Author Topic: Whats your Super Bowl Pick?  (Read 4389 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Whats your Super Bowl Pick?
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Cards or Steelers?  Who you going with?

I think the spread is +7 right now.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whats your Super Bowl Pick?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »
I hope the Cards run their offense like the 1st half vs Philly.  Nicely done.

Boring, unchallenged Pitt needs to go down.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »
Steelers
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:29:26 AM »
Steelers by a touchdown.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »
Steelers but I'll be rooting for the Cards!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »

Ditto.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 12:15:14 PM »

A California Resident rooting for an Arizona team? Ack.

Btw they approved a bid for land for a new football stadium in the City Of Industry in an attempt to get a team out here by 2012.  You know so you don't have to root for Arizona in any capacity now.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

Btw they approved a bid for land for a new football stadium in the City Of Industry in an attempt to get a team out here by 2012.  You know so you don't have to root for Arizona in any capacity now.

I think if that happens I will be a season ticket holder.  My friends SD tickets are 55 bucks on the 45 yard line in the lower level, hopefully an LA based team will have prices in the same affordable range.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »

I think if that happens I will be a season ticket holder.  My friends SD tickets are 55 bucks on the 45 yard line in the lower level, hopefully an LA based team will have prices in the same affordable range.

I saw a 3d model of what the stadium might look like on the news this morning before I left to work.  Have to say I am excited as well.  If the team is an expansion it will suck (obviously) but at least football will be in our back yard again.  SD is too far for me personally. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
My best guess is that the Steelers will win.  What I want to know is why none of you like them?  What did they do that makes you want to see them loose, or want to see the Cardinals win.

Is ex-grocery clerk Warner more sympathetic? Didn't he win enough in St. Louis? Or is this simply revenge for the Rams giving up on him, when it was clear he was still a good QB?

I don't have any feelings either way.  I disliked Cower, but he's long gone. I hope the game is as exciting as the Bird bowl in Az.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
My best guess is that the Steelers will win.  What I want to know is why none of you like them?  What did they do that makes you want to see them loose, or want to see the Cardinals win.

Is ex-grocery clerk Warner more sympathetic? Didn't he win enough in St. Louis? Or is this simply revenge for the Rams giving up on him, when it was clear he was still a good QB?

I don't have any feelings either way.  I disliked Cower, but he's long gone. I hope the game is as exciting as the Bird bowl in Az.

I guess I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a Lakers-Hater.  I honestly felt that the last time the Steelers were in the Superbowl they had an unfair advantage and that advantage is the SOLE reason they won.  That's one part of it but mostly I love rooting for the underdog unless one of my teams is involved (Lakers/Clippers/Chargers/UCLA/USC).  I typically don't care about baseball but if the Dodgers are in it I root for them, otherwise I don't care enough to know who's the champ.  I'm just not a baseball guy, in all other sports I typically watch games on a regular basis and almost never miss a playoffs game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 01:18:02 PM »
Oh I didn't add my pick.  Obviously its the Steelers.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 01:20:53 PM »
I'm going with the Steelers.    I have no problem with picking them either as I respect their fan base.  Heck, a friend of mine has the Steeler logo as a tatoo and once walked 6 miles round trip in a sleet storm to get to a Steeler bar, and that was when they started Bubby Brister at QB.  I'll go out on a limb and say that not one single AZ fan has that kind of dedication, plus the Cardinals are a team swiped from another city by an unlikeable owner.  
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 01:44:59 PM »
I am picking the Cardinals.

And while I do not hate the Steelers as much as the Pa-tree-rots or Cryboys, neither of whom for which I would I give a warm vial of spit, I have no interest in seeing Pittsburg once again the favorite to win a Super Bowl. Boring.

The Cowboys flat out disgust me. While I DO think they epitimize and in fact mirror America, so they certainly can call themselves "America's Team", THAT is also why they disgust me. Conniving cheaters from Texas loaded with players and an owner who think the world owes them for being Cryboys ever since Michael Irvin made very questionable defensive pass interference calls the game plan for winning close games at the end of the fourth quarter. After he retired, only THEN did the League recognize what he did as OFFENSIVE pass interference.

As for the Pa-tree-rots, need I say more then "Tuck Rule". I still laugh about how the League tried to justify this ridiculous ruling the following year by trying to show it was a legitimate penalty call by calling it more often. Until they finally had to stop doing it because it made them look so stupid. Of course, it has now come to light they routinely cheated anyway.

While the "Immaculate Reception" has faded a bit with time, I watched that Raider/Steeler playoff game and saw the Raiders lose a chance to go to the Super Bowl that year because of it. Easy to hate the team that they were playing at the time, and since they made such a big deal about the Steelers' four Super Bowls that decade, they did not need it. Same as the Patriots so-called dynasty this decade started with a referee bonus call.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »
Steelers by 10, but I'll be rooting for 'Zona (I'm from St. Louis).
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41