until Mike Dumbleavy is gone.  He should not waste his time or tickets on me anymore because that was my final answer.  He said he understood and then GAVE ME 4 MORE FREE TICKETS.   :D  So I'll be at the Nets and Wizards game chanting and screaming my head off.  It's funny cause it's subtle yet more and more people are catching on at Staples to the new chant.  The crowd will start chanting "LETS-GO-CLIPP-ERS"...while the rest of us use the same chant rythm to yell "FI-RE-LEA-VY"
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"