Author Topic: Whats your Super Bowl Pick?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Whats your Super Bowl Pick?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 09:01:15 PM »
Steelers by 10, and yes, I AM ROOTING FOR THEM BECAUSE I LIKE THEM!!!! I am first last and foremost a Niners fan, and have been for 35+ years, but my favorite AFC team has always been Pittsburgh, they have always focused on fundamentals and always recognized the importance of defense, no way Arizona beats this team.
Dan

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »
How does *ANYONE* root against Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu. 

I believe Steve McNair has retired officially, ere go Hines is officially my favorite player in the NFL.  I always get a laugh when some 275 Ib linebacker starts whining to an ESPN journalist about a hit Hines Ward put on them the week before.  On the one hand, they'll call him a weak, little, midget Chink, on the other they'll whine when that midget hits hard.

Plus Polamalu, what's not to like?  He works hard, is a family man, exceedingly humble, and has a wild fro that flails int he air as he makes highlight plays.

I've always like Pittsburgh.  I'll root for them. 

Tennessee Titans are still my team, though.   
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »
My best guess is that the Steelers will win.  What I want to know is why none of you like them?  What did they do that makes you want to see them loose, or want to see the Cardinals win.

Is ex-grocery clerk Warner more sympathetic? Didn't he win enough in St. Louis? Or is this simply revenge for the Rams giving up on him, when it was clear he was still a good QB?

I don't have any feelings either way.  I disliked Cower, but he's long gone. I hope the game is as exciting as the Bird bowl in Az.

I guess I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a Lakers-Hater.  I honestly felt that the last time the Steelers were in the Superbowl they had an unfair advantage and that advantage is the SOLE reason they won.  That's one part of it but mostly I love rooting for the underdog unless one of my teams is involved (Lakers/Clippers/Chargers/UCLA/USC).  I typically don't care about baseball but if the Dodgers are in it I root for them, otherwise I don't care enough to know who's the champ.  I'm just not a baseball guy, in all other sports I typically watch games on a regular basis and almost never miss a playoffs game.
Excellent progress.  You are getting a taste of what it's like to be a Fairness-Lover.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »
I think if that happens I will be a season ticket holder.  My friends SD tickets are 55 bucks on the 45 yard line in the lower level, hopefully an LA based team will have prices in the same affordable range.
One day at a time on the truthfullness and reality front.
Chargers do not have 45 yard line lower level tickets for anything remotely near 55 bucks. ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
I think if that happens I will be a season ticket holder.  My friends SD tickets are 55 bucks on the 45 yard line in the lower level, hopefully an LA based team will have prices in the same affordable range.
One day at a time on the truthfullness and reality front.
Chargers do not have 45 yard line lower level tickets for anything remotely near 55 bucks. ;)

I get my friends season tickets, they're actually his grandfathers since changing ownership causes the seats to go back into a "lottery pool" and he would probably get crappy seats, for the Raiders game each year.  The seats used to be dead on the 50 yard line but they adjusted the field about 6 years ago and the seats are now on the 45 yard line on the "sun" side of the field (South).  I haven't gone to the Raiders game in over 3 years so maybe the seats have gone up in price, I can't imagine that they've moved to a "remote" land since even the greatest sports franchise on Earth, the Lakers, don't make such drastic adjustments unless they change stadiums.  As far as I know the Chargers still play at Qualcom stadium.  When I first got the seats from my friend they were 50 bucks then they jumped 5 bucks one year, about the same time they were moved from the 50 yard line.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
How does *ANYONE* root against Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu. 

I believe Steve McNair has retired officially, ere go Hines is officially my favorite player in the NFL.  I always get a laugh when some 275 Ib linebacker starts whining to an ESPN journalist about a hit Hines Ward put on them the week before.  On the one hand, they'll call him a weak, little, midget Chink, on the other they'll whine when that midget hits hard.

Plus Polamalu, what's not to like?  He works hard, is a family man, exceedingly humble, and has a wild fro that flails int he air as he makes highlight plays.

I've always like Pittsburgh.  I'll root for them. 

Tennessee Titans are still my team, though.   

I think all those complaining linebackers would prefer if Hines would just hit them hard, straight up. What they don't like are the crackback blocks on their knees. To his credit, Hines can quickly neutralize those linebackers, sometimes for life, but what the hey.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
Then again, JoMal, its not like they present him with a bouquet of flowers when he's blindly going across the middle, either.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »
Then again, JoMal, its not like they present him with a bouquet of flowers when he's blindly going across the middle, either.

Again, hitting is not the problem in football, it is the blindsides and crackback blocks that are objectionable

But for Hines, that is how he actually CAN block the bigger linebackers. Potential career-enders, but - again - what the hey, you like the guy. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."